SportsWrath

Why does this make me feel good.

Chuck Wagon

12 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

Pussies ....... I’m watching it and it kicks off at 1 a.m. in England

yet another all nighter , with 2 coffees at 5 a.m. and off to work.

im getting too old for this shit I’m 51 next bloody week

So what do you do?  Get some early sleep from 6pm and wake up at 12:30am for the game then rest a bit before heading off to work at 5am? 

1 hour ago, TrashTalker92 said:

So what do you do?  Get some early sleep from 6pm and wake up at 12:30am for the game then rest a bit before heading off to work at 5am? 

i tried that several times TT but you just can't get to sleep in the first place .......and you can't go to sleep for 2 hours after the game at 4.30 am. because you are emotionally too wired win or lose.

My best option is to work from home on the day after ( which i can manage since i run my own business ....thankfully i'm not busy on a Mon or Tue usually and can have a few serious power naps)

Then i go to bed very early the evening afterwards at about 8pm and sleep like a baby.

I've done it maybe 250 times in the last 40 years but it really fucks me up nowadays.

regards UK    

2 hours ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

i tried that several times TT but you just can't get to sleep in the first place .......and you can't go to sleep for 2 hours after the game at 4.30 am. because you are emotionally too wired win or lose.

My best option is to work from home on the day after ( which i can manage since i run my own business ....thankfully i'm not busy on a Mon or Tue usually and can have a few serious power naps)

Then i go to bed very early the evening afterwards at about 8pm and sleep like a baby.

I've done it maybe 250 times in the last 40 years but it really fucks me up nowadays.

regards UK    

I hear ya UK. For about two years I had a Thursday night DJ gig from 9PM to midnight. After the first three months or so it was really hard to bounce back... I'd get to sleep around 130, wake up at 6 AM for work, but be tired all day Friday... then all day Saturday... and finally by mid-day Sunday I'd start feeling better, just in time for work on Monday. 

I gave up that gig last November and it's really improved my mood and overall health. Couldn't help but feel I was shaving years and quality off my life to make a quick and easy buck.

I stay up. I just don't want to watch Monday nIght football anymore.

UK, used to stay up and watch the superbowl on channel 4 till 4 in the morning when I lived in Ireland. Next day was school but the parents let me do it one day a year.

35 minutes ago, boohyah said:

I stay up. I just don't want to watch Monday nIght football anymore.

UK, used to stay up and watch the superbowl on channel 4 till 4 in the morning when I lived in Ireland. Next day was school but the parents let me do it one day a year.

remember Ch 4 very well Boo , ( 1984-2001 ) ......they even dragged in Frank Gifford for a season or 2 didnt they !

i guess we are the same sort of age ( born in 1969 )

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

I hear ya UK. For about two years I had a Thursday night DJ gig from 9PM to midnight. After the first three months or so it was really hard to bounce back... I'd get to sleep around 130, wake up at 6 AM for work, but be tired all day Friday... then all day Saturday... and finally by mid-day Sunday I'd start feeling better, just in time for work on Monday. 

I gave up that gig last November and it's really improved my mood and overall health. Couldn't help but feel I was shaving years and quality off my life to make a quick and easy buck.

you did the right thing Seph ........the body just cant cope with sleep deprivation ( especially after the age of 50 )

I don’t know how you guys do it then. Without a good 6-7 hours sleep. I get moody, like a bitch on PMS moody.  I was in a low rank dart league for my local pub and the game usually starts at 8:30pm but of course we have people that just sucks and a game would drag for 30 mins and there’s like 15 games or so.  Would get home 1-2am on Tuesday mornings.  My body would be shot at work and people know not to come close.  

49 minutes ago, UK-Giantsfan said:

remember Ch 4 very well Boo , ( 1984-2001 ) ......they even dragged in Frank Gifford for a season or 2 didnt they !

i guess we are the same sort of age ( born in 1969 )

July 1969 yep.

Every Sunday around 6pm I'd watch the highlight show with the Two Tribes theme going in the background. I left in 87 so I don't know what happened after that but it was a good show. A kicker from the Falcons was hosting around that time.

1 hour ago, boohyah said:

July 1969 yep.

Every Sunday around 6pm I'd watch the highlight show with the Two Tribes theme going in the background. I left in 87 so I don't know what happened after that but it was a good show. A kicker from the Falcons was hosting around that time.

Mick Luckhurst Boo ....... " the only Brit in the NFL " as First Down magazine referred to him

20 hours ago, bamf75 said:

Absolutely hilarious the way my longest internet friends, animals in their day, complaining about staying up, watching a football game and getting hammered. You fuckers got old. 

I had not thought of how your long absence might have frozen your memory of us Bam.....but it makes sense.

Try to remember us for what we were....not what we have become. :)

C. Wagon

On 12/9/2020 at 3:13 PM, Chuck Wagon said:

Browns V Giants flexed the Cowboys v 49ers out of the Prime Time Sunday night game.

C. Wagon

While I understand the implication, I’m not a fan... first it’s waiting for the game to start... then having to leave the game to put my 5 year old to bed.... most of the time I stay in bed myself as I’m used to waking up super early.

On 12/9/2020 at 4:02 PM, bamf75 said:

Absolutely hilarious the way my longest internet friends, animals in their day, complaining about staying up, watching a football game and getting hammered. You fuckers got old. 

For some reason if I don’t get enough sleep I’m guaranteed a vicious migraine worse than your worst hangover.... gone are the animal days brother.... I’m embracing the dad life.

On 12/10/2020 at 6:57 AM, boohyah said:

July 1969 yep.

I was stationed in England from '83-'92 and watched that same show. Nick Horne I believe was the presenter. They also used Big Audio Dynamite's "Bottom Line" as the intro as well as two tribes. The blokes at the local didn't know we got the "Stars and Stripes" newspaper on base and knew the score from the game Channel 4 was showing each week. We used to make a killing in free beer. Those were some of the best years of my life. 

Funny you say that. Nowadays, yeah, I'd agree with you, with the internet and all. Back then it would have been pretty impossible to find each other. Hell, the Air Force was still pushing pen pals back then.

Funny part is, I lived off base amongst the locals almost the entire time. Lived in Brit houses, shopped in Brit markets, hung out with brit neighbo(u)rs. Lost my NY accent pretty quick. Almost every time I was at a pub, some bloke would come up to me and say "oy mate, I've known a lot of you lot come into me pub, and you all leave to go back home. There was this G.I. used to come in 'ere. Name was Joe. Nice bloke. From Texas. You know 'im?". Used to crack me up.

(I didn't know anyone from Texas at the time).