SportsWrath

If Kurt Warner is our QB today...

osi724dasack

Busts don't go to the playoffs 3 years in a row.

And if you think otherwise then your an idiot.

dude he fucking sucks...he has more INT's than TD's...

his qb rating is 70..that sucks

we are in the playoffs because of our ground game, defense, and Plaxico's 10 TD's

dude he fucking sucks...he has more INT's than TD's...

his qb rating is 70..that sucks

we are in the playoffs because of our ground game, defense, and Plaxico's 10 TD's

So who threw the TDs to Plax? **Burress back to pass.....Burress goes deep...TOUCHDOWN, Burress to Burress**

...the last point isn't a valid point to say Eli sucks. Let me help out here. For example, to say Eli sucks, you should say: Eli sucks because he throws too much into triple coverage, his red zone passing accuracy is terrible, or he 'hones' in on one reciever therfore the safety can adjust for the INT, or Eli has been known to throw off the wrong foot....

(By the way Warner has those same problems. AND he's on a losing team. Warner sucked for NY because he held on to the ball too long.....)

So who threw the TDs to Plax? **Burress back to pass.....Burress goes deep...TOUCHDOWN, Burress to Burress**

...the last point isn't a valid point to say Eli sucks. Let me help out here. For example, to say Eli sucks, you should say: Eli sucks because he throws too much into triple coverage, his red zone passing accuracy is terrible, or he 'hones' in on one reciever therfore the safety can adjust for the INT, or Eli has been known to throw off the wrong foot....

(By the way Warner has those same problems. AND he's on a losing team. Warner sucked for NY because he held on to the ball too long.....)

I believe that up until this year, Eli didn't throw an interception in the red zone.

He threw 3 of them this year and two of them were tipped.

I believe that up until this year, Eli didn't throw an interception in the red zone.

I knew that... :) I was tryna help him out by giving him something to say besides "Dude, Eli sucks!"

Again, Eli is Eli...I've come to grips with that. But to say Warner would be better here???? Now Warner wasn't shit here in NYC and Warner wasn't young or healthy....why keep him here?

I knew that... :) I was tryna help him out by giving him something to say besides "Dude, Eli sucks!"

Again, Eli is Eli...I've come to grips with that. But to say Warner would be better here???? Now Warner wasn't shit here in NYC and Warner wasn't young or healthy....why keep him here?

I have a hard time saying anyone sucks in this league because well,

do you realize how good you have to be just to get looked at? I'd never

cut it one day in a training camp.

I have a hard time saying anyone sucks in this league because well,

do you realize how good you have to be just to get looked at? I'd never

cut it one day in a training camp.

I understand. But these doods are PRO's or these doods were raised all their lives to be QBs. Every level that a young QB "promotes" to, his game MUST improve at the next level. So I can say "Eli sucks" at times because his mechanics aren't the best and he hasn't really improved. It's possible that he has regressed. So what I am saying is he shouldn't be doing the same shit he did in college and each year in the NFL, he should be improvng on reads, accuracy, check down passes, pocket awareness.... Eli should feel the rush better and learn to take off sometimes. Instead of holding the ball and trying to 'pass' as his arm is being hit. That is so common with him, getting hit and losing the ball while tryna throw. Or snap exchange! 5 bad snaps???? In one game? Center/QB exchange at the PRO level should never be that sloppy. Once I could see, but 5 times???? I mean comon! Whatever happen to...during the pregame warmup...Eli and the Center getting reps in?

Eli had plenty his rookie and sophmore years. I still remember fades to Shockey that were picked.

I'm amazed that this crap gets 180 views.

All because the topic has turned from a ridiculous notion that Warner woulda led this team to a Superbowl to Eli's struggles....of late.

If the subject would have stayed 'on course', this thread would be on page two by now.

Yep. 7-8 in the weakest division in the league translates to Superbowl elsewhere.

Lets not forget that Warner is more of a gunslinger QB. This team needs a caretaker QB to keep the offense moving. Eli would do perfectly fine for this team if they didn't try and win games by his arm. The Giants have always been a conservative ground-game team. This obsession with turning Eli into his brother has to stop, and the team needs to focus on grooming him to be the type of QB we need.

He's avg. 33 att per game. Same as Peyton. And he's surpassed that number in 22 games of his career.

Doesn't make much sense when you consider we've had a good running game his entire career.

In the Wash game, he'd hit the 40 att. mark before we were at the point where passing was a necessity.

You are right, he is averaging 33 attempts a game. My mistake.

But still, I think it speaks for how the fans really feel about Eli that they are asking for him to throw less.

Maybe he would be successful, but the stats don't show it.

Look at his qb rating over 4 years.

2004 21.1 atts/g 98.1 rating

2005 22 atts/g 98.6 rating

2006 31atts/g 75.4 rating

2007 27 atts/g 104 rating

In games with over 30 attempts Ben is 4-12.

Mistake: he is 6-12 in games over 30 attempts with a qb rating of 70.3

Misleading stats, because the Steelers were probably forced to throw because they were already losing those games.

Eli is average. And not accurate with his throws. So why the heck would you have him throw 27 times a game IF you have three good RBs? I mean as a coach in this league, you have to utilize the talent and put the TEAM in position to win!!! Not have a QB chuck up passes and he's not that accurate. Go to the shorter passing game, use play action, get the play off quicker and MOST of all,,,,,RUN THE FUCKING BALL!!

I agree, I'm just disputing the notion that Eli struggles because he throws too much.

Let's be honest, it's not the playcalling, but the quarterback's inablity to execute the plays, that has fans calling for a different scheme.

Misleading stats, because the Steelers were probably forced to throw because they were already losing those games.

Maybe so, but that doesn't explain how in those 18 games he threw around 26 TD's to 32 INT's and got a 70 qb rating.

There was nothing in college to suggest strongly that Ben was the better prospect than Eli. Again, if Pittsburgh had been able to draft Eli, they would have. It just hasn't worked out for us.

i don't know if that's true. are you saying if Pitt had # 3 pick, they would have sold the ranch for Eli over Ben? i doubt it.

Maybe so, but that doesn't explain how in those 18 games he threw around 26 TD's to 32 INT's and got a 70 qb rating.

When the defense knows you are going to pass, it's harder to do so. And maybe Ben had a few bad games during those 18 in which he was a contributor to the loss. He's still much better than Eli right now.

When the defense knows you are going to pass, it's harder to do so. And maybe Ben had a few bad games during those 18 in which he was a contributor to the loss. He's still much better than Eli right now.

Yeah only a fool would say he's not better than Eli right now. If you think that's what I'm saying you're mistaken. In fact if you read the whole thread you'll see where I suggest Ben as a better topic than Warner in this threads context.

All I'm saying is when the game is put on his shoulders, as it is on Eli's time and again, Ben falters more often than not as well.

You think any defense does not have us figured out? We have to be one of the MOST predictible offenses in this league. Pass on first, run on 2nd, pass on 3rd, punt on fourth.

When in shotgun, be sure to run a draw 3 out of 5 plays. That's our offense in a nutshell and everyone knows it.