SportsWrath

Giants trade down?

Sephiroth

Because it is true. We talk about how often Jerry missed with those third round picks. He did better with third round picks than drafting offensive linemen...

But he did draft and sign a number of Oline players.

He just couldn't find a good one if his life depended on it.

I mean he could of started trading for a bunch, but really he would of just ended up trading for the Nate Solders of the league.

He drafted three in the top 30something picks of the draft... he missed on the picks, but you can't say he didn't value the position.

If anything, he over drafted a few guys, like Pugh.

Three what? Offensive linemen? No he has only drafted two in the first round in the ten years as general manager. Only two in the second round in ten years... He drafted Pugh because McKenzie retired and there was nobody on the roster who could step up.

Reese blew it and got fired for it.

Three what? Offensive linemen? No he has only drafted two in the first round in the ten years as general manager. Only two in the second round in ten years... He drafted Pugh because McKenzie retired and there was nobody on the roster who could step up.

eh, so I was off four picks on Richburg (pick #43.... I thought he was like pick 38 or 39, lol).... I think the point stands just as well.... four offensive linemen in the top two rounds? That's about where it should be.

Reese gets a bad rap in that respect.... he missed his picks, but at least as far as his philosophy on the value of the OL goes, he's dead right.

Holy shit he was a gm for 10 years? Were fucking old.

eh, so I was off four picks on Richburg (pick #43.... I thought he was like pick 38 or 39, lol).... I think the point stands just as well.... four offensive linemen in the top two rounds? That's about where it should be.

Reese gets a bad rap in that respect.... he missed his picks, but at least as far as his philosophy on the value of the OL goes, he's dead right.

I guess the verdict is he really has a hard time recognizing talent.

Last year is where he really deserved it. Wvery giant fan with half a brain saw an 11-5 team that just needed an offensive line to be dangerous and he completely ignored it

Last year is where he really deserved it. Wvery giant fan with half a brain saw an 11-5 team that just needed an offensive line to be dangerous and he completely ignored it

That is true. But as bad as it was, there were already three high picks on the line, so I get why the reluctance to put more resources on the position.

Actually even with an offensive line, I don't think the team makes the playoffs.

McAdoos offense was figured out/exposed in the first two weeks of the season.

The guy was just the worst fucking OC to ever coach in the NFL.

Fuck he was bad.

Now if Sullivan was calling the plays from day one with an Oline, maybe a different story.

Assuming Darnold goes #1 overall, if Nelson is a potential perennial pro bowler, Id have no problem with taking him. Id prefer him at 5 in a trade down, but wouldnt be upset with 2. Im just very luke warm on Rosen, Mayfield and Allen, and not sure about Barkley without an offensive line.

Otherwise, if Darnold is there at 2, I say take him.

Holy shit he was a gm for 10 years? Were fucking old.

Yeah now think about how long it has been since the Giant's message board when we were complaining about Accorsi and his offensive line.

Man we are not old but we have seen some shit through the years. :cheers:

Actually even with an offensive line, I don't think the team makes the playoffs.

McAdoos offense was figured out/exposed in the first two weeks of the season.

The guy was just the worst fucking OC to ever coach in the NFL.

Fuck he was bad.

Now if Sullivan was calling the plays from day one with an Oline, maybe a different story.

Yeah we would have had a better 2017 season with Sullivan calling the offense and a better offensive line.

Yeah now think about how long it has been since the Giant's message board when we were complaining about Accorsi and his offensive line.

Man we are not old but we have seen some shit through the years. :cheers:

Been around since before CE was shut down on the old boards...hard to think we've been posting that long.

Have only been back to those boards a handful of times since...I like the fact that most here are intelligent in their responses...meaning they might not always agree, but they think shit thru. Back on old boards, it was homerism. If you disagreed with a move the Giants made, you were an asshole or non-fan.

Been around since before CE was shut down on the old boards...hard to think we've been posting that long.

Have only been back to those boards a handful of times since...I like the fact that most here are intelligent in their responses...meaning they might not always agree, but they think shit thru. Back on old boards, it was homerism. If you disagreed with a move the Giants made, you were an asshole or non-fan.

Never been back since I left and yeah it really is something to have been posting this long with so many of you. :giants: