SportsWrath

Giant fans are

Lughead

One observation from living in South Eastern CT.. and having met quite a few Bostonians... and Rhode Islanders... God they want to be New Yorkers. They try to act and drive the same.... but it's not the same... it's not.

This just sounds like carry over resentment between Boston and New York over their baseball teams. Truth is, the Giants are steeped in tradition, one of the great teams of the NFC. Heck, the Patriots weren't even a gleam in their pappy's eye until almost 1960. They're newbies for all practical accounts....hence the lack of previous rivalry.

Not to mention that the two teams have only played each other 8 times. (Pats 5-3) Eight regular season game in 50 years doesn't make much of a rivalary. Although I think a budding one was formed for the game in which Parcels coached the Patriots against the Giants. (Pats won 23-22, 1996)

The Jets-Pat rivalry is very much alive, (recently turned quite bitter) and I think there is some spill over from that too.

Not to mention that the two teams have only played each other 8 times. (Pats 5-3) Eight regular season game in 50 years doesn't make much of a rivalary. Although I think a budding one was formed for the game in which Parcels coached the Patriots against the Giants. (Pats won 23-22, 1996)

The Jets-Pat rivalry is very much alive, (recently turned quite bitter) and I think there is some spill over from that too.

I wouldn't call it a rivalry, like you mention, we've only played a handfull of times./ That said, with this years regular season game and now the super bowl, it has the makings of a good rivalry if the NFL will schedule a regular season game from now on like the Colts. That of course depends on the Giants being an annual contender. be a pretty boring rivalry with us finishing 7-9/8-8 and the Pats 12-4 or better.

I wouldn't call it a rivalry, like you mention, we've only played a handfull of times./ That said, with this years regular season game and now the super bowl, it has the makings of a good rivalry if the NFL will schedule a regular season game from now on like the Colts. That of course depends on the Giants being an annual contender. be a pretty boring rivalry with us finishing 7-9/8-8 and the Pats 12-4 or better.

That would only work if we were in the same conference. Because of the way the schedules are set up we will only play New England once every four years unless (like this year) we meet in the Super Bowl. It'd be nice tho.

The '72 Dolphins players are like that guy from your high school you see twenty years after graduation and he's still wearing his "League Champions" varsity jacket, bragging about a touchdown he scored against the rival high school.

Al Bundy :P

what's funny to the dog all the people who responded successfully made her points look very valid with how they responded...played right into her hands. exactly what she was hoping for. well played...well played indeed...

She was hoping for a handful of posters on Sportswrath to lash out? :unsure:

She was hoping for a handful of posters on Sportswrath to lash out? :unsure:

hmmm, you need some assistance...journalist's goal is to sell papers...she writes this article, predictibly new york fans come out and write classless responses that she can now print in a blog and generate more talk about her article, which in turn generates more talk about the paper...the dog gathers she probably cares little about the giants and patriots, and more about creating a buzz...guess what, everyone reacts and writes those type of responses, she chooses the one's that are most insulting...prints them, and everyone gets to read first hand what "classless" individuals giant fans are...this is what she wanted...

hmmm, you need some assistance...journalist's goal is to sell papers...she writes this article, predictibly new york fans come out and write classless responses that she can now print in a blog and generate more talk about her article, which in turn generates more talk about the paper...the dog gathers she probably cares little about the giants and patriots, and more about creating a buzz...guess what, everyone reacts and writes those type of responses, she chooses the one's that are most insulting...prints them, and everyone gets to read first hand what "classless" individuals giant fans are...this is what she wanted...

That was very insightful, thanks. Now I know that it is a journalist's job to sell their stories, something I did not know 2 minutes ago.

No she was hoping for dumb emails so she could write the follow up piece.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/news/mes...reach-new-lows/

one of the Sportswrath bloggers participated.

OK, I still dont understand what she accomplished. :huh:

The dumass writes a ridiculous article, NYers tell what a dumb bitch she is........whats the problem?

OK, I still dont understand what she accomplished. :huh:

The dumass writes a ridiculous article, NYers tell what a dumb bitch she is........whats the problem?

