SportsWrath

Giants will reportedly cut Victor Cruz unless WR takes a pay cut.

Nas

I think Cruz takes the paycut, him and his agent know he's basically a broken commodity with no value until he can prove otherwise in free agency.

He'd be an idiot not to take the paycut.

Plus I think he can still be a solid slot WR in the NFL, if he doesnt end up on the IR again that is.

Cool straw man. Pretty sure it's because he has a 9 million dollar hit and hasn't played in two years

...and his knee is hanging by a thread which means he'd be the most expensive water boy. If he can even hold that position without his knee blowing apart again.

If healthy, Cruz could be a very good complement to OBJ. I don't think you just walk away from that without knowing. I think they should rework it to a 1 or 2 year deal in the 4-5 mil per year range. That would allow Cruz one last shot at a bigger deal if he comes back healthy and contributes.

If healthy, Cruz could be a very good complement to OBJ. I don't think you just walk away from that without knowing. I think they should rework it to a 1 or 2 year deal in the 4-5 mil per year range. That would allow Cruz one last shot at a bigger deal if he comes back healthy and contributes.

I can say about so many other WR's that have played more than six games in two years. Last time Cruz was good was 2012. It's over

I think 4-5 mil isn't worth the risk. His production had gone down every season since his breakout year anyway even before the injury

That can in large part be attributed to not having a stellar WR opposite of him... The big question mark remains is his physical status.... Will he ever be the same or near the same.. etc.

Which is why I never liked his contract to begin with. Why are we giving #1 wr money (it was a top ten we contract when we gave it to him) to a guy who can't produce top numbers without a #1 lined up with him? But that's in the past.

Like you said gis health is a big question, and 4-5 mil a year makes it an incredibly expensive question. Benjamin, Matthews, jones, and kearse should all fall into the 3-6 mil range. I'd rather cut Cruz, sign one of the above mentioned guys, put Harris in the slot, and have the extra 6 mil to fix the defense.

Which is why I never liked his contract to begin with. Why are we giving #1 wr money (it was a top ten we contract when we gave it to him) to a guy who can't produce top numbers without a #1 lined up with him? But that's in the past.

Like you said gis health is a big question, and 4-5 mil a year makes it an incredibly expensive question. Benjamin, Matthews, jones, and kearse should all fall into the 3-6 mil range. I'd rather cut Cruz, sign one of the above mentioned guys, put Harris in the slot, and have the extra 6 mil to fix the defense.

In total agreement here.

Or a running game and a Qb behind a patchwork offensive line but MOTHFUCKING VICTOR CRUZ MADE $9 MILLION! He should be making less by consensus.

Once again reason why Cruz got that contract is because he played at that level opposite of a complement on the other side of the field. Nicks didn't get that contract because he didn't play at that level.

We tried to make Cruz the compliment to OBJ and he didn't play a down. That's "knowing." It's not like he just had the surgery on his knee last month.

If he comes back it needs to be near the vet minimum and laden with incentives. Otherwise he needs to go... that's 7 million we could use to sign players that will actually help the team.