SportsWrath

Is Eli elite again?

rphguy

Still took big plays in the final two minutes to win the game. Eli still threw picks.

Admittedly, I didn't see the game...but beating this Ravens team with two big plays...doesn't convey a ton of confidence. Sure, a win is a win and I'll take it...but I'm not putting Eli and company on any playoff run or elite pedestal based on THIS week.

Keep your pants on Osi, they beat 3rd string cornerbacks and a Ravens team that is devoid of talent.

That was the 3rd ranked defense, only Seahawks and Vikings have given up less yards/game. 9th ranked passing D, 2nd rushing (that's after playing us).

That was the 3rd ranked defense, only Seahawks and Vikings have given up less yards/game. 9th ranked passing D, 2nd rushing (that's after playing us).

They still beat up on second and third string defenders and offensive linemen. Still can't convert in the red zone; still can't avoid turnovers and stupid penalties.

Still took big plays in the final two minutes to win the game. Eli still threw picks.

Admittedly, I didn't see the game...but beating this Ravens team with two big plays...doesn't convey a ton of confidence. Sure, a win is a win and I'll take it...but I'm not putting Eli and company on any playoff run or elite pedestal based on THIS week.

On the picks... 1st one was a bad pass. It floated horribly. 2nd one was the most obvious DPI I've ever seen go uncalled.

The first interception didn't anger me at all, it was a desperation play at the end of the half, no biggie.

And on the first one, Shepard went down. He may have been interfered with but either way, if he stays up, there's no pick and maybe it's even a completion. Eli threw some bad balls early - one behind Cruz comes to mind and on another he missed Shepard. A few others went off hands but were a little high......but I'm not going to quibble with 32 for 46, 403 yards & 3TDs. And who was it that said here this week that Eli can't drop them in a bucket anymore? The 75 yard TD to Odell was perfect and the long one down the left sideline to Odell, closely guarded, was even better.

It looked to me like Eli just made up his mind to trust his OL. He wasn't trying to speed up his reads and delivery - he looked much more relaxed in the pocket than he has in the past few games.

It looked to me like Eli just made up his mind to trust his OL. He wasn't trying to speed up his reads and delivery - he looked much more relaxed in the pocket than he has in the past few games.

That's what I was hoping for, couldn't see the game.

And on the first one, Shepard went down. He may have been interfered with but either way, if he stays up, there's no pick and maybe it's even a completion. Eli threw some bad balls early - one behind Cruz comes to mind and on another he missed Shepard. A few others went off hands but were a little high......but I'm not going to quibble with 32 for 46, 403 yards & 3TDs. And who was it that said here this week that Eli can't drop them in a bucket anymore? The 75 yard TD to Odell was perfect and the long one down the left sideline to Odell, closely guarded, was even better.

Yeah there was a huge difference in his pocket presence this week. Maybe he saw some things on tape that calmed him down

100% agree. I think labels don't really matter that much. He played well yesterday, and I was happy to see it. I'm less concerned if Eli is elite as I am with him playing at an elite level week in and week out. He played well yesterday. Having Odell run after the catch for 110 yards on two catches does surely help the passing stats, but I can't begrudge Eli that. He played a lot better, but I would still like the offense to run more efficiently. We still had 3 punts in a row on possessions yesterday, and went almost the whole first half without points. So I'm encouraged by the significant strides they made yesterday, and Eli through the deep ball very well, but another part of me is saying it shouldn't have been that close, and they had other opportunities they should have and could have capitalized on. But good game, and they need to keep going because they still need to dig themselves out of a hole they have made for themselves.

The defense played great also, and would've held them to less points if not for turnovers and a ridiculous PI call on DRC that was absolutely a terrible call. As long as DRC and Jenkins are healthy, the Giants are going to be very tough for opponents to get the ball to their weapons on the outside.

100% agree. I think labels don't really matter that much. He played well yesterday, and I was happy to see it. I'm less concerned if Eli is elite as I am with him playing at an elite level week in and week out. He played well yesterday. Having Odell run after the catch for 110 yards on two catches does surely help the passing stats, but I can't begrudge Eli that. He played a lot better, but I would still like the offense to run more efficiently. We still had 3 punts in a row on possessions yesterday, and went almost the whole first half without points. So I'm encouraged by the significant strides they made yesterday, and Eli through the deep ball very well, but another part of me is saying it shouldn't have been that close, and they had other opportunities they should have and could have capitalized on. But good game, and they need to keep going because they still need to dig themselves out of a hole they have made for themselves.

The defense played great also, and would've held them to less points if not for turnovers and a ridiculous PI call on DRC that was absolutely a terrible call. As long as DRC and Jenkins are healthy, the Giants are going to be very tough for opponents to get the ball to their weapons on the outside.

Agree.....and don't forget Eli Apple. I like what I see out of that kid. As Spags has said, this D is a work in progress and he's still fitting the parts together.

Agree.....and don't forget Eli Apple. I like what I see out of that kid. As Spags has said, this D is a work in progress and he's still fitting the parts together.

I always liked the pick, but I'm starting to think that Apple is going to be one hell of a player. He's easily a season ahead of where I thought he'd be, as a developmental pick.