SportsWrath

Strahan to retire

BlueInCanada

how the hell can you not come back to the best Giants team he's ever been a part of and try to defend the title? He's retiring with gas left in the tank, how sad.

My guess is he found something in broadcasting where he's not risking serious injury anymore.

how the hell can you not come back to the best Giants team he's ever been a part of and try to defend the title? He's retiring with gas left in the tank, how sad.

I thought you were going to say you were glad he was leaving because he is an old player.

He retired with he and his team on top, just like John Elway. You can't ask for more from

him. He retired on his own terms too, he went into the season as one of the best pass rushers

in the league (best two defensive end I've ever seen) and left the same way.

Today is one of those days that make you reflect on your age. I was a freshman in college when he was our 2nd round (first pick for the team we used our 1st rounder on Dave Brown in the 92 supp draft) in 1993. I saw every game he has has played and next to LT he was the best Giant defensive player I have seen. And thats some pretty good company. Best wishes Mike.

These are my thoughts almost exactly. Im just a couple of years older than you apparently, but everything else is almost exact. Besides LT, the BEST defensive player in Giants history. :clap::clap::clap:

I will never forget this day, as I have never forgotten all the memories he has brought us fans. Here's to a wonderful rest of your life Mr. Strahan. :worshippy:

Maybe Mike could run on stage and tackle him halfway through his acceptance speech?

Hopefully Mike replaces either Dion Sanders or Keyshawn Johnson as a commentator. I hope he finally gets to nail Pam Oliver too. :TU:

no no no.............Keyshawn is great, Emmitt Smith has to go off of ESPN's pregame he is the worst analyst ever put on t.v. he says things like, "He deserve to be coach of the year."(talking about Wade Phillips LOL). By the way look it up on Google or something they are pages of Emmitt quotes that are hilarious.

Strahan was great, even though Favre gets a 24/7 tribute on ESPN and Strahan is just a sidenote kinda hopin Favre does come back for he doesn't steal Strahans glory at the H.O.F, But as a Giant he was one of our best will be missed but, The Justin Tuck era has begun so i am happy to look towards the future.

no no no.............Keyshawn is great, Emmitt Smith has to go off of ESPN's pregame he is the worst analyst ever put on t.v. he says things like, "He deserve to be coach of the year."(talking about Wade Phillips LOL). By the way look it up on Google or something they are pages of Emmitt quotes that are hilarious.

"Keyshawn is great"? Oh dear. Every time he opens his mouth I wonder if he ever actually played the game. The guy brings zero to a conversation. My money is that now Parcells is out of the game his little buddy Keyshawn won't be there either.

Emmitt is no great scholar I agree, but Keyshawn can only recite tired sports cliches and hope they're relevent to the topic at hand.

He retired with he and his team on top, just like John Elway. You can't ask for more from

him. He retired on his own terms too, he went into the season as one of the best pass rushers

in the league (best two defensive end I've ever seen) and left the same way.

He could have kept playing and got our team to the top again.

He could have kept playing and got our team to the top again.

Sure he could have, but he didn't want too. I don't see the huge problem

here, the Giants have two guys that are more than capable to take his spot

on the field. Only place where they will miss Strahan is in the locker room,

it's Eli's team now.

"Keyshawn is great"? Oh dear. Every time he opens his mouth I wonder if he ever actually played the game. The guy brings zero to a conversation. My money is that now Parcells is out of the game his little buddy Keyshawn won't be there either.

Emmitt is no great scholar I agree, but Keyshawn can only recite tired sports cliches and hope they're relevent to the topic at hand.

A lot of the guys still playing are like that too. It's amazing how dumb a lot of these guys either are or make themselves look. Do they watch their interviews and when it's over go, "Damn I'm good." If they do they are kidding themselves.

Sure he could have, but he didn't want too. I don't see the huge problem

here, the Giants have two guys that are more than capable to take his spot

on the field. Only place where they will miss Strahan is in the locker room,

it's Eli's team now.

