SportsWrath

So pick #4, BPA or Need?

BlueInCanada

Just now, Storm said:

If you say so. He’s preparing the fans for the possibility because that’s what head coaching changes does.

Not usually.

When the GM change occurs is usually when the roster is turned over.

Keep in mind Getty is building the team he wants.

Shurmur had very little to do with roster building and didn't even attending scouting or pro dates.

13 minutes ago, Storm said:

If you say so. He’s preparing the fans for the possibility because that’s what head coaching changes does.

If the qb doesn’t show anything sure but even then it’s rare.  That Murray/Rosen thing doesn’t happen too often with high first round qbs back to back.  It really doesn’t matter what gettleman says, he was in charge when the giants picked jones.  He’s married to him as far as everyone else is concerned.  

38 minutes ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

The gm is responsible for every player on the roster come week 1. The coaches might pick the players that make the team...but the gm gives them the field to choose from

Was it Parcells who argued that if he's expected to cook a meal, he should be able to buy the ingredients too?

9 minutes ago, gmenroc said:

Was it Parcells who argued that if he's expected to cook a meal, he should be able to buy the ingredients too?

Possible...im not sure. But whoever it was is correct for saying it.

Its the gm that picks the players that end up on the 53 and beyond

On 1/14/2020 at 10:40 AM, BlueInCanada said:

With the game Simmons just had I think he's the pick at #4.

Can rush the passer stop the run and cover TEs and RBs.

This draft is way to deep at OT and weak at DL and LB to pass on an impact player like him.

Amen. I too feel Isiah is the pick, unless inexplicably Skins and Lions go full retard and he drops to us at No.1

That number 4 pick might be a really valuable one for someone looking for a QB...  I mean you have to assume the Bengals take Burrow, and the Skins and Lions will not be going QB and right after the Giants the Dolphins will most likely be looking at QB, so if someone really wants Tua they might pay handsomely 

30 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

That number 4 pick might be a really valuable one for someone looking for a QB...  I mean you have to assume the Bengals take Burrow, and the Skins and Lions will not be going QB and right after the Giants the Dolphins will most likely be looking at QB, so if someone really wants Tua they might pay handsomely 

It all depends on the Lions honestly.

They have a talented roster and could afford to trade back or they might even be in the QB market with Stafford coming off the season ending injury.

If the Lions take a player at #3 then the Giants could have a decent opportunity to trade down but it's a lot easier said then done from everything I've read about the draft.

Easy to do it in Madden, almost a cluster fuck of phone calls in real life.

2 minutes ago, BlueInCanada said:

It all depends on the Lions honestly.

They have a talented roster and could afford to trade back or they might even be in the QB market with Stafford coming off the season ending injury.

If the Lions take a player at #3 then the Giants could have a decent opportunity to trade down but it's a lot easier said then done from everything I've read about the draft.

Easy to do it in Madden, almost a cluster fuck of phone calls in real life.

Life isn't Madden?  LOL

Also Gettlemen does not seem to be a big fan of the trading down if he has someone he is targeting on the board

45 minutes ago, GorillaNJ said:

Life isn't Madden?  LOL

Also Gettlemen does not seem to be a big fan of the trading down if he has someone he is targeting on the board

I have no problem with them staying put and grabbing like Simmons, like you said Getty doesn't have a history of trading down but maybe one of them "computer folks" he hired can convince him otherwise.

But if the top three are Burrows, Young, Simmons then I don't want Thomas at#4.

Trade back into a few picks and go for another OT in the top 10 IMO or even that other pass rusher who's making waves Espe something.

13 minutes ago, Storm said:

Stafford broke his back. He broke his back. Spinal.

Not sure why the Lions wouldn’t be in the market for a qb prospect.

Doesn't have to be a first round pick though if they don't believe in Tua.

Stafford by reports is ready to go for the offseason programs. They obviously need to address the backup situation but that could be solved in FA or the second, third rounds where more QBs are being grabbed and starting in a year or two.

Who the fuck knows though they could sign Eli on the offseason.

Lions cant afford to go QB at this point - not with Stafford's existing contract. Plus Stafford's injury doesnt involve extensive rehab. Lions might go for Jeudy to pair with Golladay. I hope thats the case so we can land Simmons. I for one wont mind a trade down and pick up Gross-Matos or Epenesa from Iowa or maybe both!

On 1/14/2020 at 12:10 AM, BlueInCanada said:

With the game Simmons just had I think he's the pick at #4.

Can rush the passer stop the run and cover TEs and RBs.

This draft is way to deep at OT and weak at DL and LB to pass on an impact player like him.

This does sound good, except I don't know what you mean by "cover the TE." I've been watching Giants games a long time and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to do that. 

43 minutes ago, Treehugger said:

From what I've read Simmons would be a dream fit for Graham's scheme.

You know, it's funny... I've read the same thing and I think he'd be super interesting to watch... but I also wonder if he's the straw that stirs the drink... would the whole defense fall apart when he's inevitably out for 6 weeks? There's also the whole, "if you have three positions, then you really don't have one..."

For the record though, I love him as a player and I'm not even sure I subscribe to those two ideas. 

1 hour ago, Sephiroth said:

This does sound good, except I don't know what you mean by "cover the TE." I've been watching Giants games a long time and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to do that. 

You know, it's funny... I've read the same thing and I think he'd be super interesting to watch... but I also wonder if he's the straw that stirs the drink... would the whole defense fall apart when he's inevitably out for 6 weeks? There's also the whole, "if you have three positions, then you really don't have one..."

For the record though, I love him as a player and I'm not even sure I subscribe to those two ideas. 

This does sound good, except I don't know what you mean by "cover the TE." I've been watching Giants games a long time and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to do that

That was funny...i really did laugh out loud.

29 minutes ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

This does sound good, except I don't know what you mean by "cover the TE." I've been watching Giants games a long time and I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to do that

That was funny...i really did laugh out loud.

I'll be here all week. 

Is Simmons black? If so, how black? Did he go to or think about going to Howard or Grambling? Did he go to high school at a school that isn’t keen on academics for their athletes? And is that high school in coconut grove or overtown or liberty city Miami? Or Birmingham Alabama or Jackson Mississippi or Augusta Georgia?

and is he from a single parent home with a mother that works three jobs and has never known his father? And do all his siblings have different last names? And is his first name unique and spelled questionably? 

does he have relatives in the Congo or Uganda? Or the West Indies?

If the answer is yes to at least half of those inquiries, then I like him too

On 1/15/2020 at 9:12 AM, BlueInCanada said:

I have no problem with them staying put and grabbing like Simmons, like you said Getty doesn't have a history of trading down but maybe one of them "computer folks" he hired can convince him otherwise.

But if the top three are Burrows, Young, Simmons then I don't want Thomas at#4.

Trade back into a few picks and go for another OT in the top 10 IMO or even that other pass rusher who's making waves Espe something.

Lmao.... love the dig @ “computer folks”

17 hours ago, MakeMeSomeFoodHo said:

Is Simmons black? If so, how black? Did he go to or think about going to Howard or Grambling? Did he go to high school at a school that isn’t keen on academics for their athletes? And is that high school in coconut grove or overtown or liberty city Miami? Or Birmingham Alabama or Jackson Mississippi or Augusta Georgia?

and is he from a single parent home with a mother that works three jobs and has never known his father? And do all his siblings have different last names? And is his first name unique and spelled questionably? 

does he have relatives in the Congo or Uganda? Or the West Indies?

If the answer is yes to at least half of those inquiries, then I like him too

Lmao