SportsWrath

Giant fans are

Lughead

Boston Herald Says Patriots Fans Are 'Smarter, Classier' Than Giants Fans

Posted Jan 25th 2008 4:51PM by Ryan Wilson

Filed under: NY Giants, Patriots, NFL Fans, Super Bowl

pats-fans-012508.jpg

This is unexpected: the Boston Herald's Jessica Heslam says that New England Patriots fans "are smarter, classier and healthier and own pricier homes than the riff-raff who root for the New York Giants." Heslam even has the numbers to back it up, courtesy of the Nielsen folks. I'm guessing she didn't do any research when she came to this conclusion, though:

When Pats revelers aren't watching football, they're hitting the slopes skiing or going for a sail. They're also more likely to belong to country clubs.

When Giants fans aren't booing Giants coach Tom Coughlin or punk quarterback Eli Manning in that New Jersey stadium they call home, they're out practicing their tennis backhands in the backyard.

That should go over well with Giants fans. Oddly, Heslam didn't have any numbers on how many New Englanders regularly cheat at their jobs compared to their New York counterparts. Obviously, Heslam wrote this with tongue firmly planted in cheek, and the fact that it's the Herald and not the Boston Globe is another reason we really shouldn't take here seriously (just in case you needed one).

I suspect Heslam will get a lot of nasty e-mails from New Yorkers, and given how every comment, no matter how innocuous, automatically qualifies as bulletin-board material, I wouldn't be surprised to see this show up in the Giants locker room. Yep, it's the week before the Super Bowl.

how thick is you skin?

this isn't "the Giants suck"

this is Giant fans are low lifes

you know us, all of you and me

:LMAO: I knew before I even opened this this thread it was gonna be a Boston Herald link. Boston Herald are the biggest bunch of bitches ever. They are the ones that fudged Osi's interview to make it look like he was talking a gang of shit. Anything BH prints is complete bullshit. Just like the Cheatriots.

Fucking shit. I knew this shit would turn into Boston v. New York. At least there are some faces in Yankee stadium similar to mine. At least the Giants never had bandwagon fans and probably never will. At least my city is the economic capital of the world with two Ivy league colleges.

how thick is you skin?

this isn't "the Giants suck"

this is Giant fans are low lifes

you know us, all of you and me

My theory is this: Whatever a man/woman says about you good or bad is a reflection of who they are not who you are. I, as a Giant fan and a New Yorker shall take the high road.

“Bostonians, in general, are better educated,” Schuster added. “New Yorkers have to send their kids to Boston to educate them.”

Um, I may have this wrong. But if New Yorkers are educated in Boston, and New Yorkers are dumber. Is this really saying a good thing about the educational system in Boston?

We are likely to read connoisseur magazines like Wine Spectator.

its funny, the writer talked about drinking beer, not wine. but they read Wine Spectator.

I suppose this Wine Spectator is for people who sit around watching the sport of wine drinking.

Someone should tell this educated Bostonian that usually when you have a large percentage of women in your fanbase, it's because they have hopped on the bandwagon because either they adore the star quarterback and want to sack him, or are just falling in line because women love pop culture and right now the Pats are the rockstars of the NFL. I remember girls swearing they liked the Dolphins in the 80s (Dan Marino), and in the 90s it was the Cowboys (Aikman, 3 Super Bowls, most popular team). Are these really fans you should be proud to call your own? I guarantee you the percentage of women who called themselves Pats fans was much lower 10 years ago.

No disrespect to any women here who are real football fans. :)

Someone should tell this educated Bostonian that usually when you have a large percentage of women in your fanbase, it's because they have hopped on the bandwagon because either they adore the star quarterback and want to sack him, or are just falling in line because women love pop culture and right now the Pats are the rockstars of the NFL. I remember girls swearing they liked the Dolphins in the 80s (Dan Marino), and in the 90s it was the Cowboys (Aikman, 3 Super Bowls, most popular team). Are these really fans you should be proud to call your own? I guarantee you the percentage of women who called themselves Pats fans was much lower 10 years ago.

No disrespect to any women here who are real football fans. :)

Did Eli really say that to Strahan??

what's funny to the dog all the people who responded successfully made her points look very valid with how they responded...played right into her hands. exactly what she was hoping for. well played...well played indeed...

My first day at work at AT&T (long since left) we were given the following advice, "Never write something in an email you wouldn't want published on the front page on the New York Times."

bugmenot has disposable emails good for 24 hours I believe

what's funny to the dog all the people who responded successfully made her points look very valid with how they responded...played right into her hands. exactly what she was hoping for. well played...well played indeed...

Evidently the dog didn't see my response.

As far as responding.. period, this is a message board.. a chat forum, if you will...

Evidently the dog didn't see my response.

As far as responding.. period, this is a message board.. a chat forum, if you will...

the dog was referring to the responses on the link that was left above...where all the ny fans (the dog aplogizes for this next part golfin, but it is true...) predictably wrote in nasty, classless responses that fed the proverbial monkey...exactly what she would hope for...

the dog was referring to the responses on the link that was left above...where all the ny fans (the dog aplogizes for this next part golfin, but it is true...) predictably wrote in nasty, classless responses that fed the proverbial monkey...exactly what she would hope for...

None taken Dog, I know the 4 words I wrote were wrong and will learn

from it, can't do much.

This just sounds like carry over resentment between Boston and New York over their baseball teams. Truth is, the Giants are steeped in tradition, one of the great teams of the NFC. Heck, the Patriots weren't even a gleam in their pappy's eye until almost 1960. They're newbies for all practical accounts....hence the lack of previous rivalry.

Regardless....I know a lot of Pats fans from the Boston area and none of them sail and very few ski. Most are of Irish decent and pretty much evenly split their time between a mundane day job and a bar stool at night. Nothing wrong with that, but to try and paint them as that college boy named "Biff", who wears a light blue sweater tied around his neck by it's arms is quite a stretch of the imagination. Besides, football is not a game for sissy men who drink tea with their pinky up and Chardoney at night. Real football fans eat raw meat, chug dark beer, and piss on sissy men.

But who cares? Truth is....the only reason they have a decent team at all is because they've been built by past Giants coaches and players (ala, Parcells, Bellichek...hell, even their defensive line coach is ex-Giants great, Pepper Johnson)