SportsWrath

Mike Shula Sucks

Lughead

I disagree that other QBs would do just as bad behind this line. Any competent and more mobile QB would do much better (Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson, Big Ben, Luck, etc)

Bad line + Eli being a statue is a killer.

Justin Herbert as a #1 pick is starting to look pretty good.

You are absolutely right. I dont know if some people only watch Giants games or just refuse to take off the 2007-2011 glasses but the game has evolved and passed Manning and the Giants organization by. They are a bottom feeding and embarrassing to watch. I feel bad for guys like Beckham and Barkley who have to deal with this while Mannings contract prohibits the growth and evolution of the team.

You are absolutely right. I dont know if some people only watch Giants games or just refuse to take off the 2007-2011 glasses but the game has evolved and passed Manning and the Giants organization by. They are a bottom feeding and embarrassing to watch. I feel bad for guys like Beckham and Barkley who have to deal with this while Mannings contract prohibits the growth and evolution of the team.

Ive been saying this for a while.... a team shouldnt wait till the QBs arm falls off.... Eli has been mediocre for a very long time.

You guys should follow Brian Baldinger in Twitter. He has some nice film breakdown of just how limited Mannings downfield vision (and Shurmurs play design) really is. The 3rd and 14 dump off to Shepherd? No pressure and Beckham was coming wide open at the top of his route.

You guys should follow Brian Baldinger in Twitter. He has some nice film breakdown of just how limited Mannings downfield vision (and Shurmurs play design) really is. The 3rd and 14 dump off to Shepherd? No pressure and Beckham was coming wide open at the top of his route.

He was very complimentary vs Texans.

I said that too in the gameday thread. Beckham was wide open on that play and would have been an easy 6.

I am going to have to follow his twitter I guess.. I like his little breakdowns.

I've been watching those each week.... not this week yet though. Will later.

I'm not positive, but I think that may have been one of the plays that stood out to me too where it was plainly obvious that Eli's internal pass rush alarm was going off way, way early. That one and one of the sacks where he curled up into a ball before he was even that close to being hit.

Football is fickle- who'd a thunk it? One thing I admire about you ,storm, is you're consistently negative...

I just have always been against the direction all these guys were trying to take the offense. You cant dink and dunk teams to death.

Ive been saying this for a while.... a team shouldnt wait till the QBs arm falls off.... Eli has been mediocre for a very long time.

Problem isn't Eli and Giants will draft the franchise QB when they are good and ready. Oddly that is not when we think they should be.

Blah-blah.gif

The coaches have changed twice. The line has been rearranged numerous time. New running backs; now likely another offensive rookie of the year at RB. All pro wide receiver, legitimate slot threat/possession WR. Pass catching tight end who can work the middle of the field. None of it has helped. The one constant is Eli Manning. Guys, this is a common observation from non-Giants fans. And its correct. Manning IS the problem with this team.

Problem isn't Eli and Giants will draft the franchise QB when they are good and ready. Oddly that is not when we think they should be.

Who are we kidding? The problem isn't only one person but Eli has been part of the problem. Look at all the NFL starters today.. will Eli make your top half of the list based on his play since 2012?

Who are we kidding? The problem isn't only one person but Eli has been part of the problem. Look at all the NFL starters today.. will Eli make your top half of the list based on his play since 2012?

The list of all starters since 2012? yes

Part of the problem and also the solution. Like most QB's, he plays better with an offensive line that can block and a running game. I'd have a hard time finding any NY Giants since 2012 to consider top of the NFL.

Giants are on the roster today that were on the roster in 2012. The answer is 2. Have the NY Giants been on the top half of the league since 2012? No

Eli Manning is still the best option at QB for the Giants and of all the other things going wrong right now, not my first target of players to blame. He won't be around for much longer and we'll have a new scapegoat.

Part of the problem and also the solution. Like most QB's, he plays better with an offensive line that can block and a running game. I'd have a hard time finding any NY Giants since 2012 to consider top of the NFL.

Giants are on the roster today that were on the roster in 2012. The answer is 2. Have the NY Giants been on the top half of the league since 2012? No

Eli Manning is still the best option at QB for the Giants and of all the other things going wrong right now, not my first target of players to blame. He won't be around for much longer and we'll have a new scapegoat.

giphy.gif

2012 was 7 years ago! The average NFL career lasts 3.3 years! Lets not pretend that what you just posted has any relevance whatsoever to the current predicament. Find me a team that has a significant number more on their roster than the Giants. My guess is that the Pats have one.

2012 was 7 years ago! The average NFL career lasts 3.3 years! Lets not pretend that what you just posted has any relevance whatsoever to the current predicament. Find me a team that has a significant number more on their roster than the Giants. My guess is that the Pats have one.

2012 was 6 years ago and the year Nas picked as a reference. Which number would you like Drizzle? What I posted is the simple truth of the last six years. Giants have not been a good team for years now. The roster has been turned over. Management has been turned over. Coaching has been turned over. Eli Manning has been sacked 15 times this season in 4 games. Enough of the bullshit blaming Eli Manning for the Giants losing. The offensive line hasn't gotten the job done in years and the running game has been dead for years.

I'm with Tempest.

I know Eli isn't playing well, but his issues are fixable so long as he still truly wants to play.

Not agreeing at all with the mobility concerns, honestly I think he's right where he's always been, still quick enough in the pocket, he's just much more judicious now when it comes to extending plays. Which is probably a good thing.

Only thing wrong with Eli is his internal clock.

2012 was 6 years ago and the year Nas picked as a reference. Which number would you like Drizzle? What I posted is the simple truth of the last six years. Giants have not been a good team for years now. The roster has been turned over. Management has been turned over. Coaching has been turned over. Eli Manning has been sacked 15 times this season in 4 games. Enough of the bullshit blaming Eli Manning for the Giants losing. The offensive line hasn't gotten the job done in years and the running game has been dead for years.

I assumed he meant the 11-12 season which was our last Super Bowl, lol. Which was indeed 7 years/seasons ago. There are no teams in the league with a roster comprised of players entirely in their late 20s early 30s. The single constant has been Eli Manning. Youre saying that the wind has to be just right, the moon has to be full, it has to be a Sunday in December, and he has to have a full 7 seconds of a clear pocket to be successful. Im sorry, but it just cant happen. He is not a play maker at quarter back and that is absolutely a huge problem in todays NFL.