SportsWrath

If Kurt Warner is our QB today...

osi724dasack

Yeah only a fool would say he's not better than Eli right now. If you think that's what I'm saying you're mistaken. In fact if you read the whole thread you'll see where I suggest Ben as a better topic than Warner in this threads context.

All I'm saying is when the game is put on his shoulders, as it is on Eli's time and again, Ben falters more often than not as well.

You think any defense does not have us figured out? We have to be one of the MOST predictible offenses in this league. Pass on first, run on 2nd, pass on 3rd, punt on fourth.

When in shotgun, be sure to run a draw 3 out of 5 plays. That's our offense in a nutshell and everyone knows it.

Well, it was obvious in last week's game that the coaching staff no longer has enough faith in Eli to put the game on his shoulders, but at some point, the team is going to need him to do so. Do you think he's up to the task?

Well, it was obvious in last week's game that the coaching staff no longer has enough faith in Eli to put the game on his shoulders, but at some point, the team is going to need him to do so. Do you think he's up to the task?

You're right. He should have passed 52 times last week under those conditions...oh, wait...

Seriously, this is stupid. If they passed as much as they did the week before, don't you think Gilbride would have had his ass on a pike right now?

You're right. He should have passed 52 times last week under those conditions...oh, wait...

Seriously, this is stupid. If they passed as much as they did the week before, don't you think Gilbride would have had his ass on a pike right now?

I was referring more to the numerous times they elected to run on 3rd down than to the number of passes thrown, so no, it's not stupid.

I was referring more to the numerous times they elected to run on 3rd down than to the number of passes thrown, so no, it's not stupid.

Should be a no brainer when you're getting 6.1 ypc.

Ofcourse I thought the same when we were getting 5ypc vs washington.

Should be a no brainer when you're getting 6.1 ypc.

Ofcourse I thought the same when we were getting 5ypc vs washington.

SHOULD BE, but this is the Giants we are talking about. The same Giants who many here complain about not calling the right plays, and relying too much on Eli. I doubt they decided to change things up because they were running the ball well, because they usually run the ball well every game. It was clear that the coaching staff did not want to put the game in Eli's hands in critical moments, in a game they needed to win. We can only hope that Eli has gained much needed confidence in himself after the Pats game, because at some point, he is going to have to make things happen.

SHOULD BE, but this is the Giants we are talking about. The same Giants who many here complain about not calling the right plays, and relying too much on Eli. I doubt they decided to change things up because they were running the ball well, because they usually run the ball well every game. It was clear that the coaching staff did not want to put the game in Eli's hands in critical moments, in a game they needed to win. We can only hope that Eli has gained much needed confidence in himself after the Pats game, because at some point, he is going to have to make things happen.

First, let me apologize if it sounded like I was calling you stupid in my earlier post. Not what I meant, and I just want to set that straight. So if you took it that way, I am sorry.

I don't think this shows a loss of confidence at all...just FINALLY a recognition that, just maybe, when the weather conditions favor running rather than passing AND you're running game is working, perhaps running on 3rd down isn't such a bad idea.

The real stupidity is that it took over a game for this simple concept to sink in, and I find that frustrating.

First, let me apologize if it sounded like I was calling you stupid in my earlier post. Not what I meant, and I just want to set that straight. So if you took it that way, I am sorry.

I don't think this shows a loss of confidence at all...just FINALLY a recognition that, just maybe, when the weather conditions favor running rather than passing AND you're running game is working, perhaps running on 3rd down isn't such a bad idea.

The real stupidity is that it took over a game for this simple concept to sink in, and I find that frustrating.

I took no offense to what you said, and there was no need to apologize, but I do appreciate it.

I truly believe the coaching staff did not want to put that Buffalo game in Eli's hands after the way he was playing in prior weeks.

I took no offense to what you said, and there was no need to apologize, but I do appreciate it.

I truly believe the coaching staff did not want to put that Buffalo game in Eli's hands after the way he was playing in prior weeks.

They didnt seem to mind putting it on his shoulder's against the pats. In which he had his best game of the season.

They didnt seem to mind putting it on his shoulder's against the pats. In which he had his best game of the season.

You're right, but what did the Giants have to lose against NE? Nothing. It was an exhibition game for them and they went all out. It worked out perfectly for Eli as he probably got a much needed boost of confidence.

You're right, but what did the Giants have to lose against NE? Nothing. It was an exhibition game for them and they went all out. It worked out perfectly for Eli as he probably got a much needed boost of confidence.

If it wasn't for Eli today, the season would be over. He was largely responsible for todays playoff win and there was a lot on the line today.

He plays 95% of his games in perfect to near perfect conditions....no cold let alone even a hint of wind.

C. Wagon

Exactly. Here in AZ(where its only summer and spring :rolleyes: ), SF, Seattle(OK, some rain there) and St Louis, plus the guy didnt play the whole season.

• 4 weeks later...