SportsWrath

2nd round possibilities

mastershake

DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa from UCLA

TE Maxx Williams, who I thought was going in the first round.

DT Eddie Goldman, another guy I believe is a first round talent.

Agree on Landon Collins, didn't think he'd be available still.

Fuck I wanted Agholor in the second round, fuck the Eagles.

The guy is a playmaker, whoever is starting for the Eagles is gonna have a real good weapon to throw too.

I think Spags is taping JR on the shoulder to take a look at Gergory if he's still there.

DT Bennet is another I think Spags is salivating over.

Obviously Collins but I don't think he lasts past the Redskins or Chicago.

Defense in the second round I think is the way to go, unless the Giant's think Strong is a WR that will complement OBJ.

I think a big guy like him with the ball skills he has would fit into out wr corps nicely.

I don't know much about Collins but we sure do need a safety and if he's second round value then there's nothing to complain about with that pick

How dumb is Randy Gregory?

I was reading up on an article that says there's more to the story that his use of pot. No one will come out and say what it is, but he apparently has some issues that go beyond the drugs and that the drugs might actually be used as a way to deal with something.....who knows, maybe Tourette’s or some type of psychotic disorder. Whatever it is, apparently most teams are aware of a problem that goes beyond smoking weed.

Players still on the board I'd be keying on:

OG - AJ Cann - I still think that Beatty-Schwartz-Richburg-Pugh-Flowers as it stands right now would benefit from having Cann in the works. If Schwartz goes down again, we'd have depth. We'd also be prepared for Beatty's eventual departure, trotting out a line looking like Flowers-Cann-Richburg-Schwartz-Pugh. Cann being available may be a stretch though given Detroit taking G-Tomlinson at the end of the first with the level of Gs dropping off after Cann and Tomlinson.

SS - Landon Collins - So yeah, nobody, not one mock I saw ANYWHERE, had him dropping out of the first round. Sure, his stock was all over the place....as high as 9 to the Giants given their need at the position but certainly no lower than the Steelers at 22 to replace the retired Polamolu. Giants still have that glaring hole and despite the defensive line needs and the preference of some for another offensive linemen - real consideration should be made for Collins.

DE - Owamagbe Odighizuwa - This is a guy who I really don't know much about. I know we need a help on the defensive line and front 7 of the defense, but this was a guy who was consistently ranked lower than our pick at 9 but higher than our pick at 40, so I didn't give him much attention. I do have him as the next selected DE.

DE - Preston Smith - I expected him to go early in the 2nd round, but with "double-O" still on the board, he may be available to us. I'd love this pick if made.

CB - Jalen Collins or Eric Rowe- Next selected CBs on my list. Would help leverage negotiations with Prince in the offseason. With the Giants facing decisions with Eli, JPP, and Prince in the offseason, thinking ahead and preparing Collins to take over for Prince so that we can resign both JPP and Eli to extensions - might be to our advantage. Sucks that salary cap considerations would come into play for draft day decisions, but I wouldn't exclude salary cap from from the discussion. That said, it certainly wouldn't be the highest determining factor...but it's not to be ignored either.

LBs - Eli Harold or Eric Kendricks or Benardrick McKinney - all would be decent picks here in the 2nd.

All that said, it's safe to say that we will have a chance at scoring another day 1 contributor here in the second round. What we really have to watch out for at this point, is if any team is interested in trading up for the next QB. I've been saying it for weeks now, 2nd round is a really good opportunity for the Giants to trade down. I believe the Browns are interested in a QB and may end up grabbing one here in the 2nd. If another team wants the next QB, we're in a prime place for them to leapfrog the Browns.

Just one man's opinion.

