SportsWrath

The Washington *insert name here*

BlueInCanada

It's kinda funny in some of the articles I have read, seeing them reference the 'skins as "the team from Washington" or "Washington's team". It's like the performer formerly known as Prince.

And yet, no decision has been made, but the press is just gonna run with not acknowledging the Washington nickname. Shame it took a man being killed in front of our eyes and an entire country in total uproar, when they could have been ignoring the nickname all along to put pressure on Washington. 

They name teams out of STRENGTH, not weakness, but now the Washington Redskins & Cleveland Indians, two fabled sports franchises, look like they are going to be changing their names in order to be politically correct. Indians, like Elizabeth Warren, must be very angry right now!

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/1280203174008303616?s=21

The Red Tails were the Tuskegee Airmen. The black pilot corps who kicked ass in WWII. It would keep everyone happy, but the name's already taken. 

I suppose they could go with The Red Epidermis's, but then of course, sunburnt people would be offended. 

5 hours ago, Bonji said:

Whelp...it's gonna be:

Washington Football Team for at least 2020.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29524343/washington-nfl-team-use-washington-football-team-now-sources-say

r722785_1242x699_16-9.jpg

I really thought this was a spoof article, like the Onion, and had to read all the way through to realize that it's not a joke. They actually chose this name.