Jump to content
SportsWrath

Giants still need roughly 12 million for draft picks.


Recommended Posts

It's gotta be Saquon or Bradberry...might as well make it both...but likely won't happen now until after the draft...maybe a team misses out on a guy they wanted and need to find a guy.  Even then, the other team likely waits us out cause we will have to sign rookies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

It's gotta be Saquon or Bradberry...might as well make it both...but likely won't happen now until after the draft...maybe a team misses out on a guy they wanted and need to find a guy.  Even then, the other team likely waits us out cause we will have to sign rookies.

I was saying this morning, teams don't wanna surrender picks for a draft coming up in 30 days... but when the draft is over, giving up a 3rd for a draft happening next year will seem a lot more palatable. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I was saying this morning, teams don't wanna surrender picks for a draft coming up in 30 days... but when the draft is over, giving up a 3rd for a draft happening next year will seem a lot more palatable. 

Yep... both those guys should be cleaning out their lockers and social media accounts to reflect where they are going to end up.  For me having a fire sale after the draft is a great option.  Sometimes you just have to sell or get rid of your old stuff (no matter how much you value it) in order to get the new shiny stuff.  Just unload both of these guys.  They are not the answer and neither of them will get you deep into the playoffs or the ultimate the Superbowl.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't get me wrong, I think both could help get a team to the SB or playoffs, but with injuries, regression, and cost added to our likely sucking a lot of ass this year...just don't see the sense in keeping them on at this point.

Besides, what effort you think they're gonna put out there this year knowing the team was trying to unload them outside of playing for next contract...which is valid, but I would be more focused on staying healthy and the future rather than 2022 if I were them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There are guys at the bottom of this roster that can be released. I don't see Darius Slayton on this roster next year and guys like Ximenes/Brown (Davis Webb???) I see about 10 million in cap space on duds that have no business being here. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/24/2022 at 10:26 AM, Sephiroth said:

Saquon for a conditional 7th.

We all know he'll be on IR with a 2.1 yard average by week six anyway. 

On the Giants, yes. I still say if he goes to like Baltimore or KC, 49ers, etc., he'll be fully healthy and will put up at least 1,500 yards from scrimmage.

He's cursed on that Giants turf.

It's why we should do each other a favor and trade him. Win win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mastershake said:

This is a disaster. Cutting Bradberry seems inevitable.

We better have one helluva draft.

 

Oddly enough, every team's cap situation, free space relative to rookie pool, is about the same. So I'm not sure that chart is telling us as much about a given team's situation as would a look at individual players who could be restructured.

the Giants have like... One.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, gmenroc said:

Don't get me wrong, I think both could help get a team to the SB or playoffs, but with injuries, regression, and cost added to our likely sucking a lot of ass this year...just don't see the sense in keeping them on at this point.

Besides, what effort you think they're gonna put out there this year knowing the team was trying to unload them outside of playing for next contract...which is valid, but I would be more focused on staying healthy and the future rather than 2022 if I were them

Let me clarify they can help get other teams into the playoffs.  I think that ship has sailed with their tenures with these Giants though.  IMHO they will not be the answer in 2022 for the G-Men.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, mastershake said:

On the Giants, yes. I still say if he goes to like Baltimore or KC, 49ers, etc., he'll be fully healthy and will put up at least 1,500 yards from scrimmage.

He's cursed on that Giants turf.

It's why we should do each other a favor and trade him. Win win.

This....agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, boohyah said:

There are guys at the bottom of this roster that can be released. I don't see Darius Slayton on this roster next year and guys like Ximenes/Brown (Davis Webb???) I see about 10 million in cap space on duds that have no business being here. 

Fire sale time bro... put them out like a garage sale in the $1 bin. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, boohyah said:

There are guys at the bottom of this roster that can be released. I don't see Darius Slayton on this roster next year and guys like Ximenes/Brown (Davis Webb???) I see about 10 million in cap space on duds that have no business being here. 

Slayton is a no brainer who should be cut to save the $2M. What's he other than a 4th WR at this point, who can't play special teams? We can draft a 4th-6th rounder to fill his spot.

What about Gates too? I'm still wondering why he's still on the roster.

This is the last year of his contract, $2.5M or so in savings if we cut him.

He's not going to play this year. Why's he still here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, boohyah said:

Just keep this in mind. Davis Webb is one million against the cap next year.

Davis Webb!!

I mean is he worth that much so that Nas can be happy?

 

He's likely not even going to make the roster, so it's a moot point in terms of the cap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/26/2022 at 9:46 PM, boohyah said:

Just keep this in mind. Davis Webb is one million against the cap next year.

Davis Webb!!

I mean is he worth that much so that Nas can be happy?

 

I think everyone should strive for me to be happy.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...