SportsWrath

Giants will reportedly cut Victor Cruz unless WR takes a pay cut.

Nas

Or a running game and a Qb behind a patchwork offensive line but MOTHFUCKING VICTOR CRUZ MADE $9 MILLION! He should be making less by consensus.

Once again reason why Cruz got that contract is because he played at that level opposite of a complement on the other side of the field. Nicks didn't get that contract because he didn't play at that level.

He's a slot receiver who can't put up big numbers without a real number 1 wr playing with him. Antonio brown doesn't need that. Calvin Johnson didn't need that. Dez doesn't need that. Deandre Hopkins doesn't need that. Those are guys you pay. cruz is basically randle cobb. You can't reconcile paying him the money that it takes to bring someone here for him to put up big numbers. Not sure where nicks comes into play here but you're kinda all over the place anyway.

This isn't about punishing victor cruz, it's about 2016 and appropriately allocating cap space by weighing risk/reward and evaluating potential opportunity cost like passing up on the guys I mentioned in my last post. Three years ago I wanted to cut Cory Webster and his 6 mil cap number because Sean smith and Aqib talib were available for cheap. Talib signed for 1 year 5 mil, smith for 3 years 18 million. Both played way better than Webster who was banged up as usual. I'd like to avoid a situation like that again. I promise I don't hate Cory Webster and victor Cruz and I fully support treating them like the legends that they are for being part of a giant championship team next time we honor that team at halftime :rolleyes:

I didn't mean to advocate for Cruz's signing. All I'm saying is that he's worth a true evaluation of the calf/knee before completely cutting ties. That's all.

In all likelihood, I think his career is essentially over.

He could come back and surprise us all though and if he were to do so, I'd just like to see that happen in blue, that's all.

I didn't mean to advocate for Cruz's signing. All I'm saying is that he's worth a true evaluation of the calf/knee before completely cutting ties. That's all.

In all likelihood, I think his career is essentially over.

He could come back and surprise us all though and if he were to do so, I'd just like to see that happen in blue, that's all.

Plus if we cut him before june 1st there is 3.8million in dead money anyway. So it's smart to try to keep him at a paycut. anytime after june 1st or after next season we can cut him with only a 1.8 or 1.9 million dead money cap hit.

The smart move is try to get him back at a pay cut.

He's a slot receiver who can't put up big numbers without a real number 1 wr playing with him. Antonio brown doesn't need that. Calvin Johnson didn't need that. Dez doesn't need that. Deandre Hopkins doesn't need that. Those are guys you pay. cruz is basically randle cobb. You can't reconcile paying him the money that it takes to bring someone here for him to put up big numbers. Not sure where nicks comes into play here but you're kinda all over the place anyway.

This isn't about punishing victor cruz, it's about 2016 and appropriately allocating cap space by weighing risk/reward and evaluating potential opportunity cost like passing up on the guys I mentioned in my last post. Three years ago I wanted to cut Cory Webster and his 6 mil cap number because Sean smith and Aqib talib were available for cheap. Talib signed for 1 year 5 mil, smith for 3 years 18 million. Both played way better than Webster who was banged up as usual. I'd like to avoid a situation like that again. I promise I don't hate Cory Webster and victor Cruz and I fully support treating them like the legends that they are for being part of a giant championship team next time we honor that team at halftime :rolleyes:

This guy on this team can do this and that other guy can do that...

Remember when we passed on signing Antonio Brown, Dez Bryant, and Calvin Johnson because we had Victor Cruz?

Ah but if we don't do something about Victor Cruz now well...Cory Webster.

Yeah I think it is ridiculous. There are only three other teams with more cap space than the Giants so this isn't about having money for players.

If healthy, Cruz could be a very good complement to OBJ. I don't think you just walk away from that without knowing. I think they should rework it to a 1 or 2 year deal in the 4-5 mil per year range. That would allow Cruz one last shot at a bigger deal if he comes back healthy and contributes.

2 years wasn't enough time to figure that out? Boy that Reese sure is an idiot.

Who cares about the other teams? It's about being able able to fit as many quality players as we can under the cap.

The rest of your post makes 0 sense.

Your last post made no sense, I pointed that out already. We already have the cap space and now we just need to convince them to come here.