SportsWrath

Goodbye Dumb John

US Patriot

It was just announced and is posted on ESPN that General Tom has relieved This Dumb John of his responsibilities. Gilbride will call the plays against Washington. Now, if only Mara and Tisch have a court martial and relieve the General of his position. :clap:

It was just announced and is posted on ESPN that General Tom has relieved This Dumb John of his responsibilities. Gilbride will call the plays against Washington. Now, if only Mara and Tisch have a court martial and relieve the General of his position. :clap:

How is that any better? Gilbride has one decent game from the offense, TC keeps his job, Gilbride becomes OC next year and we have another full season with The Private and his new sidekick, QB Killer.

The move is a few weeks too late and the replacement is suspect.

Sorry, FIRE COUGHLIN.

he only did this becuse of the pressure from the front office i see him staying next year because of theis move

It doesn't take all day to recognize sunshine. This coach and his assistants are clueless. You mean to tell me he waited till week 16 to make a move and this is supposed to grant him one more year? How about us fans? How about this team has the talent NOW and giving this guy one more year might cost us a chance to win it all.

I've seen this clueless coach and his clueless coaching staff fuck up more than enough. I'm convinced he has to go.

04_c_hufnagel.jpg

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Dont let the door hit you in the ASS :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

whos next

04_c_coughlin.jpg

“Tom Coughlin is the right person for this job,” John Mara, the Giants’ president and chief executive officer, said when the coach was hired. The organization is more convinced of that today. “He has experience as a successful head coach at the college and NFL levels, and he is going to bring an intensity and focus and a commitment to winning that we need and want.”

well he sure pulled the wool over Johns eyes.

04_c_gilbride.jpg

oh where is buddy ryan when you need him :LMAO:

06_tim_lewis.jpg

Homer Simpson's "BROTHA FROM ANOTHA MOTHA"

04_c_palmieri.jpg69782934_85ba14677f_m.jpg

bobcat goldthwait's brother? fire him hire tikis personal strength coach Joe Carini.

04_c_sullivan.jpg

Sullivan was the Jacksonville Jaguars’ offensive assistant in 2003 after spending the previous season as Jacksonville’s defensive quality control coach under Tom Coughlin. He was the only member of Coughlin’s coaching staff retained by the Jaguars in 2003. get him out of here

06_giunta.jpg

the Giants secondary/cornerbacks coach, hit the road uncle fester swiss cheese secondary

04_c_merritt.jpg

secondary/safeties coach, this guy has no merit , who is he and why is the secondary full of holes?

Did I leave any one out?

7F58EF5F886B44259DEEFEA8FFFEF981.jpg

Coach Tom Coughlin announced today that quarterbacks coach Kevin Gilbride will assume the play-calling responsibilities from offensive coordinator John Hufnagel. "John was man enough to see it exactly the way that it had to be and what my whole intention is, which is to create some kind of spark for the offense, ...so that we can feed off of this thing and get some kind of spark and play the kind of football that we’re capable of playing here in the 16th game."

err ahhh yeah can ya say too little too late colonel Tom? :doh:

"Dumb and Dumber?"

Yeah... go to Gilbride. That'll help.

Shoudn't he have thought of a switch, like... two years ago?

We are hopeless on every level.

Actually it might. Its a little too late. But I have mentioned this before.

Gilbride's resume - He has been an OC for more than 10 years and worked for a varied number of teams.

Hufnagel - He has been a QB coach for more than 10 years and worked with a lot of big name QBs

What the fuck was going on behind closed doors when that motherfucker Coughlin decided to make Gilbride and QB coach and Hufnagel the OC??

What the fuck, memos got exchanged and they just let it be? Im still perplexed about that one.

If anything else, this should be more of a reason why Coughlin should go?. How inept is this that a guy "relieves" a coach with one game left in the season. The damage is done. It's clear now that Coughlin "wouldn't" recognize this earlier. And furthermore, if the Giants do beat the Skins this weekend, and the offense improves, the spin doctors at Giants Stadium will consider this a good move and Coughlin will stay, when in fact they should be brow beating him for not "relieving" Hufnagel sooner. The lack of accountability on Coughlin right now is stunning.

There have been more embarrassing moments to being a Giants fan. But this is heading into a chapter all of it's own. If the Giants have any pride, they'll get rid of Coughlin now, and coax Charlie Weis, who has said it's his dream job.Get someone in here, who'll be less hung up on treating his team like army cadets and harness the talent we have.

If anything else, this should be more of a reason why Coughlin should go?. How inept is this that a guy "relieves" a coach with one game left in the season. The damage is done. It's clear now that Coughlin "wouldn't" recognize this earlier. And furthermore, if the Giants do beat the Skins this weekend, and the offense improves, the spin doctors at Giants Stadium will consider this a good move and Coughlin will stay

he knows it too, that's why he waited until we played the 25th ranked defense in football to do it. if the giants ownership falls for it then i have no faith in them at all

I think that it's nothing more than a job-saving attempt by Coughlin that I'm hoping doesn't work. I can't say that Huffnagle is better than Gilbride or vice versa. Change needs to be made, and more than just a simple shift of duties.

Exactly. Even though Coughlin said this is not scapegoating, it's exactly scapegoating. What Coughlin needs to understand is that he is part of the problem... the bigger part. The way he deals wiht his players reminds me of Rumsfeld. This quote from the Daily News today summed it up best:

I asked one Giant in the days after Sunday's debacle against the Saints how the players feel these days about Coughlin - did they want him back, and what has gone wrong?

"We are tiring of his act," the Giant said. "He is pushing too hard. We're still in full pads for part of practice, despite all the injuries we have and the fact that it's the end of a long season. He is very 'me' oriented, always talks about doing things his way - his hard-ass, no-give approach - but we're not winning or sustaining games, so the disconnect is widening and we are tuning him out."

I thought "Kid Presentable" was going to be part of a series?

yeah...kid gruesome, followed by kid moe. i have no explanation for veering off track. i refuse to take accountability for anything, it's all john hufnagel's fault :ph34r:

At least Gilbride was an offensive coordinator for four other NFL teams. The Giants was Huffnagel's first time as an NFL offensive coordinator.

He was an OC and is now a QB Coach.

He was Ryan Leafs coach.

In over three decades as a coach, Gilbride's most memorable image may be a sideline incident while he was offensive coordinator for the Houston Oilers, which resulted in defensive coordinator Buddy Ryan punching Gilbride.