SportsWrath

If Kurt Warner is our QB today...

osi724dasack

Imagine that wreck of a thumb tryng to throw passes and get a center snap exchange in the recent weather we have played in.

Warner actually is more careless with the football than ELI. I would like to have his Wr's though.

Well said. Amazing how some people want to point the finger solely at Eli. We know Eli hasn't been great but to over-simplify our problems and point the finger at him... that's a bit irresponsible. Our WR/TE haven't lived up to expectations. None of them has stood out.. none has made tough catches.. at least consistently.. yet it's always Eli's fault.

Well said. Amazing how some people want to point the finger solely at Eli. We know Eli hasn't been great but to over-simplify our problems and point the finger at him... that's a bit irresponsible. Our WR/TE haven't lived up to expectations. None of them has stood out.. none has made tough catches.. at least consistently.. yet it's always Eli's fault.

Toomer has made PLENTY of tough catches in Eli's career for Eli. As a matter of fact Toomer has been just about the only reciever making tough catches. See Denver (twice), see this year vs Chicago, see the Buffalo game....Toomer 5 for 99, Eli completed 5 out of 7 passes to Toomer.

...but when will we face it. Eli is Eli....not accurate, not a gunslinger, and definitely not a Giants Stadium QB a la Simms. And Eli has thrown some INTs that make me shake my head and say "What did he see that made him throw that pass?" Face it a tall Plax and incredible catches by Toomer has helped Eli be a little accurate.

Warner the QB for these Giants today???? OSI4THESACK....cut the bullshit!

Oh do not read me wrong, you cannot hide from the suckiness that ELI Manning has exhibited, particularly when the weather gets colder, but Kurt Warner would be no better and probably worse.

I think when talking about Qb's we would rather have we have to look no further than the 2004 draft at this point. That QB is Roethlisberger. He is fiery, plays well in all weather conditions and seems to be what NY would want in a QB. After 4 years I can now say, Ben was the man we should have taken.

Oh do not read me wrong, you cannot hide from the suckiness that ELI Manning has exhibited, particularly when the weather gets colder, but Kurt Warner would be no better and probably worse.

I think when talking about Qb's we would rather have we have to look no further than the 2004 draft at this point. That QB is Roethlisberger. He is fiery, plays well in all weather conditions and seems to be what NY would want in a QB. After 4 years I can now say, Ben was the man we should have taken.

I agree. People point out that Ben is helped significantly by a strong running game (as if Eli isn't) and is not relied upon to be "the man", but he makes plays when he has to, and always seems to come up big, or at least has the confidence that he will step up when needed. He can do it with his arm, legs, and can you picture Eli making that tackle that Big Ben made in '05 to save Pittsburgh's season? He wouldn't even have attempted one.

I agree. People point out that Ben is helped significantly by a strong running game (as if Eli isn't) and is not relied upon to be "the man", but he makes plays when he has to, and always seems to come up big, or at least has the confidence that he will step up when needed. He can do it with his arm, legs, and can you picture Eli making that tackle that Big Ben made in '05 to save Pittsburgh's season? He wouldn't even have attempted one.

...and Benny can "do it" on a crotch-rocket too. That ONE thing we know for a fact....Eli wouldn't have crashed on a Motorcycle. Just kidding.

But, I am curious to know...IF the Giants had the same players but had a Big Ben....would Kevin Gilbride have Benny sling it up 45-50 times a game?

...and Benny can "do it" on a crotch-rocket too. That ONE thing we know for a fact....Eli wouldn't have crashed on a Motorcycle. Just kidding.

But, I am curious to know...IF the Giants had the same players but had a Big Ben....would Kevin Gilbride have Benny sling it up 45-50 times a game?

Eli had one game in which he passed 52 times, because they fell behind. This isn't the case every week.

In fact, Eli is averaging 27 attempts a game. That is probably alot closer to the league average than people want to admit.

Eli had one game in which he passed 52 times, because they fell behind. This isn't the case every week.

But side by side stats....Eli has more passing attempts. I was just curious would Gilbride run the same offense? I realize we have a Plax....the guy that 'stretches the field' and Shockey. Would Gilbride have Benny chucking up occasional bombs?

But side by side stats....Eli has more passing attempts. I was just curious would Gilbride run the same offense? I realize we have a Plax....the guy that 'stretches the field' and Shockey. Would Gilbride have Benny chucking up occasional bombs?

Don't know what Gilbride would do, but Ben has 13 more TDs, and 8 less INTs than Eli in 93 less attempts.

Side by side, this comparison isn't even close.

In fact, Eli is averaging 27 attempts a game. That is probably alot closer to the league average than people want to admit.

27 times is still too much. I'd much like it better if Eli threw for around 20 to 23

times a game and with half of the attempts play action passes, THE THING HE IS GOOD AT.

27 times is still too much. I'd much like it better if Eli threw for around 20 to 23

times a game and with half of the attempts play action passes, THE THING HE IS GOOD AT.

You are probably right, but Eli isn't playing badly because he is throwing too much. That seems to be the argument when people question the play calling.

He is an NFL quarterback, and blaming Hufnagel and now Gilbride for his bad play is just refusing to believe he is what he is.

You know... I don't get it. Why is it that "If Ben had to throw 30+ times a game, he'd have Eli's stats?" Nobody has said it here but I've seen it in a dozen other threads.

Maybe if he had to throw 30+ times a game... he'd be leading the league in passing. Could that be possible? Or will he automatically suck because he has to throw more passes?

There's no way we'll ever know, but I don't think there's any dispute anymore as to who the better QB is.

He's avg. 33 att per game. Same as Peyton. And he's surpassed that number in 22 games of his career.

Doesn't make much sense when you consider we've had a good running game his entire career.

In the Wash game, he'd hit the 40 att. mark before we were at the point where passing was a necessity.

I wasn't excusing Eli at all. I think by now we all realize Ben is the better QB.. but hindsight is 20/20.

You know... I don't get it. Why is it that "If Ben had to throw 30+ times a game, he'd have Eli's stats?" Nobody has said it here but I've seen it in a dozen other threads.

Maybe if he had to throw 30+ times a game... he'd be leading the league in passing. Could that be possible? Or will he automatically suck because he has to throw more passes?

There's no way we'll ever know, but I don't think there's any dispute anymore as to who the better QB is.

Maybe he would be successful, but the stats don't show it.

Look at his qb rating over 4 years.

2004 21.1 atts/g 98.1 rating

2005 22 atts/g 98.6 rating

2006 31atts/g 75.4 rating

2007 27 atts/g 104 rating

In games with over 30 attempts Ben is 4-12.

Mistake: he is 6-12 in games over 30 attempts with a qb rating of 70.3

Edited by nesta

You are probably right, but Eli isn't playing badly because he is throwing too much. That seems to be the argument when people question the play calling.

He is an NFL quarterback, and blaming Hufnagel and now Gilbride for his bad play is just refusing to believe he is what he is.

Eli is average. And not accurate with his throws. So why the heck would you have him throw 27 times a game IF you have three good RBs? I mean as a coach in this league, you have to utilize the talent and put the TEAM in position to win!!! Not have a QB chuck up passes and he's not that accurate. Go to the shorter passing game, use play action, get the play off quicker and MOST of all,,,,,RUN THE FUCKING BALL!!