SportsWrath

Observations and General Ranting

NightFire

I think 9-7 is still where we'll finish. I think we're losing two of the next three, then winning out.

Still not enough for the playoffs, but it'll save a couple of jobs and make sure we get just under a blue-chip player in the draft.

Can we please STOP trying to be the Packers and get back to NYG football? Seriously, trying to make Eli play like discount double check isn't working and we don't have the other players to go with it either. Can't believe our first two plays in the Colts game were running plays, WTF?

Even the Colts DC said Eli isn't Rogers and the Giants aren't the Packers. I don't care if we lose games so much, but the lack of creativity anymore is complete shit IMO.

Creativity starts with being able to block someone. Doesn't matter what kind of offense you're running or what plays are called. If you don't block, it doesn't work. Catching balls that hit you in the hands would help, too.

Creativity starts with being able to block someone. Doesn't matter what kind of offense you're running or what plays are called. If you don't block, it doesn't work. Catching balls that hit you in the hands would help, too.

But 2 runs on the first set of downs just told me it was going to an ass whipping. I agree with you too, they could never get shit going because of all the drops and Eli made some bad plays too. It's right back to early 90's for NY.

Can we please STOP trying to be the Packers and get back to NYG football? Seriously, trying to make Eli play like discount double check isn't working and we don't have the other players to go with it either. Can't believe our first two plays in the Colts game were running plays, WTF?

Even the Colts DC said Eli isn't Rogers and the Giants aren't the Packers. I don't care if we lose games so much, but the lack of creativity anymore is complete shit IMO.

Ha? I think Eli is doing great... he just has ODB and that's it... his OL sucks.. his RB is injured.. Cruz is gone.. probably for good... Eli is not our problem.. he's our bright spot... it's our D that sucks more than anything...

Ha? I think Eli is doing great... he just has ODB and that's it... his OL sucks.. his RB is injured.. Cruz is gone.. probably for good... Eli is not our problem.. he's our bright spot... it's our D that sucks more than anything...

Just venting dude, to me...this new offense has such a long way to go. I prefer the in-your-face style NY Giants. Eli does look like he's disgusted to me after every play.

i'm not sure we're going to get it together until we start fresh. reese and coughlin made it pretty clear last week that mcadoo was an ownership hire and they don't like him. i don't see a team getting their shit together under these circumstances and even without that problem the talent just isn't there

i'm not sure we're going to get it together until we start fresh. reese and coughlin made it pretty clear last week that mcadoo was an ownership hire and they don't like him. i don't see a team getting their shit together under these circumstances and even without that problem the talent just isn't there

That's not a good sign, But then again..what we had was starting to not work anymore. I think this will be ugly for a long ass time.

I think 9-7 is still where we'll finish. I think we're losing two of the next three, then winning out.

Still not enough for the playoffs, but it'll save a couple of jobs and make sure we get just under a blue-chip player in the draft.

Were going to beat Jax and Tennessee, maybe a McCoy led Redskins and Barkley led Eagles in week 17 and yep..."We really finished the season the strong, so we like to give this staff another chance"

What did they say?

What did they say?

:Popcorn-emot:

they both made it a point to go out to the media and call out the offense in the media last week. it's not typically how they operate publicly and when you consider that mcadoo was an ownership move it doesn't surprise me that they would be subtly distancing themselves from him. my guess is that coughlin has no immediate plans to retire. meanwhile his bosses fired his guy and installed a new one complete with rumors that he'd be tom's successor. it doesn't seem like everybody in that organization is on the same page

Wow really? Fucking assholes... I'm glad we have an ownership that actually steps in once in a while.. holy fuck they wanted to keep Gilly? I think the ownership know what they have in coughlin... the owner of (I'm not going to utter their names... at DC)

Were going to beat Jax and Tennessee, maybe a McCoy led Redskins and Barkley led Eagles in week 17 and yep..."We really finished the season the strong, so we like to give this staff another chance"

Get outta my head :rules:

The Colts OLine has been the shits for all of Luck's career. Pep just uses some creativity to make the D more honest. The fake to Bradshaw dump to TE, forget who now, TD is a good example of a play the Giants would never try.

Wow really? Fucking assholes... I'm glad we have an ownership that actually steps in once in a while.. holy fuck they wanted to keep Gilly? I think the ownership know what they have in coughlin... the owner of (I'm not going to utter their names... at DC)

McAdoo has been terrible IMO. The D is in the field 2/3rds of the game and Fewell did everything you all asked him to do against Luck. With the injuries and already lacking depth the D got tired and it was just a matter of time before Luck got his yards. The pass rush was bugging Luck early

McAdoo has been terrible IMO. The D is in the field 2/3rds of the game and Fewell did everything you all asked him to do against Luck. With the injuries and already lacking depth the D got tired and it was just a matter of time before Luck got his yards. The pass rush was bugging Luck early

McAdoo deserves a little bit mroe than half a season to be judged.. and the lack of talent is not his fault.. Fewel yes.. did what we asked... but like I said too late (that should've been practiced back in the summer)... and sometimes he just went too aggressively that Luck knew what was coming... The D can guard against getting tired by getting 3 and outs like the opposing D does... they don't.. they get to stay on the field.

McAdoo deserves a little bit mroe than half a season to be judged.. and the lack of talent is not his fault.. Fewel yes.. did what we asked... but like I said too late (that should've been practiced back in the summer)... and sometimes he just went too aggressively that Luck knew what was coming... The D can guard against getting tired by getting 3 and outs like the opposing D does... they don't.. they get to stay on the field.

We have no idenity on offense or defense. McAdoo can't seem to decide what he wants to be and a lot does have to do with personnel, not sure why so many thought our offensive personnel would fit the WCO. I guess it give it time...but like I said I am not sure what McAdoo runs, it seems like we go into defeat mode offensively rather quick

not sure about reese but gilbride is coughlin's guy and a reflection on him. he didn't want him gone. i don't blame coughlin for not being happy with the current situation. i did want gilbride gone but this entire process with mcadoo has kind of undermined coughlin's authority imo

I don't understand most of the complaints about McAdoo and the offensive plan. Down best WR, RB, and we have a struggling offensive line. An underachieving Randle, two rookies and then there is the rest. There is only so much you can do with what is left of the offense and the only hope we has is the return of two players from injuries. I like what McAdoo has done with the offense and if given the chance it will be tough to beat.

I've heard the complaints about Fewell since he was hired and its the same ones every single season. Who knows maybe Fewell gets canned because it has become clear that this defense isn't bend but don't break. This is officially the Humpty Dumpty defense, when it breaks there is nothing left to put back together.

Tom Coughlin is a fighter and he will rally the team and they will limp the rest of the year from win to loss. Playoff hopes are fading as fast as the sun at this time of year but we are not out of contention for the division by a long shot. Dallas & Philly are losing momentum and we have to get back to winning streaks around here.

McAdoo current system is a hybrid of what was here and what he brought here from everything I've read. I tend to think that they should have just let him run his system given the existing one was 'broken'. Lack of a running games makes us one dimensional...that'll kill any team, as will poor offensive line play. Further, guys we had weren't necessarily built for a short passing game type of offense.

So, when the offense sputters, of course the defense is on the field longer and it snowballs. But I think that the point to be made here is that the offense is every bit as much a work in progress as it was projected to be during the preseason and the 3 game winning streak there was more an aberration...maybe not an aberration, maybe a sign of things to come that many thought was more than just a sign...that things were already here. And to add on to the defensive woes, we spent the offseason shoring up the secondary and every one of our starters as well as our backups are just about done for the year, with DRC being the last one standing (barely).

So, a promising, but far from being there, offense added to an injury-riddled defense and it makes for a shitty season.

Wins against Jacksonville, Tennessee, and Washington...shit, I wouldn't bet on it.