SportsWrath

Strahan to retire

BlueInCanada

Somewhere, Steve McNair is pissed because any slight chance he had to make the HOF just got busted.

Farve, Strahan and Sapp all in the one class.

Kind of ironic because didn't these three guys have a little battle going? I think I remember Strahan and Sapp having a little exchange at one time about sacks. Well actually Sapp ran his mouth a lot so he probably had a lot of war of words with many players.

It sucks that he is retiring but like Tiki I am sure he wants to retire while he is still healthy and not be forced by a career ending injury. Also going out on top is the best way of all and there is no guarantee of even the playoffs this year.

It's sad to see him go, but he went out as a winner, and helped deliver the Giants a 3rd Lombardi Trophy.

And thankfully, he leaves the Giants with a great defensive corps that can carry the torch.

Strahan is most defintely the second greatest defensive player in Giants history (Next to LT of course) I still think we'd be a better team heading into this season with him. I'm interested in seeing how will Tuck and Osi stop the run. I'll miss "Big ol' Michael Strahan" probably the Greatest Giant I ever really see play.

A lot of the guys still playing are like that too. It's amazing how dumb a lot of these guys either are or make themselves look. Do they watch their interviews and when it's over go, "Damn I'm good." If they do they are kidding themselves.

If they're playing it's one thing: I expect them to be athletes not public speakers/football analysists. If you're payed to be a comentator on the other hand...

how the hell can you not come back to the best Giants team he's ever been a part of and try to defend the title? He's retiring with gas left in the tank, how sad.

Because if he hasn't got the fire left, the desire to play, the best thing he can do for the team is move aside. Much, much better than just hanging around for pay day.

Somewhere, Steve McNair is pissed because any slight chance he had to make the HOF just got busted.

Farve, Strahan and Sapp all in the one class.

i dont think mcnair was a first ballot HOFer anyway.

nearly 100 sacks and a SB for a DT is incredible. i think he is. i think strahan gets in above him but sapp was unbelievable in his day.

I think of the class mentioned, Sapp is the bottom of the list. Although his #'s for a DT are pretty impressive. But I could never stand Sapp. One of the funniest things I read, was an interview with him right after his SB win with Tampa. He was asked how he felt about winning a much coveted SB. He answered, "its the greatest thing, I never take my ring off.....ever." Then the reporter said, where is your ring right now? And Sapp answered.......................................

"In my truck." :confused::unsure:

I think of the class mentioned, Sapp is the bottom of the list. Although his #'s for a DT are pretty impressive. But I could never stand Sapp. One of the funniest things I read, was an interview with him right after his SB win with Tampa. He was asked how he felt about winning a much coveted SB. He answered, "its the greatest thing, I never take my ring off.....ever." Then the reporter said, where is your ring right now? And Sapp answered.......................................

"In my truck." :confused::unsure:

my guess is he didnt understand the question.

my guess is he didn't understand the question.

That makes it even funnier then, if his dumbass cant even understand a simple question like that. And the point was, if you never, EVER take it off, whats it doing in your truck? :rolleyes:

I was glad to hear during his speech that he acknowledged Hamilton and Armstead, because trust me, he might have left long ago or not have had the career he had, had he not played alongside them earlier in his career.

It's scary to think what we could have been like if this team had a hamilton up the middle and Jessie at outside linebacker.