Jump to content
SportsWrath

Kadarius "Mr.Glass" Toney.


BlueInCanada
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BlueInCanada said:

So Toney returned to practice yesterday.

And then immediately left it with another injury.

What's with NY WRs and injuries?

The last time I could remember a WR finishing a season healthy it was Toomer. 

Cruz had an excellent run till the patellar tendon. 

But yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either the Giants' training regimen is a bit outdated, there's something wrong with their field, or Ronnie Barnes should really hang it up.  The only time we did well on the soft tissue injury front was the two years Aaron Wellman was the conditioning coach. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Cruz had an excellent run till the patellar tendon. 

But yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either the Giants' training regimen is a bit outdated, there's something wrong with their field, or Ronnie Barnes should really hang it up.  The only time we did well on the soft tissue injury front was the two years Aaron Wellman was the conditioning coach. 

Yoga can solve a lot of that.    We have other jobs in life... these "professionals" however; their only job is to stay fit... literally stretching, strengthening etc is their job.    I can understand why Toney would get injured a lot.. he's too fast for his own good and a human body isn't really able to handle 0-60 in x number of seconds... I used to twist my ankle a LOT... and I mean severe twists because of the reason mentioned above... so much so that I had to wear ankle braces... the problem is those slow you down a bit but it beats the fuck out of having a football size ankle with black and blue colors.   But if we're talking quads, groins, hamstrings, pecs... those can be eliminated with proper and regular stretching and by that I don't mean stretch for 5 minutes (which is what younger athletes tend to do) and calling it a day. 

Speaking of the great Amani Toomer (the Giants should have his Jersey retired), I talked to him during training camp in Albany in 2002 and I asked him about his physique and how he looked slimmer etc... I don't recall his exact words but it boiled down to how he needed to change his training regimen to accommodate getting older etc.   He said something about some Brazilian exercise that involved a lot of stretching.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Cruz had an excellent run till the patellar tendon. 

But yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either the Giants' training regimen is a bit outdated, there's something wrong with their field, or Ronnie Barnes should really hang it up.  The only time we did well on the soft tissue injury front was the two years Aaron Wellman was the conditioning coach. 

I thought Cruz only had one season where he finished all 16 games, his ridiculous probowl year.

He was still good to miss be or two games a year if I recall and those were usually losses since Cruz was such a production maker. 

But yeah there has to be something up with the Giants practice turf or field or whatever. I know rumors fly every year that the Giants have the worst field in football even with the new stadium. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

So Toney returned to practice yesterday.

And then immediately left it with another injury.

What's with NY WRs and injuries?

The last time I could remember a WR finishing a season healthy it was Toomer. 

Hey, its a good thing we didn't draft a OLine-man in the first round.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2021 at 1:47 AM, NeMesiS said:

Hey, its a good thing we didn't draft a OLine-man in the first round.  

Or the second. Or third.

Fuck, there were quality guys in the 6th but we really needed Rodarius Williams and Gary Brightwell apparently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/10/2021 at 8:03 AM, Sephiroth said:

Cruz had an excellent run till the patellar tendon. 

But yeah, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either the Giants' training regimen is a bit outdated, there's something wrong with their field, or Ronnie Barnes should really hang it up.  The only time we did well on the soft tissue injury front was the two years Aaron Wellman was the conditioning coach. 

Ronnie Barnes is still there.... well the 90's are calling him.  :facepalm:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TaylorBanksCarsonVanPelt said:

Ronnie Barnes is still there.... well the 90's are calling him.  :facepalm:

I remember the last game I went to see at the Meadowlands with Coughlin still as coach, we got there early and watched the warmups.  It was literally the exact same warmup regimen we did when I was in middle school. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sephiroth said:

I remember the last game I went to see at the Meadowlands with Coughlin still as coach, we got there early and watched the warmups.  It was literally the exact same warmup regimen we did when I was in middle school. 

Jesus H. Christ man... that is not good.  Yes something has to be done.  A pure housecleaning from top to bottom.  This mentality of retreads, and "Giant's way" bullshit needs to be excised.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I remember the last game I went to see at the Meadowlands with Coughlin still as coach, we got there early and watched the warmups.  It was literally the exact same warmup regimen we did when I was in middle school. 

yeah, same thing I thought when I went to the Giants-Bengals training camp co-practices. 

Not sure we're still doing that in the Judge (or Shurmur, or McAdoo) era though. But cold stretching in 2013 or 2014 was so behind the times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Sephiroth said:

Or the second. Or third.

Fuck, there were quality guys in the 6th but we really needed Rodarius Williams and Gary Brightwell apparently.

I don't blame Gettlemen... don't want mess up the continuity of this OLine. It would mess up their mojo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Stress from pressure to succeed and win.  NY creates a lot of pressure.  When you are stressed you are tight and then take 2 or 3 guys starting at about 200 pounds running into each other at full speed.

I don't think anybody is healthy after week 1 in the NFL, they're just the walking wounded.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

wouldn’t surprise me if the training staff sucks.  They’ve always held onto underperformers too long if the family likes them.  
 

bad luck and that stupid field are probably the other two factors you can reasonably point to 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

He's hurt again FYI.

As much as I want to blame Toney what the fuck is it with the Giants this year's and players randomly having game missing injuries?

Is our medical staff just a bunch of fuck heads like Judge? 

It doesn't matter who to blame anymore.. this organization stinks from the top down... especially at the top that it's not worth blaming anyone anymore... 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

I've said it before...in a losing season, guys lose incentive to play through injuries.  All of the sudden, that nagging ankle is enough to keep a guy out of the game whereas if team is on a roll, guys are like "what ankle?"

Definitely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Herc said:

wouldn’t surprise me if the training staff sucks.  They’ve always held onto underperformers too long if the family likes them.  
 

bad luck and that stupid field are probably the other two factors you can reasonably point to 

This.

Back in 2000, we may have had a field of "painted mud" but do you know what else we had? A near 100% healthy team in the Super Bowl. 

3 hours ago, gmenroc said:

I've said it before...in a losing season, guys lose incentive to play through injuries.  All of the sudden, that nagging ankle is enough to keep a guy out of the game whereas if team is on a roll, guys are like "what ankle?"

Also this.

If You're Kadarius Toney, what the fuck are you gonna run on a bad ankle for over the next two weeks? How'd that work out for Hakeem Nicks? I said it after the Dallas loss... watch players start to go on IR and start sitting out more. Why would you push yourself and possibly wreck your career when you still have a future?

And not for nothing, but kudos to Leonard Williams. He easily could have sat the rest of the season but pride has kept him in the game, and he's actually played pretty well too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I realize it's a natural reaction, but I hate guys for it.  If they can play, they should be willing to play.  I want the guys who love football enough and appreciate the opportunity enough to fight and claw and put it all out there, injury be damned.

But those guys are few and far between anymore.  Now it's like you owe them just to be in their presence.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...