SportsWrath

Cowboys, Roid abusers!

so-cal dub

The Dallas Morning News reports that the man who pleaded guilty on Tuesday to possession of steroids with intent to distribute has provided to federal investigators the names of former -- and current -- members of the Dallas Cowboys to whom he provided steroids.

David Jacobs, 35, pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate with prosecutors in identifying the persons to whom steroids were distributed.

It's an unusual move; usually, prosecutors start with the folks on the bottom of the operation and work upstream. In this case, however, the high profile of Jacobs' customers is prompting authorities to move in the other direction. Celebrities and other well-known people make for desirable targets of such prosecutions because the chilling effect is much more pronounced, due to the media coverage of the situation.

The names of the players in question have not yet been released publicly.

---link---

Please be Roy Williams please be Roy Williams please be Roy Wiliams...

Why do you say this? Cowboys haters should want Roy on the field. By the end of a four week suspension, one of the Cowboys backups may be playing better than Roy. There are days that I wish they could give him away.

You should be saying please be Marion Barber, please be Marion Barber...

Why do you say this? Cowboys haters should want Roy on the field. By the end of a four week suspension, one of the Cowboys backups may be playing better than Roy. There are days that I wish they could give him away.

nah not Barber but Ware.

Because I'm not a "Cowboy Hater". I do however think Roy Williams is not only over-rated but one of the dirtiest player in the league and I'd love to see him kicked out.

Much like Owens, who I respect as an athlete. I don't hate him because he's a threat, I hate him because he's an asshole.

Because I'm not a "Cowboy Hater". I do however think Roy Williams is not only over-rated but one of the dirtiest player in the league and I'd love to see him kicked out.

Much like Owens, who I respect as an athlete. I don't hate him because he's a threat, I hate him because he's an asshole.

Overrated, yes. Dirty, maybe. I don't know if he is dirty or if he is caught out of position so many times that he grabs what ever he can grab.

Overrated, yes. Dirty, maybe. I don't know if he is dirty or if he is caught out of position so many times that he grabs what ever he can grab.

Cheating is cheating Eggy, no matter the excuse. Lack of skill is no reason for risking a career-ending injury to an opponent.

It's a moot point anyway, the media doesn't care if football players use steroids, only high profile baseball players.

If Williams or Barber or some other high profile cowboy is found to have use steroids, he'll serve his 4 games and be back and any mention of that players steroid use in the future will be as a side note and/or and feel good story of how said player over came either a bad decision or addiction.

Barry Bonds, Sammy Sosa and Mark McGwire are the devil guys, not 300 lbs linebackers who can bench 600 pounds.

Do you think they would put a * by their record this season? Like Shula thinks they should do for the PATS and Spygate

No, because football has a long and storied history of steroids, and in some ways it's nostalgic for todays players to use them, so as the old ways don't die, ya know?

Baseball players didn't discover steroids till the 90's. So their just cheaters.

For all we know, the 72 Dolphins could have been on steroids. There were plenty of drugs going on back then.

If you ask some of the player from that era if they think if the 72 Dolphins used Steriods. Most of them would tell you Yes. The same goes for the steeler and Raiders. But you have to consider on whether they base their theory on fact or jealousy.

If you ask some of the player from that era if they think if the 72 Dolphins used Steriods. Most of them would tell you Yes. The same goes for the steeler and Raiders. But you have to consider on whether they base their theory on fact or jealousy.

I just read the book on Johnny Unitas ( :TU::TU: ), and he said they had bowls of steroids/pills in the trainers room of the Chargers. Now if the Chargers used them and they sucked, then what must the Dolphins been on, Steak and Whole milk?

I just read the book on Johnny Unitas ( :TU::TU: ), and he said they had bowls of steroids/pills in the trainers room of the Chargers. Now if the Chargers used them and they sucked, then what must the Dolphins been on, Steak and Whole milk?

Love :wub: