SportsWrath

Todd Gurley?

Bigblue25

Not overly impressed thought I seen more poor tackling and angles than anything else.

I mean if he's the best RB in the draft then I wouldnt mind the Giant's taken him, they need RB help bad.

At the same time if they do pull the trigger they better damn well hit on O-line starters with the next couple of picks or else the guy isnt going to be running for many positive yards.

I do like his cut back ability, seems to know how to bounce back, has the right amount of speed to get away from guys.

I will throw the world's biggest hissy fit if the Giants are so dumb that they burn their top 10 pick on a running back. Most of them flame out and the ones that don't, have the shortest careers of any position.

A running back's success is entirely hooked to the offensive line making holes and stalling linebackers. It's a plug and play position. The days of Jim Brown and Walter Peyton are over. No more pushing little defenders out of the way or running over them. Defensive players are faster, stronger, smarter, and hit harder than ever before and a RB is out on an island about to get his ACL torn or his third concussion.

The last two RB's the Giants picked with their first round pick were Ron Dayne and David Wilson. Ron Dayne was a "can't miss" top notch RB (not) and David "we barely knew thee" Wilson never stood a chance to have a career.

No, no, no, no - no running backs in the first round (or even 2nd or 3rd as far as I'm concerned)

If he's the player the giants view as worthy of their no.9 pick I'll be cool with it.

A top ten worthy running back would be awesome to have.

I don't see it happening, though. I think it's more likely that someone we think will go earlier will drop and we will take them.

i think after 5 mock drafts each these guys are just trying to mix it up a little

They did one that was live, were they each got a pick. It went

1. Winston

2. Mariota

3. Jax-Cooper

4. Raiders-Williams

5. Skins-Fowler

6. Jets-Scherff

7. Bears-White

8. Falcons-Dupree

9. Giants-Gurley

McShay in his actually mock has Jets taking Gurley and Giants drafting Scherff. If the mocked worked out like above, there's not another olineman worth the 9th pick. I would probably go Parker in their scenario, who they have going 10 to Rams. Also they didn't have Beasley in the 1st round

If he's the player the giants view as worthy of their no.9 pick I'll be cool with it.

A top ten worthy running back would be awesome to have.

I don't see it happening, though. I think it's more likely that someone we think will go earlier will drop and we will take them.

Best back since AD to enter the draft. I'd be fine with it. The ACL scares me a bit though

AD?... am I drawing a blank on somebody, or do you mean AP?

I was about to add, I think 9th overall is where Peterson went. I don't like picking a running back that high unless its a once a decade kind of prospect, like Peterson was.

So then the important question is, how does Todd Gurley feel about mutilating a toddler's genitals?

AD?... am I drawing a blank on somebody, or do you mean AP?

I was about to add, I think 9th overall is where Peterson went. I don't like picking a running back that high unless its a once a decade kind of prospect, like Peterson was.

So then the important question is, how does Todd Gurley feel about mutilating a toddler's genitals?

AP's nickname is AD, for All Day.

i think you'd only want to take a running back in the top 10 if he's a 3 down back. after spending on vereen specifically for the 3rd down/passing downs role and already having jennings and williams i don't see it happening

I can count on one hand the number of times anyone gets the Giants pick right, matter of fact I only need one finger.

Ain't that the truth!

The best response I heard last night on NFL Network was an analyst who said, "well...you know...the draft is not an exact science and the teams aren't exactly scientists - it's a high stakes crap shoot".

I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants grabbed someone we've never talked about. They use scouting information a whole lot different than fans. I'd bet a million dollars that they won't draft a RB with pick 9. It makes zero sense from any angle (BPA, long NFL career, a need, etc.)

The best way to tell if the Giants are picking well, is if Kiper goes on and on about the Giants taking someone too high and giving us a grade of "D" or lower. Then I know we're in good shape.