SportsWrath

Judge's staff news.

BlueInCanada

Just a thread with recent news of who Judge is bringing in for interviews and who he's retaining from the previous group.

From all reports he's keeping two coaches so far, WR coach Tyke Tolbert and ST coordinator Thomas McGaughey.

He's interviewing Dolphins DC Patrick Graham to fill Bettchers spot, Graham was in NE with Judge and with the Giants in 2016 and 2017 as the D Line coach.

• BlueInCanada changed the title to Judge's staff news.
6 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

Also to note since leaving the Giants only two seasons ago there is only one player remaining from that Dline unit Graham coached, being Tomlinson.

Kinda shows how bad the roster is only one player has been here longer than two seasons on the Dline.

Not really

3 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Yeah but Miami was doing a firesale. I for one am not sure about Graham's credentials or his body of work - but oh well - if Judge Dredd trusts him, then well, lets just see. Im far more interested in the OC.

Really? I was far more interested in the new DC. This offense was at least able to score points. The D needs to be straightened out far more than the offense. 

38 minutes ago, CrazedDogs said:

not relative to their talent their weren't. 

that roster was bare, a few of their starters on defense were cast offs from our roster. 

Yeah, guess ya really can’t judge, pun intended, from his one year stint there. Just wish there was something in this shake up where we can say that this is definitely a good thing. 

So many unknowns. This is another big one. 

I didn't know much on Judge when hired, but interviews and reports have me really liking the hire.

I want to hear the DC speak a bit before I form any kind of opinion.  Not a well known name...like Judge a week ago.  But Miami played well down the stretch, not tanking like ownership wanted.

I put that on the coaches motivating the players and appealing to their prude as men.  If the DC was part of that, then I don't hate this hire at all.  But let the guy be introduced, give a bit of his outlook, and we'll go from there

3 hours ago, CrazedDogs said:

not relative to their talent their weren't. 

that roster was bare, a few of their starters on defense were cast offs from our roster. 

That's my only take the Dolphins were trading away starters this year so build for the coming seasons.

They played well the last few weeks if the season not to much before that.

7 hours ago, Iceman_NYG said:

Yeah but Miami was doing a firesale. I for one am not sure about Graham's credentials or his body of work - but oh well - if Judge Dredd trusts him, then well, lets just see. Im far more interested in the OC.

I was hoping for a proven old school DC like Phillips...

19 minutes ago, Prince_Nas said:

I was hoping for a proven old school DC like Phillips...

There's some reports that he's turned down a few offers because he's "waiting for the right fit" aka waiting for a playoff team to call.

He's already 73 and his next coaching stent is probably his last.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1216809676328919041

As expected he's bringing in former coaches he worked in NE with.

Try this again: More #Giants assistants coming together: QB coach is expected to be Jerry Schuplinski, sources said. Was assistant QB coach for the #Dolphins, who will let him reunite with Joe Judge. Schuplinski was with the #Patriots 2013-18.

1 hour ago, CrazedDogs said:

For all his talk about friendship not being a good reason to hire a guy, I'm mildly concerned that Judge seems to be digging deep into his ol boys network. 

I like this DL coach signing more then Graham or the QB coach.

But yeah says he is looking at experience in his staff, proceeds to just hire his old work buddies.

Are any of these coaches black men? And I mean like black men from Texas and lib city and coconut grove Miami and Augusta and Decatur  Georgia and New Orleans Louisiana and Compton California.

real black guy from black football neighborhoods.

if so, I love the hire.

if not, just another whitewashed staff that won’t get shit done

21 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

How so? Entire unit turnovers in under two years?

There was the changing over of the defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and that has a greater impact on the front seven of a defense.  The next factor cost of a few key players and their perceived value:  Jason Pierre-Paul, Olivier Vernon accounted for over $30 million in cap space per year and were traded to clear cap and acquire draft capital.  Damon Harrison also fits in that category.

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

There was the changing over of the defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and that has a greater impact on the front seven of a defense.  The next factor cost of a few key players and their perceived value:  Jason Pierre-Paul, Olivier Vernon accounted for over $30 million in cap space per year and were traded to clear cap and acquire draft capital.  Damon Harrison also fits in that category.

Teams have changed from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and kept a majority of their personnel. If anything the LBs are the biggest spot of change in the move.

The fact still remains the team could not maintain a level of talent in a two year period which reflects the roster in its current and previous years.

If there was any player worth developing and building off of he would of been kept regardless of a change of scheme and how bad this roster has been, which Getty is trying to fix.

This shows in the current state of the team being held together with one year FA pickups (Remmers, Golden, etc) and over paid vets.

Which is why I said how bad this roster has been over the last few years that there has been no player worth developing over that time at any vital positions.