SportsWrath

That loss is 100% on Coughlin

JMFP

I just can't get over the fact that if Eli had just placed the throw to Nicks in front of him instead of low and behind, Nicks would have walked in for a TD and we'd be all smiles today.

You could blame the game on any number of plays, I know, but that one really erks me.

Man you nailed it. Bothers me more than the Beckham non catch for a touchdown in the endzone.

Man you nailed it. Bothers me more than the Beckham non catch for a touchdown in the endzone.

Agreed. Tree on the money. Was a horrible throw by Eli. Should have been an easy Nicks TD instead nicks has to cradle catch it just to make sure it even gets caught by a Blue Jersey leaving the ball at the 1 instead of 2-3 yards deep in the endzone

I thought going for the TD on 4th & 2 was a horrible decision and I'm a little surprised that some are defending it, including some TC haters. But that decision and ensuing controversy obscures the REAL reason we lost: three times we had 1st and goal and came up with a total of 6 points. Been that way all year - Giants are 31st in scoring TDs in the red zone.......which was the main reason I was LOUDLY opposed to going for it - history told me we didn't have a great chance of making it.

Honestly Prince matches up better with Marshall for a whole game. DRC matches better with him in certain spots.

But Marshall is one of the most physical WRs if not the most physical WR in the NFL, if DRC has any weakness its that he isn't the most physical. Although DRC has the size (which is why they played him on Marshall some snaps) he can't physicLly battle Marshall a whole game. DRC is elite amongst the speed guys.

Prince, one of his biggest strengths his how physical he is and his tackling for a CB so him on MarshAll I didnt hVe much issue with in most situations.

So they let Marshall and Decker run slants against them all game? Neither one of those guys is particularly effective at defending slants and short routes...but that is at least partly on the defensive scheme.

I thought going for the TD on 4th & 2 was a horrible decision and I'm a little surprised that some are defending it, including some TC haters. But that decision and ensuing controversy obscures the REAL reason we lost: three times we had 1st and goal and came up with a total of 6 points. Been that way all year - Giants are 31st in scoring TDs in the red zone.......which was the main reason I was LOUDLY opposed to going for it - history told me we didn't have a great chance of making it.

I liked it because the defense was putting good pressure on Fitz most of the game so at the very least if we bury them deep. we had a good chance to get it back with good Field Position. I didn't like that we had no fucking idea of a play drawn up to get into the end zone. Eli stood there like Moses, waiting for the red seas to part. And I certainly didn't like that Fitz all of a sudden had plenty of time to surgically remove the hearts of giants fans. No coffee for the Giants- Coffee's for closers...

The fact that we are inept on the redzone is a good point for not going for it but the jets were right back in scoring position without even getting to a third down. We all knew they were going to be getting scores. I don't think its a slam dunk decision either way but if I have to choose I'm choosing to make it a three score lead

So they let Marshall and Decker run slants against them all game? Neither one of those guys is particularly effective at defending slants and short routes...but that is at least partly on the defensive scheme.

Which shows just how terrible our LBs really are. The worst is when JPP or Moore would run a player down from behind. When a DE is able to make the tackle 10-15 yards down field something is very wrong.

It all comes down to these last 4 games

If we somehow manage to win the NFC East - TC stays

If we miss the playoffs - TC retires , Jerry is fired.

Simple

Yup.

And if they miss the playoffs it will be partly due to a coaching staff who gambled too often

Beckham was doubled, he was not open. However, the decision to throw it where he did was asinine, reckless, and not totally unexpected, since we've seen that kind of decision many times before down by the end zone. The decision to go for it I didn't have a problem with. You live with the consequences of a decision like that, but at the time, it was a decision to go up 3 scores, when you're up two, and a FG would still have you only up two. So no issue with the call, it's just we have a QB that makes questionable decisions with the football often.

I had a problem with going for it instead of taking the points... The Jets would need 2 TDs and we only need 1FG to win.... 2 TDs mean they wiukd have to drive up the field chewing up some time... Speaking of time... Clock management sucked again... Thats on Eli.

Very frustrating. I had a bad feeling about this matchup but I just dismissed it knowing our cb duo is good but yes between scheme and getting outmatched/played it was very frustrating.

I'm really not overly impressed with anyone besides Odell right now lol.

I had a problem with going for it instead of taking the points... The Jets would need 2 TDs and we only need 1FG to win.... 2 TDs mean they wiukd have to drive up the field chewing up some time... Speaking of time... Clock management sucked again... Thats on Eli.

Time management is 100% on the head coach. He should be TELLING the Coordinator and QB what to do. He doesn't, and they are left to their own (stupid) devices.

Great coach, thanks for the awesome memories...time for him to spend time with the grandkids.

Time management is 100% on the head coach. He should be TELLING the Coordinator and QB what to do. He doesn't, and they are left to their own (stupid) devices.

Great coach, thanks for the awesome memories...time for him to spend time with the grandkids.

That maybe true to an extent but if you're a seasoned QB with 10+ years in the league, the coach telling you to manage the clock better should be insulting...

You can't manage the clock without a running game or a commitment to it.

All I asked is when you're trying to milk the clock (run or pass) don't snap the ball with 11 seconds remaining on the play clock... besides, you can run for zero yards and still take out 40 seconds or force the opposing team to spend a TO... it's sad we're arguing over football 101...

• 1 month later...