SportsWrath

Tiki to return?

BronxRik

Let the controversy begin.......

Just saw on Jerry Reese on "Point After", and he said there's a possibility Tiki may return. I'm not a stenographer, but I believe his actual words were "you never know with these guys today". Adam Shefter said it best during the analysis of the interview: "I won't believe it until I hear it from Tiki's mouth".

Anyone with NFL Network shoud check it out.

Just saw on Jerry Reese on "Point After", and he said there's a possibility Tiki may return. I'm not a stenographer, but I believe his actual words were "you never know with these guys today". Adam Shefter said it best during the analysis of the interview: "I won't believe it until I hear it from Tiki's mouth".

Great, our new GM is on denial. :doh:

Tiki isn't coming back. Although, I think he'll probably miss the game more than he thinks he will.

And for some reason I think we're going to hear mid-season about how much he misses the game.

08 comeback anyone? :LMAO:

Honestly, you guys should be more sucked in to the rumor that Willis McGahee is demanding a trade more than the rumor that Tiki may come back.

Please, no. That guy would do nothing but bitch over here. He wants to be a feature back, which isn't going to happen with Jacobs on the roster.

Barber has not made his retirment official. I think Reese's comments are right on the money. It doesn't hurt to ask Barber to continue playing before we pursue other options.

There's also a rumor that Clinton Portis is to be had in DC's latest cleansing now that they have Ladell Betts. Frankly, I would say no to Portis, he gets hurt too much.

Besides, why let Washington off of the cap hook? I hope they get to savor every bit of that nice, large, juicy contract they gave Portis. :ph34r:

Besides, why let Washington off of the cap hook? I hope they get to savor every bit of that nice, large, juicy contract they gave Portis. :ph34r:

Yep. There isn't any free agents to talk about .. none worth the investment. That's why I think we're fixing this via the draft. Get a guy like the Colts got .. Adai.

[/quote

I wonder what kind of things Tiki needs to say that will make Adam Shefter believe he is retiring. Because obviously, "IM retiring" isnt enough clues for Shefter. :rolleyes:

[/quote

I wonder what kind of things Tiki needs to say that will make Adam Shefter believe he is retiring. Because obviously, "IM retiring" isnt enough clues for Shefter. :rolleyes:

There are plenty of people who said they would retire, then come back a season later with another team.

Tiki repeatedly saying "my hearts not in it" is confusing him.

Sorry...it's the other way around. Shefter was saying he didn't believe Tiki was coming back until he heard it from Tiki's mouth. My typing skills suck.

Please, no. That guy would do nothing but bitch over here. He wants to be a feature back, which isn't going to happen with Jacobs on the roster.

I was talking about the rumor being more realistic then Tiki coming back, not that I would like him more than Tiki.

NOT GONNA HAPPEN GUYS

LINK

BY MIKE GARAFOLO

Star-Ledger Staff

Jerry Reese's first attempted move as the Giants' general manager was a big one he admitted was a long shot.

It was rebuffed.

But that doesn't mean Reese failed.

In an interview with the YES Network that aired last night, Reese said he was still hoping running back Tiki Barber would decide to play at least one more season.

"Who knows?" said the 43-year-old Reese, who was named GM on Tuesday. "Tiki might say at some point, 'You know what? I want to come back,' after he rests and gets his body healed up. You never know until you talk to him."

Or listen to his radio show. On Tuesday night, during his weekly broadcast of "The Barber Shop" on Sirius Satellite Radio, Barber said he's not going to unretire.

"Well, Jerry, I can tell you -- I know you're probably not listening but somebody is listening -- I'm not coming out of retirement," Barber said. "But I appreciate the offer"

Reese has been a member of the Giants' organization for longer than Barber's 10-year career. He began as a Tennessee-based scout in 1994 and moved to New Jersey in 1999. So he knows Barber well enough to realize his decision to retire was final. In other words, Reese must have known he'd get shot down by Barber.

But perhaps more important to him was the message he would send: That he will be an out-of-the-box thinker who's also aggressive and takes a few chances as general manager.

Still, that's not enough to lure back Barber.

"Eli Manning hasn't played consistently great over his first three seasons," Barber said. "Granted, that's a given because he is a young quarterback but there's a lot of uncertainty. There has been some turnover. There has been a little bit of turmoil.

"So there are some good things, some bad things, and Jerry Reese inherits something where I hope he is able to draft things in order."

During the interview with YES, Reese mentioned Chargers running back Michael Turner as a possible replacement for Barber. Turner is a restricted free agent, so the Giants would have to provide San Diego compensation if the Chargers tender him as expected. The Giants could also work out a trade.

Either way, Reese should be willing to make a run at Turner in March. If he's going to be as aggressive as advertised.