SportsWrath

NFL playoffs.

6 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Also, we're finally not the only ones to choke against the 49ers after being up three scores in the post season.

at least we got screwed by the refs and should have been able to kick a field goal.  Detroit got screwed by their coach and should have been able to kick a field goal. 

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Yeah what a brutal way to loose, fumbles, missed FG, and that decision by Campbell.

Gonna be a long night for Lions fans.

To get so close to your first SB.

The Lions had this game... with most of the league pulling for them.  So sick of the 69'ers anyway.  Land of the Homers...

2 hours ago, mastershake said:

Also, we're finally not the only ones to choke against the 49ers after being up three scores in the post season.

And still the refs had to save the 69'ers by not having a replay of that last play.  Lest we forget they committed the worst PI in creation and were lucky a Giants lineman was downfield.  The penalties were supposed to offset and no way Trey Junkin fucks up two snaps in a row.  I hate the 69'ers.

Well......fuck!

Was so hoping for a Raven Lions SB - but now have to endure this fuckshit of a SB. While Im not saying the outcome might have been different but the Refs really really did their best job helping out the Chiefs. 2 blatant holds on Beckham that were not called - and one was an endzone throw. Plus those roughing the passer, taunting penalties etc. Fuck!

And then the fucking Lions - fucking got too cute for themselves. The Eagles Pats SB was one of absolute disaster for me - hated both the teams. This one's similar. I might hate the 9ers a little bit more - but the Chiefs and them throwing away Tucker's helmet pre-game etc are just monumental assholes.

I don't buy the whole refs thing. They called two holding calls on KC that drove them out of FG range at one point. The Ravens committed some stupid penalties and shot themselves in the foot. Zay Flowers for instance shoving a guy at the 7 yardline was just stupid.

29 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I don't buy the whole refs thing. They called two holding calls on KC that drove them out of FG range at one point. The Ravens committed some stupid penalties and shot themselves in the foot. Zay Flowers for instance shoving a guy at the 7 yardline was just stupid.

It was like 3 taunts including physicality in 1 and people were talking about Taylor swift conspiracies on Twitter 🙄

15 minutes ago, Herc said:

It was like 3 taunts including physicality in 1 and people were talking about Taylor swift conspiracies on Twitter 🙄

Exactly. They think the NFL conspired to have Zay Flowers lose his mind and shove Sneed (while he was on his back), and then fumble the ball into the end zone a couple players later, Lol

Then on the next drive they conspired to have Lamar Jackson throw to a guy who was triple covered in the end zone.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

11 minutes ago, mastershake said:

Exactly. They think the NFL conspired to have Zay Flowers lose his mind and shove Sneed (while he was on his back), and then fumble the ball into the end zone a couple players later, Lol

Then on the next drive they conspired to have Lamar Jackson throw to a guy who was triple covered in the end zone.  🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Playoff Lamar will do that to a mother fucker.

Ravens shit the bed plain and simple and why NFL fans think this is scripted in any way is laughable.

Their defense held the Chiefs to three points in the second half, and the best offense in the NFL couln't muster more than 7 points.

Sports betting and the growth of NFL fandom have made for some awful fans yo.

Worst rushing defense in the NFL.

Ravens only run it 11 times while watching Lamar regress to Tommy Cutlets level.

lol

Fuck the NFL is the best sport for watching just a complete disaster and collapse over a single decision. 

19 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Worst rushing defense in the NFL.

Ravens only run it 11 times while watching Lamar regress to Tommy Cutlets level.

lol

Fuck the NFL is the best sport for watching just a complete disaster and collapse over a single decision. 

Yep, and only 6 of those runs were to RBs. They panicked and abandoned the run way too quickly.

1 hour ago, mastershake said:

I didn't get why the broadcast team acted like the shove wasn't part of the flag. At every level of football, in every era, shoving an opposing player is a flag.

