SportsWrath

Giants Sign Louis Murphy

Mr. P

Interesting. I hope nobody sees this as a potential Cruz replacement - he's done little in four years in the league and the rep on him is "alligator arms" when he's in a crowd. But he's a burner and speed like that is always intriguing. He'll compete to replace Hixon and Barden. He has also played special teams, including defensively on kickoffs, so he might get a shot at the gunner position, too.

I that's interesting Kyle.

I also wonder that.

I know Reese loved HeywardBey in that draft, even ahead of Nicks.

My guess is the Giants are waiting for Cruz and Boothe before they sign anyone over the Vet Min.

Vet min signings don't count against the cap if there not top 45 salary players on the team.

I'm think Heyward gets a little guaranteed coin somewhere.

I'd love to bring him here.

Like it. Getting out of the cespool that is Oakland and to a team with structure and a plan should help him. Heard a while back he has a bit of a chip on his shoulder which is a good thing. We could use some players like that.

Jerry Reese says on SiriusXM NFL Radio new WR Louis Murphy gives Giants "a different dimension.'' Here's why:

"I think he;s gonna add another dimension to our offense,'' Reese said. "We have a scout named Jeremiah Davis and he talks about guys being a knife. This guy is a knife. This guy can take the top off your defense. He's an interesting guy. He gives us a different dimension in out offense. If we have the same guys, if we have Nicks back healthy and we have Cruz back this guy gives you a deep threat that we haven’t had. We haven’t had a guy who can run like this guy.'' - Paul Swartz