SportsWrath

2nd round possibilities

mastershake

I'm not sure the second round pick is pegged to a specific side of the team. This is going to be a BPA pick on their board unlike the first round. I've mentioned it a couple of times before and its been stated by scouts and managers for months now that players at this point are more projects than potential starters. With that being said I can see the Giants getting a player they can develop.

Where do you guys see La'el Collins going (the third Collins I'd like to see us get)? He's got to be worth the risk in the 3rd, surely.

Agreed.. I think the risk-reward places him perfectly in the 3rd round...

I think Green-Beckham and maybe even Gregory or on the "do not draft" list.

I've also read that there is more red flags to Gregory than just pot. Gave me the impression he is a Will Hill-level (or worse) head case.

Collins is a different story. I don't draft him tonight at all. But if he's still hanging around in the 4th, that's where I take him. I'm still trying to find starters in the 2nd and 3rd, so I can't take a player that may not ever play a down there. But in the 4th round, it starts to become more of a crap shoot, normally, so why not gamble on a guy you know is a first rounder?

As for Odighizuwa, he was a full participant at the combine. He had the second fastest 40 time among defensive linemen with a 4.62. He had the top vertical leap among DL with 39 inches (if you include linebackers, he was 5th... and Bud Dupree worked out as a LB and leaped 42 inches). He had the top broad jump among DL at 10'7". Down the list at 14th with the 3-cone at 7.36. 2nd in 20 yard shuttle with 4.19. 3rd in the 60 yard shuttle at 11.75.

He rocked it at the combine. He played DE for UCLA last year and had 61 tackles and 11.5 sacks in 13 games.

Some guys are pointing to the mediocre 3-cone as evidence he's not athletic enough with short area quickness to be a great pass rusher. He also benched 225 only 25 times. But I think that with what you're getting, and what you can project in that body... he's a guy you should want to take a chance on.

As for Odighizuwa, he was a full participant at the combine. He had the second fastest 40 time among defensive linemen with a 4.62. He had the top vertical leap among DL with 39 inches (if you include linebackers, he was 5th... and Bud Dupree worked out as a LB and leaped 42 inches). He had the top broad jump among DL at 10'7". Down the list at 14th with the 3-cone at 7.36. 2nd in 20 yard shuttle with 4.19. 3rd in the 60 yard shuttle at 11.75.

He rocked it at the combine. He played DE for UCLA last year and had 61 tackles and 11.5 sacks in 13 games.

Some guys are pointing to the mediocre 3-cone as evidence he's not athletic enough with short area quickness to be a great pass rusher. He also benched 225 only 25 times. But I think that with what you're getting, and what you can project in that body... he's a guy you should want to take a chance on.

Thanks, that's good to hear.

He had 11.5 tackles for loss, and 6.0 sacks last year. 2013, he had 6 tackles for loss and only 3.5 sacks. He also has a history of hip issues including two surgeries.

Every bit as dumb as Shane Ray, yet Ray gets drafted in the first...having the Broncos trade up 5 spots for him at that...coming from a state where pot is legal

Ray is not dumb. He was just a victim of circumstance. Gregory admitted to having an addiction to weed and from what I've heard teams got the sense he wasn't willing to giving it up

Ray is not dumb. He was just a victim of circumstance. Gregory admitted to having an addiction to weed and from what I've heard teams got the sense he wasn't willing to giving it up

Getting caught breaking the law, 3 days before the biggest interview of your life, knowing that it had the potential to drop you or at least negatively impact your career....is dumb.

He had 11.5 tackles for loss, and 6.0 sacks last year. 2013, he had 6 tackles for loss and only 3.5 sacks. He also has a history of hip issues including two surgeries.

Thanks. I thought the 11.5 number was his sack total. Aware of the hip issues, but he's been cleared.

Guys I am looking for tonight

1. Jake Fisher OT Oregon

2. Eric Rowe FS Utah

3. Tyler Lockett WR Kansas St

4. Duke Johnson RB Miami( Would like to reunite hum with Flowers)

5. Ali Marpet OG Hobart

6. Devin Smith WR Ohio St

7. Denzel Perryman LB Miami

8. Ameer Abdullah RB Nebraska

9. Steven Nelson CB Oregon St

10. Paul Dawson LB TCU

Oh forgot Owa Diggy, who was already talked about. Nate Orchard has a pass rusher too

So who is the top 8 for tonight?

Guys I think that should or could go early in the 2nd:

DE's:

Preston Smith

Owa Odi

Danielle Hunter

(I wouldn't be surprised if Preston Smith and maybe even Danielle Hunter are higher on the Giants draft board than Odighizuwa).

DT

Eddie Goldman (one of my favorite picks at 40 if he's there).

SS

Landon Collins

RB (could be on the table)

Tevin Coleman

Ameer Abdullah

Duke Johnson

Jay Ajayi

CB

Ronald Darby

PJ Williams

Jalen Collins

TE

Maxx Williams

LB

Eric Kendricks

Denzel Perryman

Bernardrick McKinney

(I should note that I don't view Eli Harold as a fit for what the Giants like to do and although he is rated as a late first, early second type talent, he more than likely ends up on a team that is looking for a 3-4 edge rush linebacker).

OG

AJ Cann

(Ali Marpet is more of a 3rd round target, imo, just because he's a DIV III school guy and that is a little more risk for #40 overall than I would take).

WR

Jaelen Strong

Devin Smith

Devin Funchess

OT

Jake Fisher

T.J. Clemmings

(Will someone take a chance on La'el Collins here?)

One thing to watch for is where the next group of QBs go... Brett Hundley, Bryce Petty, and Garrett Grayson. I've heard that some people love Brett Hundley so much they think he could be the best QB in this draft. Of course depending on who you listen to, you might hear the same on Petty and Grayson. Look at picks 37-39, the Jets, Redskins, and Bears as teams possibly looking to grab one of these guys. I don't see any team taking a QB 33-36, however. Also, teams like the Browns, Chargers, or maybe even the Rams might want to trade up to 36 to get a QB. That could push some talent to us.

My top choice is Eddie Goldman but I don't think we have a shot at him.

One of the WR's, DE's, CB's, or Landon Collins would also be nice. No matter what, we will have the opportunity to get another very good player at 40. Something tells me Preston Smith is very high on the Giants' board for this pick, too.

I will be ecstatic if we get one of these 3 players tonight:

In no particular order

S Landon Collins

DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa

ILB Eric Kendricks

There are others like WR Jaelen Strong, TE Maxx Williams, and OLB Eli Harold, but they are on the offensive side of the ball and I believe we will go defense.

Can you imagine coming out of this draft after 2 rounds with Ereck Flowers and Landon Collins??? Both were listed in the top 10 on many boards and nearly every board had Collins listed ahead of Flowers and many mocks had us taking Collins or him going ahead of us.

Of course, that's all a moot point because we don't know what the teams and their scouts know. Regardless...I'd have a thrill up my leg

Preston Smith reminds me a lot of Justin Tuck.

He's good, no doubt. I think everyone had him going in the first round.

It should be interesting tonight - especially if there is a run on WR's, QB's or RB's ahead of the Giants.

I think Eli Harold goes ahead of us tonight... a lot of 3-4 teams that will like him. Jets and Redskins are possibilities.

Somebody tonight is going to pull the trigger on Gregory and he's the ideal player in the 3-4. I have a hunch there's a few teams with an itchy trigger finger. I don't want him, but someone will take a chance on him.

We draft one spot further ahead tonight as we flip-flop with St. Louis. We should be picking by 8:00 or so.

My preferences:

S Landon Collins
ILB Eric Kendricks

TE Maxx Williams

Given that we already have a pair of starting-calibre DEs, CBs and WRs, where to my mind any of those three guys listed could be starter week 1.

My preferences:

S Landon Collins

ILB Eric Kendricks

TE Maxx Williams

Given that we already have a pair of starting-calibre DEs, CBs and WRs, where to my mind any of those three guys listed could be starter week 1.

Anyone of those would be a steal - all of them should have gone in the first.

My preferences:

S Landon Collins

ILB Eric Kendricks

TE Maxx Williams

Good call, Tree.