SportsWrath

So pick #4, BPA or Need?

BlueInCanada

No where in any single site that I have come across has said that Andrew Thomas is a top 5 pick or even a top 5 athlete in this draft, some even say that Jackson or Wirfs are better OTs in other aspects.

There are obviously going to be much more talented and much better players at pick #4, however I don't want to go into another season with Solder at LT.

So what's everyone's opinions on this?

Do you waste the #4 pick on an obviously much less talented player simply because he fits the need? Or go with one of the better athletes at #4 even if they arent a "need" such as Jeudy, Simmions, etc?

They could trade down to at least 6 if the Chargers are serious about replacing Rivers and want to get up above the Dolphins. At 6 we will have 3 of the top offensive linemen available and IMO it has to be an OT in the first. 

That said my understanding is Gettleman doesn't trade to move down.

48 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Lions might want Stafford replacement themselves...

Could be, but I doubt it simply because he has 4 years left on his contract.

Never know, if that's the case then it just hurts the Giants even more so then.

If Borrows, and Tua are off the board by #4 then no one will trade up to the Giants.

The Lions will no way try and replace Stafford with say a Tua - no way thats happening and definitely not with Stafford's ongoing contract. Lions need help on offense more than defense. They might be looking at a someone like a Jeudy or one of the top RBs - but no one comes close to say a Saquon or a Zeke this year. Lions will definitely throw a spanner in the works if the Giants want to trade down. Giants could ofcourse trade down a lot more if they wanna go for say Wirfs or Simmons instead....this is gonna get interesting on Draft Day.

18 minutes ago, Herc said:

Maybe if gettleman were out, but jones is his guy and ownership prob loves him too.  I’m sure whoever interviewed here knew jones comes with the job 

No. Gettleman made it very clear in his press conference that it was Shurmur who fell in love and was instrumental in drafting Jones. The narrative has already been set.

Just now, Storm said:

No. Gettleman made it very clear in his press conference that it was Shurmur who fell in love and was instrumental in drafting Jones. The narrative has already been set.

He’s tied to the pick regardless of what he says later on.  He knows that 

1 minute ago, Herc said:

He’s tied to the pick regardless of what he says later on.  He knows that 

If you say so. He’s preparing the fans for the possibility because that’s what head coaching changes does.

2 minutes ago, Storm said:

I mean pre draft it was him who fell in love after the firing it was Shurmur.

Only the Giants and scouts really know which is which.

The Mara's also let Getty know that the HC decides if he stays or goes.

So he's just making it worse saying Jones isn't his pick lol