SportsWrath

Judge's staff news.

BlueInCanada

Yeah this guy seems interesting. Another big unknown, but one things for sure, things are going to change on defense, and really it can’t get any worse. 

will probably take at least half the season to see if he is any good. 

36 minutes ago, JayD said:

Yeah this guy seems interesting. Another big unknown, but one things for sure, things are going to change on defense, and really it can’t get any worse. 

will probably take at least half the season to see if he is any good. 

More like two to three years before we know what this coaching staff is really about.

Hopefully Mara sticks to his word and doesn't toss them after two losing seasons.

5 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

More like two to three years before we know what this coaching staff is really about.

Hopefully Mara sticks to his word and doesn't toss them after two losing seasons.

You wanted McAdoo or Shurmur for one more year?  McAdoo lost the locker room and Shurmur just lost.  We can make excuses for pages and it keeps coming back to being competitive and winning games.  Lets see if Joe Judge gets the message and keeps his locker room while winning games, he has his work cut out for him.:TU:

1 hour ago, Tempest said:

You wanted McAdoo or Shurmur for one more year?  McAdoo lost the locker room and Shurmur just lost.  We can make excuses for pages and it keeps coming back to being competitive and winning games.  Lets see if Joe Judge gets the message and keeps his locker room while winning games, he has his work cut out for him.:TU:

I agree with this... neither McAdoo nor Shurmer have the leadership traits required for an NFL HC position. 

2 hours ago, Tempest said:

No and I never said they should of gotten more so I don't know where you got that idea lol

I'd like to give Judge a chance instead of hitting reset every two years.

Even Mara admitted that's not how you build a winning team.

Hope he doesn't go back on it is all I said.

This is the same owner who was fed the nonsense you can win while rebuilding and believed it.

On 1/13/2020 at 3:57 PM, JayD said:

Really? I was far more interested in the new DC. This offense was at least able to score points. The D needs to be straightened out far more than the offense. 

Not disagreeing but Shurmur was calling the plays and he is now gone. Hence I was interested more in the OC since we have a young QB who looks every bit a franchise guy, an all world RB and really want a capable OC to put up point consistently - the D well, we didnt have any talent to begin with and now hoping if we can draft Isiah Simmons. 

20 hours ago, BlueInCanada said:

No and I never said they should of gotten more so I don't know where you got that idea lol

I'd like to give Judge a chance instead of hitting reset every two years.

Even Mara admitted that's not how you build a winning team.

Hope he doesn't go back on it is all I said.

This is the same owner who was fed the nonsense you can win while rebuilding and believed it.

Judge is going to have to earn that third year.  I think he can.

22 hours ago, Pdouble said:

Wouldn’t Judge’s staff be a gavel. 

Lol

Also Scott Lienahan former OC for the Cowboys is interviewing today for the Giants.

I would assume that Garrett is pretty much confirmed as the OC and now they are trying to bring in the O staff, Lienahan has previous experience as passing game coordinator and assistant OC.

New RB coach.

Coached that Titans RB who isnt doing so bad.

Per Alex Marvez: Source tells @SiriusXMNFL that Burton Burns will be new @Giants RBs coach. Burns is a long-time RBs coach who most recently was @AlabamaFTBL asst athletic director/football

Equal parts hard-ass, bad ass, and father figure, few position coaches if any have had an impact quite like Coach Burns. Perhaps only Nick Saban and Scott Cochran can lay claim to being as responsible for Alabama’s success as Coach Burns can

Speuclation on the other coaching hires to come according to Art Stapleton on Twitter.

Art Stapleton
@art_stapleton

OL will be either Bill Callahan or Dave DeGuglielmo

TE - we'll see. Kitchens? O'Shea?

Don't think Pepper leaves DC job in XFL

Sounds like Linehan was backup option at OC if Garrett turned them down

Pierce very interesting for LB.

I guess Antontio Pierce might come back to NY, has really excelled coaching wise at Arizona University.

If it happens though put Jackstroud on suicide watch, I don't think he can handle Pierce back on the team.

There is a rumor that Jason Witten will join the staff.

It would be worth it simply to make sure he retires and stops killing us on the field.

Seriously, my favorite non Giants player, and tremendous at the technical aspects of his position. I would be thrilled to have him with us.