SportsWrath

Giants not tagging Barkley.

I dunno.  The market is kinda flooded and RBs in general aren't being valued league wide.

I think he could end up on a deal similar to what Giants were offering, but due to strained relations over a 2 year negotiation and getting tagged initially, he still signs elsewhere.

If the Giants tagged him it would be for $12 million for next season, it will be interesting if he gets more than that from another team, or if someone hits him with a 4-5 year deal

1 hour ago, gmenroc said:

I dunno.  The market is kinda flooded and RBs in general aren't being valued league wide.

I think he could end up on a deal similar to what Giants were offering, but due to strained relations over a 2 year negotiation and getting tagged initially, he still signs elsewhere.

Him and Henry are the top two RBs this year, both will go to contenders looking to win it all. 

Barkley should go to the Chiefs and be a one two punch with Pichecko, win acouple rings. 

3 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Him and Henry are the top two RBs this year, both will go to contenders looking to win it all. 

Barkley should go to the Chiefs and be a one two punch with Pichecko, win acouple rings. 

Josh Jacobs is out there too.  And yeah, I don't see the Chiefs for either.  I see Chiefs grabbing another RB and WR in the draft and keeping Mahomes protected.  If they can grab a DB or pass rusher along the way, they're set

Sad. Really hoped we could have retained him. Oh well, theres still hope....but I doubt it, he will go to another team purely out of spite with the way he was treated. And oh well - the RB market is being unfair to these guys

Schefter tweet: Former Giants RB Saquon Barkley reached agreement with the Philadelphia Eagles on a three-year, $37.75 million contract that could be worth up to $46.75M and includes $26M fully guaranteed at signing, per sources.

Barkley now beats the franchise tag number and has a maximum average-per-year salary of $15.833M, which would be second highest for a RB in NFL History.

4 minutes ago, Herc said:

Schefter tweet: Former Giants RB Saquon Barkley reached agreement with the Philadelphia Eagles on a three-year, $37.75 million contract that could be worth up to $46.75M and includes $26M fully guaranteed at signing, per sources.

Barkley now beats the franchise tag number and has a maximum average-per-year salary of $15.833M, which would be second highest for a RB in NFL History.

Im not the root for an injury guy...   but when he blows out his knee by week 6 I will be glad

2 hours ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Fuck the Egals and he has to know that is historically bad.  He should have gone to another big market and just chilled.  Fuck him.  We are rebuilding.  He is worse than Tiki for me.

He’s talking shit to tiki tonight on Twitter lol I guess he said something on sports radio today 

Well Tiki is behaving now like those other fools on WFAN and said that Barkley was dead to him.

It's pretty stupid in this day and age to begrudge these guys for doing the best for themselves, because at any point the club can get rid of you and they do.

Good luck to him, can't say he didn't try his best here, he did.

Who gives a shit. We got Thibs and Burns now. Saquon won't be running anywhere. The Eagles lost Kelce and some other Eagle douche. That line will be okay, but it won't be the same. Plus Feltcher Cox retired. Not gonna be the same Eagles. Saquon should have gone to the Bears. They've got the capital to do something special if they play their cards right. 

Fuck the Eagles and GO GIANTS!

15 minutes ago, BronxRik said:

Who gives a shit. We got Thibs and Burns now. Saquon won't be running anywhere. The Eagles lost Kelce and some other Eagle douche. That line will be okay, but it won't be the same. Plus Feltcher Cox retired. Not gonna be the same Eagles. Saquon should have gone to the Bears. They've got the capital to do something special if they play their cards right. 

Fuck the Eagles and GO GIANTS!

Yeah, I think the Eagles are going to be affected by those retirements. Both were still playing at a high level and were leaders. And they still have that clown at head coach.

18 hours ago, Herc said:

He’s talking shit to tiki tonight on Twitter lol I guess he said something on sports radio today 

:laugh:... did not catch it.  Tiki disrespected his wife who loved him, had children for him (Asian chick) and stupped a blase blonde intern.  Not worth it.  He blew up his career a year before the Giants won the Supe against the Patsies, hated Strahan for having a career in waiting and way more talent, and was a fumbling machine until Coughlin taught him the Otis Anderson way of holding onto to the football.  I tend to avoid Tiki but will try to catch a recording of Barkley and his BS on Tiki's show. :TU: