SportsWrath

That loss is 100% on Coughlin

JMFP

This is not a time for sadness. It is a time of rejoicing.

The Bill Cowher era has begun.

Cowher would have kicked the field goal.

I've lost track of how many games the Giants have now lost because of questionable 4th quarter decisions....this is at least the 3rd loss, probably 4th or even 5th depending on how tight you call them.

Absolutely should have taken the 3, especially when you consider how horrible we were on 3rd and short all game! Also needed to get into the end zone instead of kicking FGs twice when we had 1st and goal. And can the D ever make a stop when it matters??????

^^^ Agree, not necessarily on Cowher, but the team needs a new start. With all respect... nothing will change the fact that Coughlin is a great man and a great coach.

Moreover, I'm sure Ryan Nassib can be just as mediocre for about $19 million plus less per year. Don't care if I get flamed for that, it's a disturbing body of work at this point.

I shit you not, when they decided to go for it on 4th and Goal.... not only did I know they wouldn't make it, but I knew they would eventually lose the game.

Has Coughlin seen his defense?....this is a defense that needs every fucking offensive point that is there for the taking.

Instead, he turned this into a another loss.

I'm fucking done watching this shit show live. From here on out, it's DVR time with these idiots.

I really, really, really hope that TC's wife tells him to retire so the Giants don't have to fire him. The guy deserves to go out with his head held high, but he still needs to go out.

I don't really mind that call. In hindsight, it sucked. But so did the playcall that they decided to use on the play. And Eli Manning's decision making. Score a touchdown there and the game is over. Kick a field goal and it's still a two score game. But god forbid the defense comes out and makes one fucking stop.

^^^ Agree, not necessarily on Cowher, but the team needs a new start. With all respect... nothing will change the fact that Coughlin is a great man and a great coach.

Moreover, I'm sure Ryan Nassib can be just as mediocre for about $19 million plus less per year. Don't care if I get flamed for that, it's a disturbing body of work at this point.

Manning has pretty stats because of a guy named Odell Beckham. His decision making is in the toilet.

And what's with not even looking at Will Tye's direction the entire second half?

I thought the defense was heroic today. I'm serious. Spag's side of the ball was not the problem, they played damn hard and made enough stops to win the game against an offense that has beaten up on their fair share of teams.

Not acceptable for our quarterback to go the entire 2nd half without scoring a point. In fact, the defense and special teams were responsible for 10 points, so the offense gave us 1 long catch and run by Odell and a FG today. A week after losing to the 'Skins with the division up in the air.

Time to turn the page.

A field goal would only put the Giants up by 13. Not enough points for the defense to secure the win. Coughlin was going for the game. He couldn't chance only being up by 13.

Yeah, with the way that game was going, there's no way the Jets don't make the 4th down conversion for a touchdown on their second to last drive. If anything, taking the 3 points would have spared us overtime and some poor Eli Manning throws.

A field goal would only put the Giants up by 13. Not enough points for the defense to secure the win. Coughlin was going for the game. He couldn't chance only being up by 13.

I understand that but the reason I was screaming to take the 3 was our futility on 3rd and short and on the goal line situations in our previous trips. When you decide to go for it there, you have to be pretty damn certain you have a play that will work and I saw nothing all day to justify such confidence........and that's just the way it looked - that play was f*cked from the snap!

I shit you not, when they decided to go for it on 4th and Goal.... not only did I know they wouldn't make it, but I knew they would eventually lose the game.

Has Coughlin seen his defense?....this is a defense that needs every fucking offensive point that is there for the taking.

Instead, he turned this into a another loss.

I'm fucking done watching this shit show live. From here on out, it's DVR time with these idiots.

I really, really, really hope that TC's wife tells him to retire so the Giants don't have to fire him. The guy deserves to go out with his head held high, but he still needs to go out.

Exactly. Team is predictable for when they'll lose

Yeah, with the way that game was going, there's no way the Jets don't make the 4th down conversion for a touchdown on their second to last drive. If anything, taking the 3 points would have spared us overtime and some poor Eli Manning throws.

This^ How about playing to win?

My educated guess is that the probability of winning a game when you are up 13 with XXX amount of time on the clock is substantially higher than winning when up by 10.

But Coughlin likes to live dangerously with a mediocre roster.....hence the 5-7 record.

I don't have any problems with being aggressive there. What I have problems with are the same, inept, insane, playcalls to try to score in the red zone and close out the final four minutes of a game. It's the same old bullshit that hasn't worked the last 5 games we've blown in the final 2 minutes of the game.

How about getting creative and drawing up plays designed to get Odell Beckham open in the red zone instead of trying to constantly force in to Reuben Randle? And how many times are they going to force a pass to Reuben Randle only to see it get intercepted until they realize that the man can't run routes? How about designing some plays a la the Saints game (or was it Cowboys, round 2?) where Beckham gets open on a pick play? That is literally the only use that Randle has in the red zone...to get in the fucking way because that's all he fucking does.

And I am so fucking sick and tired of Ben McAdoo's playcalling....already. I'm pretty sure that the man only runs the ball because he's been told once that you're supposed to. We never, ever run in any formation other than the shotgun. He never, ever calls a sweep or off-tackle. And just the running back by committee situation is asinine. Andre Williams is the guy you choose to feature when you finally decide to feature someone!? Are you fucking oblivious, Ben McAdoo?! The running game isn't great, but it's rendered completely ineffective because he can't ever give a guy some time to warm up....some time to see what the defense is doing in real game situations....to see how his line is blocking and how the holes and creases are forming.

Instead, it's like they use Beckham has a decoy down in the red zone and pray that lesser talent makes plays. Lining him solo by himself on the near side? You're asking for him to get double covered.

And how the fuck can Eric Decker so easily find a spot in the middle of the field and sit there on 4 straight plays?!

And they literally made Bilal Powell (who?!) look like vintage LaDanian Tomlinson in that screen game.

Beckham was doubled, he was not open. However, the decision to throw it where he did was asinine, reckless, and not totally unexpected, since we've seen that kind of decision many times before down by the end zone. The decision to go for it I didn't have a problem with. You live with the consequences of a decision like that, but at the time, it was a decision to go up 3 scores, when you're up two, and a FG would still have you only up two. So no issue with the call, it's just we have a QB that makes questionable decisions with the football often.