SportsWrath

What the difference between between tickets for sundays Giants game and $6?

boohyah

1 hour ago, jranieli said:

I was at Giants Stadium, week 17 2003. Fassel's last game. Jessie Palmer was at the helm. That was bad. Our fortunes started to change the next season. I think 2022 Giants are in worse shape. 

I was at that game also. Keith Hamiltons last game along with Fassel. Cold as fuck that day and the team was fucking awful.

it's a bit hilarious to see this characterization of Ron Rivera as some sort of upstanding citizen as folks parse out Judge's backhanded comments, possibly/probably about WTF, and Rivera's very direct response to those comments.

Lets not forget, Ron Rivera is the guy that once had a scrub player threaten an opposing star player with a baseball bat prior to a game. He did that. Don't forget, that's who Ron Rivera is, not just as a coach, but as a person. He's an effective football coach, he's not a good dude. 

38 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

it's a bit hilarious to see this characterization of Ron Rivera as some sort of upstanding citizen as folks parse out Judge's backhanded comments, possibly/probably about WTF, and Rivera's very direct response to those comments.

Lets not forget, Ron Rivera is the guy that once had a scrub player threaten an opposing star player with a baseball bat prior to a game. He did that. Don't forget, that's who Ron Rivera is, not just as a coach, but as a person. He's an effective football coach, he's not a good dude. 

Lol I can't believe people still believe this. 

OBJ started the whole thing and was suspended for it.

The baseball bat was part of the defenses warmup schtick.

We had a coach bring a sledge hammer onto the field at home games when someone "brought the hammer down"  

And yes Judge is a classless fuck for trying to go after other teams in his dementia induced rant. 

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

Lol I can't believe people still believe this. 

OBJ started the whole thing and was suspended for it.

The baseball bat was part of the defenses warmup schtick.

We had a coach bring a sledge hammer onto the field at home games when someone "brought the hammer down"  

And yes Judge is a classless fuck for trying to go after other teams in his dementia induced rant. 

warm up schtick, lol. But why were they doing that though? Do you know where Ron Rivera comes from? - it's Buddy Ryan style meathead/shithead nonsense. 

OBJ didn't start that. He sure fell for it, as I'm sure the Panthers thought he might, and he escalated it beyond all reasonable response - hence the suspension. But he didn't start it. 

And I have no recollection of anything to do with a hammer or 'bringing the hammer down' - when was this? Who was this? And were they actually threatening opposing players with the sledgehammer? 

for the record, as far as I'm concerned, everybody who played for Buddy Ryan - and is proud of it - is a heel. Take this character assasination for what it's worth, we're in WWE territory here!

just speaking to general theory of 'coach speak', note that Judge's comments about Washington were actually much less specific than Rivera's response to those comments. As Ron Rivera himself said, 'its interesting'.... to me.... that Rivera is getting a pass. Because his response went into a lot of personal detail about his players and why it was supposedly 'okay' that his team was coming apart at the seams. On national television. We aren't piling on Rivera yet, but just wait because he ALSO went on like a ten minute super sensitive and defensive diatribe, and his team is underachieving and shitty.... and (I think because the Giants are such a total clown show) nobody is talking about it. 

2 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

Ok... what did I miss about Judge vs Rivera?

12 minutes ago, Nas said:

Ok... what did I miss about Judge vs Rivera?

in Judge's surreal eleven minute attempt to 'save' (scuttle?) his job, he said the team isn't as bad as we think because at least they weren't throwing punches at each other on the sidelines.

Since that's only happened to a couple teams this season, the presumption is Judge was referring to the recent WTF slugfest on the sidelines as they were getting their shit smashed by the Cowboys. 

So of course Rivera was asked about it, and he had many, many responses over a period of days. 

5 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Doesn't matter what Rivera is or isn't. What Judge did was stupid and he was trying to deflect from his issues. Taking shots against Shurmur also was stupid.

LOL, well we're not making hiring decisions here. None of this really 'matters'. Its just entertainment. 

But of all Judge's comments, I had the least problem with the shade thrown WTF's way - assuming Judge was even directly referring to that, because we've seen teammates get into it every season, many times before, sometimes on our own sidelines. Sometimes it was even on good teams. 

The unwarranted, inaccurate slam on Shurmur, the obvious bullshit about the 2018 Patriots coaching staff, and putting words in former players' mouths though.... good lord, I can't recall a bigger spewing of nonsense from the coaching podium since maybe Denny Green in his AZ days. We won't be letting Judge off the hook. 

1 minute ago, CrazedDogs said:

in Judge's surreal eleven minute attempt to 'save' (scuttle?) his job, he said the team isn't as bad as we think because at least they weren't throwing punches at each other on the sidelines.

Since that's only happened to a couple teams this season, the presumption is Judge was referring to the recent WTF slugfest on the sidelines as they were getting their shit smashed by the Cowboys. 

So of course Rivera was asked about it, and he had many, many responses over a period of days. 

LOL, well we're not making hiring decisions here. None of this really 'matters'. Its just entertainment. 

But of all Judge's comments, I had the least problem with the shade thrown WTF's way - assuming Judge was even directly referring to that, because we've seen teammates get into it every season, many times before, sometimes on our own sidelines. Sometimes it was even on good teams. 

The unwarranted, inaccurate slam on Shurmur, the obvious bullshit about the 2018 Patriots coaching staff, and putting words in former players' mouths though.... good lord, I can't recall a bigger spewing of nonsense from the coaching podium since maybe Denny Green in his AZ days. We won't be letting Judge off the hook. 

CD, thank you.  I did some reading and it seems like Judge was having diarrhea in the mouth.   He’s setting a very low bar for suck-hood.    I don’t fault Rivera at all.

10 minutes ago, boohyah said:

Doesn't matter what Rivera is or isn't. What Judge did was stupid and he was trying to deflect from his issues. Taking shots against Shurmur also was stupid.

Yeah "Atleast were not getting into fists fights like a clown show franchise"

What about the entire team brawl you had in mini camp where Jones got piled up on?

What about the fist fight with your own fucking coach you hired last year you demented knob.

What about Shepard throwing down with that Browns CB during the joint practice?

Judge is living in his own dream world.