SportsWrath

Domenik Hixon

Sephiroth

It's hard to not get excited. It may be a meaningless game but pre-season is a good time to evaluate players and he's looked real good out there.

If this were a real game Hixon would of been on pace to shatter the single game record for most fantasy points. :lol:

Hey guys, just got back from the bar. I gotta say that Hixon looked EXTREMELY good, he definatly wants to sew up a roster spot. The awareness to keep both of his feet in, his speed, everything looked good. That return was sweet. He's a special player.

I also like what I see in Ware. With an already deep backfield, does he go back to the PS? He looks good, but then again, so does our RB's. Maybe he akes the 4th spot from Droughns. ;)

jsut wow.... he gonna be a surprise of the year for us?? i was watching WARE also. even tho he was running goood.. he is going up against backup players as well... can't say much until i see him in a while regular game.. also.. MOSS... i was shock he even got a pass thrown to him.....

what are you reviews on number 21??.. and t.thomas(USC rookie)?... i fell asleep half way..

jsut wow.... he gonna be a surprise of the year for us?? i was watching WARE also. even tho he was running goood.. he is going up against backup players as well... can't say much until i see him in a while regular game.. also.. MOSS... i was shock he even got a pass thrown to him.....

what are you reviews on number 21??.. and t.thomas(USC rookie)?... i fell asleep half way..

Thomas got majorly juked by somebody, I think it was Steptoe. He was caught flat footed when he should've just taken away the outside and been aggressive in going for the tackle. That was the only play of his that I saw that I can comment on.

Hixon was awesome. What a great game for him, I think he sealed a roster spot with that performance.

Dockery got bitched out by the one WR on the long TD, I think he's still on the team because of the Int for a TD against the Vikings his rookie year, I haven't seen much else from him.

Dockery is ok for depth. As a 4th CB or so, he's not bad.

But as for Hixon, wow. I mean, by all accounts he's wowed in camp, and then to come on and have this performance, it truly is amazing. He showed great hands and terrific footwork that even Amani Toomer would be proud of.

The Giants will have to put someone on the PUP list to start the season, and then play wait and see with these wide receivers. I think that Burress, Toomer, Smith, and Hixon are sure-fire on the team. The Giants don't want to give up on Moss, so I believe he makes it, and either Manningham or Tyree starts the season on the PUP, with the other being the 6th and final wide receiver to start the season the 53 man roster. At least that's how I see it shaking out. I do like Craphonso Thorpe and DJ Hall, but you have to cut somebody. Hopefully the Giants can put at least one on the practice squad, but at least in Thorpe's case, I doubt he will stay their long (he will be picked up by somebody else).

I also don't think that Droughns gets cut, because he has value as a back up FB. So it will be interesting to see what Coughlin does about Ware, because the kid has beautiful footwork through the lanes and surprising explosion. He does remind me a lot of Ryan Grant. On another note, horrible injury for Kay Jay Harris tonight. I was not that impressed with him, and I doubt we would've stuck with the team, but you hate to see an injury like that happen to a guy fighting for a shot. My fiancee met him and he showed off the SB ring. She said he was a very nice guy. He showed up at her work (she works at the same company as his girlfriend).

Hixon was awesome. What a great game for him, I think he sealed a roster spot with that performance.

Dockery got bitched out by the one WR on the long TD, I think he's still on the team because of the Int for a TD against the Vikings his rookie year, I haven't seen much else from him.

I think Hixon was already going to make the team because of ST. He was a good returner last year and as long as he was a decent WR he was in. That end zone TD grab should be all the convincing he needed to do.

Dockery made the proper play and got the pick but just couldn't hold on and was unlucky. The WR just got extremely lucky on that one.

I've never seen us this deep at WR before...all the guys deserve a roster spot somewhere, except maybe Michael Jennings, he's pretty much garbage.

What was the injury to Kayjay Harris? Ankle or knee or broken leg or what? I don't recall them saying but it looked nasty.

Remember when all you guys got pissed when we released Anthony Mix for Hixon and I said not to worry. Now do you guys believe me? When will you guys begin to realize that I'm the voice of reasoning?

We won't doubt you ever again, Nem.

That Mario guy, Somethingham, looked pretty good, too.