According to the dog, she accomplished painting NY fans with a broad brush as classless. If this is the case, it's a pretty classless move. I thought they were educated up there...

According to the dog, she accomplished painting NY fans with a broad brush as classless. If this is the case, it's a pretty classless move. I thought they were educated up there...

The Herald although not nearly as bad as the Post, but sometimes forgets its job is to REPORT the news not CREATE the news.

When Patriots fans want to poke fun of the New York media we link to a dumb ass story in the Post, when New Yorks want to make fun of the Boston media you link to a dumb ass story in the Herald.

If you want decent Boston sport journalism try the Globe.

The Herald although not nearly as bad as the Post, but sometimes forgets its job is to REPORT the news not CREATE the news.

When Patriots fans want to poke fun of the New York media we link to a dumb ass story in the Post, when New Yorks want to make fun of the Boston media you link to a dumb ass story in the Herald.

If you want decent Boston sport journalism try the Globe.

The Post doesn't even call them the Patriots. They are the *s

Fuck Boston, the entire state of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine and any other fucker from Connecticut that claims they are part of this armpit of America.

Let me tell you something about football fans in New England. 1990, junior year of high school, the eventual Super Bowl champs visit Foxborough to take on the 1-15 Patriots in a late season game, coached by the immortal Dick McPherson of the Pats. Myself and a few other dudes decide to take a roadtrip to the game. The stadium was half full and half the people there were Giants fans. No one in that god for saking town gave a rats ass about football until 1993 when Parcells(hey where did he come from?) got there and no one gave a rats ass again about football until Belichick(where is he from?) got them their titles.

No matter what you say about the Giants fans, we sell out every game. That game on that 1990 day was blacked out in New England.

Fuck Boston, the entire state of Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine and any other fucker from Connecticut that claims they are part of this armpit of America.

Let me tell you something about football fans in New England. 1990, junior year of high school, the eventual Super Bowl champs visit Foxborough to take on the 1-15 Patriots in a late season game, coached by the immortal Dick McPherson of the Pats. Myself and a few other dudes decide to take a roadtrip to the game. The stadium was half full and half the people there were Giants fans. No one in that god for saking town gave a rats ass about football until 1993 when Parcells(hey where did he come from?) got there and no one gave a rats ass again about football until Belichick(where is he from?) got them their titles.

No matter what you say about the Giants fans, we sell out every game. That game on that 1990 day was blacked out in New England.

Yeah, this may earn them the title of BANDWAGON KINGS. Taking the title from Dallas.

Such an excellent post.

Reminds me of the Los Angeles papers lamenting the loss of their Rams 12 years ago when they skipped town and moved to St. Louis. The paper pointed out how the L.A.Rams fans hadn't sold out the stadium for years....yet the New York Giants sold out the stadium game after game, year after year, even when they had very poor or hideous records. To top it off, fans of New York had 2 home teams in which to split the fan base. The huge city of Los Angeles couldn't even support 1 team.

I remember smirking as I thought how proud I was to be a Giants fan. Dallas can run paid advertisement to claim being "America's Team" (gag), but there is no team in the world with a more loyal fan base (however, no offense to a few teams as I must tip my hat Bears, Packers, Browns, and Steelers fans for similar loyalty). New England fans do NOT impress me one bit.

wow, do you mean to tell the dog that a team in the midst of a 1-15 season played at home in front of a stadium that had a good representation of fans from the visiting team in the midst of a good season that is in the same geographical region?? you cannot be serious...

wow, do you mean to tell the dog that a team in the midst of a 1-15 season played at home in front of a stadium that had a good representation of fans from the visiting team in the midst of a good season that is in the same geographical region?? you cannot be serious...

Real fans stick with their team through and through. I went to the Giants season

finale in 2003 when they went 4 and 12. I go because I care about the Giants and they

are my team.

Real fans stick with their team through and through. I went to the Giants season

finale in 2003 when they went 4 and 12. I go because I care about the Giants and they

are my team.

He doesnt understand that golfin, he's too much of a coward to even say who his team is. :rolleyes: