SportsWrath

Observations and General Ranting

NightFire

8 punts in the first half is all you need to know about Monday night's game.

And why didn't our D force their O to punt as well? Yes we get it.. the O didn't do much.. but aside from Eli and ODB what "stars" do we really have on that side of the ball... The D even if it's now decimated with injuries didn't show much even when it was at full strength...

And why didn't our D force their O to punt as well? Yes we get it.. the O didn't do much.. but aside from Eli and ODB what "stars" do we really have on that side of the ball... The D even if it's now decimated with injuries didn't show much even when it was at full strength...

Your gauge for judging whether or not an offense should be successful or not is whether they have "stars"? Are you kidding me? Those are professional football players out there. Neither side has any bonafide "stars", but the Giants have Eli Manning and he's surrounded by NFL caliber football players that theoretically should be at the least holding on to the balls he throws to them.. To consistently lose 2-4 yards on first down is absolutely inexcusable. To consistently not throw past the chains on THIRD down is also inexcusable. I'm not even going to blame McAdoo and his sudden revert to the "turtle" offense, the go in your shell and hide variety. No, he at least drew up stuff that allowed his guys to make plays. It's not an excuse to say that because there are no established stars on offense that we can't string together at least a few first downs so we aren't spotting the opposition points on literally every possession, when we inevitably go backwards via negative yardage and penalties and then punt from our 10. It's not a practical or sustainable way to play football when you're facing another NFL team, let alone one with probably the best offense in the NFL. And that NFL team is out there against a side that is, comparatively, far more devastated by injury than the offense is.

And the answer to your questions it that they did force punts but unfortunately, the Colts have an offense too. And they occasionally put up points on some of those extra possessions they were given. That's how the NFL go.

Your gauge for judging whether or not an offense should be successful or not is whether they have "stars"? Are you kidding me? Those are professional football players out there. Neither side has any bonafide "stars", but the Giants have Eli Manning and he's surrounded by NFL caliber football players that theoretically should be at the least holding on to the balls he throws to them.. To consistently lose 2-4 yards on first down is absolutely inexcusable. To consistently not throw past the chains on THIRD down is also inexcusable. I'm not even going to blame McAdoo and his sudden revert to the "turtle" offense, the go in your shell and hide variety. No, he at least drew up stuff that allowed his guys to make plays. It's not an excuse to say that because there are no established stars on offense that we can't string together at least a few first downs so we aren't spotting the opposition points on literally every possession, when we inevitably go backwards via negative yardage and penalties and then punt from our 10. It's not a practical or sustainable way to play football when you're facing another NFL team, let alone one with probably the best offense in the NFL. And that NFL team is out there against a side that is, comparatively, far more devastated by injury than the offense is.

And the answer to your questions it that they did force punts but unfortunately, the Colts have an offense too. And they occasionally put up points on some of those extra possessions they were given. That's how the NFL go.

I'm sorry but talent matters... being in the NFL doesn't mean you're top notch... we can name a few players who shouldn't be... and why would you expect our O to set the world on fire under a brand new system with makeshift OL and one good receiver? McAdoo just like any of us is learning from his mistakes... and he took over a shit sandwitch where "game planning" was a foreign subject to players... just as it is with the D now.... year after year we have seen slow as shit TEs kill us... Jason Witten comes to mind... how many times must you see him roam freely before you realize Fewel is subpar?

I'm sorry but talent matters... being in the NFL doesn't mean you're top notch... we can name a few players who shouldn't be... and why would you expect our O to set the world on fire under a brand new system with makeshift OL and one good receiver? McAdoo just like any of us is learning from his mistakes... and he took over a shit sandwitch where "game planning" was a foreign subject to players... just as it is with the D now.... year after year we have seen slow as shit TEs kill us... Jason Witten comes to mind... how many times must you see him roam freely before you realize Fewel is subpar?

LOL. Our best WR is the rookie, 1 rookie running back whose strength is running exactly into the oline's weakest point, and a slightly improved oline. Oh, and a TE that's basically disappeared once the rest of the league noticed him a little. I've been cutting McAdoo some slack because of it.

On the other hand, last year we had to bring back Brandon Jacobs to field any running backs (other than Cox, who's buried in the depth chart this year), were starting guys that are now backups to this oline, and fielded a TE that lost his current job because he kept dropping the eggs while trying to bag them. Still, we had one less win playing a much tougher schedule to the same point, with no bye week.

So, please, let's wait until he gets to 7 wins over sub-.500 teams before we start comparing notes on gameplanning. McAdoo got slaughtered after the bye--so much for gameplanning...

And none of this excuses our defense turning losses into routs. Maybe keep the final score within 10 pts once in a while.

Oh, I'm sorry for expecting NFL football players to be able to produce against another NFL team rather than struggle to get out of its own way. The offense is embarrassingly bad.

Oh, I'm sorry for expecting NFL football players to be able to produce against another NFL team rather than struggle to get out of its own way. The offense is embarrassingly bad.

No our team just sucks... We're a little better than the Jets offensively but stink up the joint defensively.

Ok so why doesn't anyone like my humpty dumpty defense analogy? Defense broke open for record setting yards which unfortunately is a theme for the Perry Fewell Defense. If you are cool with that while we are winning that is acceptable but when you are losing, shit changes.

I saw plenty of guys being put in position to make plays---Fewell's job. I also saw guys getting run the fuck over or playing scared of hitting anyone, especially Lynch---player's job. I constantly saw linebackers and defensive ends converge on a fake hand off after they had seen Wilson take it around the outside probably 10 times throughout the game. I doubt Fewell was in their ear telling them to constantly crash the line of scrimmage.

I'm not saying Fewell is without blame but that his personnel does him absolutely no favors. Both sides of the ball should be embarrassed. And I don't buy what Moose was saying about how the Giants played hard. They looked like they played scared, to me. And I can't even fathom how Coughlin apparently said that he's satisfied with the effort week in and week out. You've got to be kidding me. The effort isn't there. No one makes any plays, there are no exceptional individual efforts, minus Odell Beckham, perhaps. No one shows any heart. The team needs to be gutted.

Ok so why doesn't anyone like my humpty dumpty defense analogy? Defense broke open for record setting yards which unfortunately is a theme for the Perry Fewell Defense. If you are cool with that while we are winning that is acceptable but when you are losing, shit changes.

Winning masks a lot of things...

I saw plenty of guys being put in position to make plays---Fewell's job. I also saw guys getting run the fuck over or playing scared of hitting anyone, especially Lynch---player's job. I constantly saw linebackers and defensive ends converge on a fake hand off after they had seen Wilson take it around the outside probably 10 times throughout the game. I doubt Fewell was in their ear telling them to constantly crash the line of scrimmage.

I'm not saying Fewell is without blame but that his personnel does him absolutely no favors. Both sides of the ball should be embarrassed. And I don't buy what Moose was saying about how the Giants played hard. They looked like they played scared, to me. And I can't even fathom how Coughlin apparently said that he's satisfied with the effort week in and week out. You've got to be kidding me. The effort isn't there. No one makes any plays, there are no exceptional individual efforts, minus Odell Beckham, perhaps. No one shows any heart. The team needs to be gutted.

I'd like to add Eli and Ayers to the effort list.... JPP shows up one game and disappears for 2... He did his best Osi resemblance running himself out of plays.

I'd like to add Eli and Ayers to the effort list.... JPP shows up one game and disappears for 2... He did his best Osi resemblance running himself out of plays.

Good point. Ayers should be starting over Kiwanuka. And Eli had gone over 160 attempts without a pick or something insane like that. All while getting little time to throw the ball. Still, a stat that is entirely all-too telling....he had only completed 2 passes, I think they said, of over 20 yards prior to today's game. Not entirely on Eli but definitely not a good sign. If you want to have a west coast offense, you'd better have guys that can run after the catch. And they might have meant passes that had gone 20 yards down the field in the air and then caught, not too sure.

Good point. Ayers should be starting over Kiwanuka. And Eli had gone over 160 attempts without a pick or something insane like that. All while getting little time to throw the ball. Still, a stat that is entirely all-too telling....he had only completed 2 passes, I think they said, of over 20 yards prior to today's game. Not entirely on Eli but definitely not a good sign. If you want to have a west coast offense, you'd better have guys that can run after the catch. And they might have meant passes that had gone 20 yards down the field in the air and then caught, not too sure.

Don't forget ODB just started playing and only Cruz is fit for the WCO... And since no one was on the other side to take the pressure off him, hr was blanketed... And even then he's no ODB... I'll be surprised if Cruz is in the team next year...

He's a DE who had one good play and was hardly on any tackles... JPP needs to live up to the hype/potential.

He is the only person on the defensive line you have to worry about and thats the problem with the defensive line. You can always block one person no matter where he lines up.