And shoving a guy who's already on the ground isn't just a flag, its a sure sign you're dealing with a fucking idiot. 

and the whole 'omg the fix is in' bullshit, come the fuck on. The worst call I saw all game went against the Chiefs (no call on a hold in the end zone). 

I was rooting for the Ravens at the start, but I found the way they played the game so off-putting that by the end I was rooting for the Chiefs. Cheap shots, mental errors, pointing the finger, a style over substance offensive gameplan. They aren't going to win shit with that QB.

They assigned the ref crew with the highest penalty yards against home teams to that game and a lot was made of it beforehand so people were dying to pounce on anything to prove they wanted swift at the Super Bowl.  Like Canada said, people flip the fuck out these days they don’t hit their 8 leg parlay paying 32 bucks 

8 minutes ago, Herc said:

They assigned the ref crew with the highest penalty yards against home teams to that game and a lot was made of it beforehand so people were dying to pounce on anything to prove they wanted swift at the Super Bowl.  Like Canada said, people flip the fuck out these days they don’t hit their 8 leg parlay paying 32 bucks 

Yes I think the online gambling is a big part of people's reactions.    

New York had almost $500 million in bets yesterday  https://www.covers.com/industry/new-yorks-weekly-sports-betting-handle-soars-to-490-million-january-25-2024

It's also Karma that Sneed was the guy who Flowers shoved, then a few players later, Sneed was the guy who forced the Flowers' fumble at the goal line on what should have been a TD.

The penalty was ultimately inconsequential. Flowers still blew it to end the drive.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

and the whole 'omg the fix is in' bullshit, come the fuck on. The worst call I saw all game went against the Chiefs (no call on a hold in the end zone). 

I was rooting for the Ravens at the start, but I found the way they played the game so off-putting that by the end I was rooting for the Chiefs. Cheap shots, mental errors, pointing the finger, a style over substance offensive gameplan. They aren't going to win shit with that QB.

I also think the phantom holding call on #65 on the screen to Rice that went for a TD, but was called back, was bullshit. That wasn't a hold.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

I didn't get why the broadcast team acted like the shove wasn't part of the flag. At every level of football, in every era, shoving an opposing player is a flag.

And shoving a guy who's already on the ground isn't just a flag, its a sure sign you're dealing with a fucking idiot. 

Beyond belief.  Playing football up to the HS. level.... and playing with many college and NFL dudes... they would all tell you that if you are mad enough to shove you have already made the calculus in your head you are getting a penalty against your team... and if by magic you don't the ref was distracted and/or is putting down offsetting penalties because usually the shoved guy, shoves back and everyone gets a taste of infamy.  Refs tend to be cowards in not wanting to flag the guy starting the shit.

21 minutes ago, mastershake said:

I also think the phantom holding call on #65 on the screen to Rice that went for a TD, but was called back, was bullshit. That wasn't a hold.

Traditionally the Ravens get a lot of favorable calls for phantom holding calls against the opposition that negates touchdowns.  WHO LET THE DAWGS OUT!!!

25 minutes ago, mastershake said:

It's also Karma that Sneed was the guy who Flowers shoved, then a few players later, Sneed was the guy who forced the Flowers' fumble at the goal line on what should have been a TD.

The penalty was ultimately inconsequential. Flowers still blew it to end the drive.

That strip was incredible

I have never cried for the Ravens who has been beneficiaries of great calls the past 20 years and who are always touted as this transformational defense when they are good but not special is finally getting a nail put into the coffin.  Fuck the Ravens... cry me a river. :cry:

4 minutes ago, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Nice article on the pitfalls of gambling... never gamble what you can't afford to lose.  Thank GOD I never gave in to the gambling disease...

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/designed-to-deceive-how-gambling-distorts-reality-and-hooks-your-brain

I refuse to let myself download any gambling app.  I know I am too easily addicted to things and would like to keep this vice off my radar

I’m up around 540 since they legalized online betting.    

Only really do a few bets a year for fun.     the other night by buddy was checking his bets secretly whenever his wife would walk away lol.