SportsWrath

MVP

BlueInCanada

27 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

So, the question is, what can we get for him in a trade?    If he is healthy come Nov 1st and we are not going to pay him with a big contract next season, is there a reason to keep him for the rest of the season?

Only if we have no plans to pay him. We have no other offensive weapons. 

On 9/13/2022 at 6:15 AM, GorillaNJ said:

So, the question is, what can we get for him in a trade?    If he is healthy come Nov 1st and we are not going to pay him with a big contract next season, is there a reason to keep him for the rest of the season?

This is a logical take but...ouch.

Like any player, they all have a price.  If Barkley proves to be a bell cow and healthy, I gotta expect a 1st and then something.  2 firsts is probably too much.  1st and a 3rd in 2023 maybe is where I'd start if teams call with the 1st being non-negotiable.

But he's a guy who if healthy, probably should be resigned to a 3 or 4 year deal.

• 2 weeks later...

If I am Shoen, I'm talking extension with Saquon right now.  Like I said last week, so we overpay for the position during the rebuild.  When the rest of the team catches up, he is a difference maker than can win super bowls.  He is my favorite player on the team and he is face of the franchise material.  Even when we're bad he can keep the team respectable, as he has done this year.  If they can get a mid first rd pick, ok entertain it.  But if he ends up getting traded for anything less I will personally beat Shoen et all to a pulp.