It's totally dissapointing. I was definitely expecting him to play at least one more season, quite possible two more. He's going out on top, ya, and words can't even describe how much he will be missed(not to mention what he's meant to this team), but our pass rush is going to take a definite hit this year. Renaldo Wynn is no Justin Tuck and won't be able to rotate in and be a force to be reckoned with like what we could do when Strahan started. It's totally a let down and will be a hit to team morale.

To put into perspective how long Strahan played he is the only Giant to have played with the franchises 2 Super Bowl Mvp winning quarterbacks.

I am happy for him and I look for some new leaders to emerge on the team and think Tuck is more than able to play his position. Although I heard Reese say on WFAN today that Osi will move to RDE and Tuck will be inserted as the LDE and that the ALL DE's package will remain intact with Kiwi and Wynn and Tollefson(whom the coaches love in that reserve role).

The question now is what night will be Michael Strahan night at Giants Stadium? I think it would only be appropriate for it to be against Philly, as he owned that team more than any other from a statistical standpoint. It will be cool to see Donovan and Runyan cheering for Strahan and probably because they will be thankful they do not have to face him anymore.

It will be cool to see Donovan and Runyan cheering for Strahan and probably because they will be thankful they do not have to face him anymore.

One of my E-girls friends just emailed me talking about how happy Runyan must be to not have to face Strahan twice a year anymore.

I wrote back to him, "If he had a hard time with Strahan... wait until he gets a load of Justin Tuck."

Usually when the greatest defensive player of the last decade on your team retires, you're a little nervous. We're all excited, lol. Good job, Reese and Ernie! :TU:

Usually when the greatest defensive player of the last decade on your team retires, you're a little nervous. We're all excited, lol. Good job, Reese and Ernie! :TU:

not all, color me a little nervous. we just got much more susceptible to sweeps and screens.

My favorite memories of Strah are a number of games while we still were only so-so, he could be a major force (and was) in many a' competition.

It was fun watching him best one tackle after another. The team wasn't good, but he was still totally full of energy and enthusiasm, so it was fun to watch.

They should retire that number and Carsons. These are standout players; so was Phil and I don't believe he went to the pro bowl times.

My favorite is the pick 6 to win the game against philly on halloween a while back. That was awesome.

I hope he doesn't sign with FOX and do the same job as Siragusa does.

To put into perspective how long Strahan played he is the only Giant to have played with the franchises 2 Super Bowl Mvp winning quarterbacks.

I am happy for him and I look for some new leaders to emerge on the team and think Tuck is more than able to play his position. Although I heard Reese say on WFAN today that Osi will move to RDE and Tuck will be inserted as the LDE and that the ALL DE's package will remain intact with Kiwi and Wynn and Tollefson(whom the coaches love in that reserve role).

The question now is what night will be Michael Strahan night at Giants Stadium? I think it would only be appropriate for it to be against Philly, as he owned that team more than any other from a statistical standpoint. It will be cool to see Donovan and Runyan cheering for Strahan and probably because they will be thankful they do not have to face him anymore.

Why not opening night? I know it'd be a little overshadowed by the ceremonies but him running with the team in the first game of its title defense but it would still be really cool.

not all, color me a little nervous. we just got much more susceptible to sweeps and screens.

I'm definitely a little nervous as well....does Kiwanuka now stay at LB or does he move back down and rotate with Tuck and Osi...? I'm liking the Danny Clark signing quite a bit more now...

Strahan is going to be a big loss defending the run. He went from being poor at it, to it being a huge strength. Strahan was the main reason why Marion Barber/Grant got slowed down in the playoffs.

This is a huge loss in every way.

Strahan will be missed, he was easily one of the best DEs to play the run in the game and he could still rush the QB like no one else. I think we can never really replace a Strahan, he had leadership and the skill to be one of the best to play at his position. Tuck will never fill his shoes, but in all honesty he doesnt have to. This will be a huge hit to our defense and teams can now not have to focus on his side of the line and command the double or even triple teams.

Like I said we won't be able to replace Strahan but Tuck will be able to step in and make a name for himself. Will he be great like Strahan? Probably not, but he will hold that line along with Osi.