"Baker's Dozen" of Top Players still on the board:

1. Randy Gregory, OLB, Nebraska

2. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR, Oklahoma

3. Jaelen Strong, WR Arizona State

4. La'el Collins, OT, LSU

5. T.J. Clemmings, OT, Pittsburgh

6. Landon Collins, SS, Alabama

7. Maxx Williams, TE, Minnesota

8. Eli Harold, OLB, Virginia

9. Carl Davis, DT, Iowa

10. Jake Fisher, OT, Oregon

11. Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE, UCLA

12. Eric Rowe, CB, Utah

13. Paul Dawson, ILB, TCU

I have to think the Giants are thinking defense with their 2nd pick. They've brought in Spags and he has no new toys and there are some distinct holes....DE, S, CB, LB. Also, the Giants always go def-off or off-def with their 1st and 2nd picks.

Here's the top 10 (according to SBN anyway) left on the board:

DEFENSE (10)

LB Eric Kendricks

LB Bernadrick McKinney

S Landon Collins

CB Ronald Darby

CB Jalen Collins

OLB/DE Eli Harold

DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

DL Preston Smith

DL Eddie Goldman

DL Jordan Phillips

I would be happy with Landon Collins, Eric Kendricks, or Owa Odighizuma

I forgot about Green-Beckham.

Was Jalen Collins the CB who was getting trashed by some analysts as a potential bust, or was that Mayes?

I didn't hear any trashing of him, but the story at LSU is that he failed a few drug tests and they believe that has caused his stock to fall. Every analyst has him down as a first round pick with a high ceiling.

i think that Jerry may go DE in the 2nd round ....and i'd like to see Preston Smith in blue or maybeOwamagbeOdighizuwamaybe ........

Well, in the past the Giants seemed to pick guys whose last names were hard to pronounce so I wouldn't be surprised with Owa.

Personally, if Landon Collins is still there, they just have to take him. BPA + Need. He's been ranked as high as the 8th best player in the draft and as far down as the 2nd half of the 1st round. Surprised he is still there. Probably because he's a safety and that's a position few teams go for early on.

I don't think the Giants are going to consider any character guys here in the second. DGB, La'el Collins, Gregory....maybe they consider them in the 3rd....maybe. But this high in the second, I don't think the Giants bat an eye. Sure, the Giants focused on team captain players last year and perhaps that kind of leadership would help solve some of the issues, but it could also lead to division, tense locker rooms, and unwanted attention. I don't think it's the case where the Giants couldn't handle that kind of situation, but moreso that they choose to avoid it altogether.

There's some concern over Double O's multiple hip surgeries and resulting lack of flexibility and inability to bend around the edge. Sounds like a beast otherwise.

I do like what I read on LB Eric Kendricks. High-motor and smart, and it sounds like all his weaknesses are very fixable.

There's some concern over Double O's multiple hip surgeries and resulting lack of flexibility and inability to bend around the edge. Sounds like a beast otherwise.

I do like what I read on LB Eric Kendricks. High-motor and smart, and it sounds like all his weaknesses are very fixable.

I like that, "Double O"...certainly a lot easier to say than Owamagbe Odighizuwa. I haven't heard one of the talking heads try to pronounce his name yet - should be funny to hear them struggle. Most of them called Scherff, "Sher'-iff", which made me wonder if I am pronouncing his name wrong in my head or if they are just bad.

But yeah - the hip surgeries caused his stock to fall. Every writeup says he would have been up there with the Fowlers and Gregories if not for the hip deal. But every medical professional has said that he's good to go and should have no problems going forward. Still, that's probably in the back of team's minds.

Not sure on the first name, but I saw the last name phonetically at one point.

Oh-Diggy-Zoo-Wah

LOL - I bet when the talking heads are reading their notes or a prompter, that is how they see the name on their paper. And they will probably go with the short version of his first name, "Owa" giving it

"Oh-Wah Oh-Diggy-Zoo-Wah"

Sounds like the words to some of the old pop songs of the late 50's early 60's.

LOL - I bet when the talking heads are reading their notes or a prompter, that is how they see the name on their paper. And they will probably go with the short version of his first name, "Owa" giving it "Oh-Wah Oh-Diggy-Zoo-Wah"

It's begging for a 'zippity doo dah' to be thrown in there.