SportsWrath

NFL.com article on Giants Training Camp

Dragon

I loved to hear this:

Jacobs is the biggest back in the NFL and one of the fastest with 4.4 speed in the 40-yard dash at 260 pounds. But it was his hands, route running and ability to understand pass protections that were more advanced than people realize.

...and this:

But it's hard to argue how Shockey looked at practice. Here's a guy who was drafted as a 252-pound tight end that ran a 4.5 in the 40. Today, he's a 265-pound guy that runs 4.4.

...but this gave me goosebumps:

I asked Kiwanuka if the Strahan announcement meant his whole spring at linebacker was heading down the drain and he was going back to defensive end. He assured me the linebacker work will continue, and when you watch the new "fire-zone" defense, it sure looks interesting with Kiwanuka at linebacker.

What got me "excited" and gave me "goosebumps" was the article's conclusion that, despite some of the positive vibes, the team is an "8-8" team that, with some "luck" could be 9-7. Like I said months ago, if Eli improves dramatically, the Giants should edge out the Redskins for third place. Not bad for a little team from Jersey.

What got me "excited" and gave me "goosebumps" was the article's conclusion that, despite some of the positive vibes, the team is an "8-8" team that, with some "luck" could be 9-7. Like I said months ago, if Eli improves dramatically, the Giants should edge out the Redskins for third place. Not bad for a little team from Jersey.

That part killed the whole article. If that asshole got all those positive vibes from the Giants camp, then why the fuck is he thinking we'll be just as BAD as last year?

Don't be surprised if this team goes 10-6 this year. Keep in mind, last year, the Giants went 8-8 with the hardest schedule in the NFL and with 8 starters out of the line up.

Don't be surprised if this team goes 10-6 this year. Keep in mind, last year, the Giants went 8-8 with the hardest schedule in the NFL and with 8 starters out of the line up.

thats a good point. If Eli continues to grow and the guys stay on the field I see no reason why the Giants cant go 10-6

When you break your decade-long winless playoff streak then come back and talk trash. It ain't happening this year though.

When you break your decade-long winless playoff streak then come back and talk trash. It ain't happening this year though.

I'm not talking trash. I am merely highlighting an important aspect of the positive news article.

Someone needs to keep you Giants fans grounded around here. It will hurt less when Romo lights you up.

I'm not talking trash. I am merely highlighting an important aspect of the positive news article.

Someone needs to keep you Giants fans grounded around here. It will hurt less when Romo lights you up.

And you would know a lot about trying to keep things on the ground......

martin-grammatica-and-tony-romo.jpg

DO you get tired of this? I mean we get it. You are a Cowboy fan, you come here and pinch tits, piss off Giant fans, talk shit how the Cowboys will beat them every year(fail to show up until the Boys either beat them later on in the year or it gets long enough to be forgotten) and generally are here to annoy and provoke as opposed to discuss and debate.

It's getting old and in all honest I find it comical. That is allthoug comical.

Our schedule this year is pretty rough looking too, lets hope the injury bug picks another team this year.

DO you get tired of this? I mean we get it. You are a Cowboy fan, you come here and pinch tits, piss off Giant fans, talk shit how the Cowboys will beat them every year(fail to show up until the Boys either beat them later on in the year or it gets long enough to be forgotten) and generally are here to annoy and provoke as opposed to discuss and debate.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: BadEgg.

It's a good world over here. You should try it.

Then I wouldn't even have to read his posts when someone else quotes him.

I never get tired of talking to the fine Giants fans on the Sportswrath message board. However, you've got me all wrong. Most of my posts are grounded in fact, or related to commentary about the Giants.

For example, someone posted selected segments of a Pat Kirwin article and, as a concerned board member, I posted some of the portions that were absent. This way the board gets Pat's entire message. Don't thank me. I'm just trying to contribute.

If you feel provoked or annoyed by what I posted perhaps you should contact Pat Kirwin himself. I'm just the messenger. It's not like I said "Eli sucks" and left for six months.

But let me tell you this, xxi-xxv. I appreciate you directing this post to me and expressing your concerns and feelings. We are family here at Sportswrath and, like all families, communication is essential to peace and family harmony. And it is important that we keep these issues inside the family. I know that Nemisis would want it this way. Keep up the good work, xxi-xxv and remember -- if you need to talk, especially about such topics as why Michael Irvin belongs in the Hall of Fame, my door is always open!

..but this gave me goosebumps:

QUOTEI asked Kiwanuka if the Strahan announcement meant his whole spring at linebacker was heading down the drain and he was going back to defensive end. He assured me the linebacker work will continue, and when you watch the new "fire-zone" defense, it sure looks interesting with Kiwanuka at linebacker.

Dont get to goosebumpy there Tree Seubert burnt Kiwi for a TD in the "FIRE CALL"

July 31, 2007 -- ALBANY - As expected, Mathias Kiwanuka has struggled at his new strong side linebacker position, trying to keep up with Jeremy Shockey in pass coverage. Kiwanuka, though, did not anticipate being burned by guard Rich Seubert. "That's a tough one to swallow, but it happens, apparently," Kiwanuka said sheepishly. "It will not happen again."

The Giants did not practice yesterday but Kiwanuka was still smarting about what transpired in Sunday's afternoon session. Lining up for a field goal, holder Jeff Feagles put on a "Fire" call, which simulates a bad snap. Feagles took the ball, rolled to his right and fired a perfect pass to Seubert, who once played some tight end at Western Illinois. The burly Seubert went slightly airborne to make the catch, with Kiwanuka trailing.

"I think I got both feet off the ground," Seubert deadpanned. "I don't think [Kiwanuka] saw the ball. I guess I can jump a little higher than he can. They should honor me as a receiver now. Jeremy or me, there's no difference."

All I can say to this is........ :LMAO::LMAO:

Badegg, I'm not going to put you on ignore, if you stayed a little bit more serious it would be nice. But to utter the words "romo" and "lights up", in the same sentence, you might as well piss into the wind my friend. Your guy down took 4 years to make it and only did so when they ran out of options. Think about it, Bledsoe stunk up the joint but what if he hadn't played so bad, Romo wouldn't have been on the field at all. You can't be seriously putting that guy on that high a pedestal. At least give him one more year to prove he's not a fluke.