SportsWrath

If Hakeem accepts 5 years 35 million

osi724dasack

If you'll recall, I've been a big supporter of Nicks. I argued that he was more important to keep long term than Cruz. After this year however, no way in hell I offer him that kind on money. I offer a one year deal, somewhere in the $5-6M range......and even that might be too generous.

If you'll recall, I've been a big supporter of Nicks. I argued that he was more important to keep long term than Cruz. After this year however, no way in hell I offer him that kind on money. I offer a one year deal, somewhere in the $5-6M range......and even that might be too generous.

Yes to this... Truth is no one, not even Nicks himself, knows what we're getting... Some think he's the Nicks if years 1&2 and some aren't so sure. Would be nice to see if we land a stud WR in the draft ... An aggressive type.

Damn, I totally got all pumped when I saw the thread title...I totally bypassed that word "If"....

One thing is for sure, the team will miss Nicks when he's gone, if that's what happens.

I think every team in the league knows the value of a stud #1 WR. If not Hakeem it's someone either better or with more potential.

Jernigan's play makes me cringe. Cruz and Jernigan and Randle will make me cringe. We need Nicks, but we need him to play better or he'll have to take a cut.

Probably because he didn't make his bed with proper "hospital corners" during training camp.

Hmm, let me try that again, with the right quote...

Jernigan's play yesterday makes me wonder why he wasn't on the field sooner... dude looked like a a less dick-headed DeSean Jackson out there.

Probably because he didn't make his bed with proper "hospital corners" during training camp.

Honestly though, Jernigan has seen a lot of snaps, maybe even more than Randle this season, and hasn't shown much. He's just suddenly getting volume targets now two of the guys ahead of him are out and Eli is leaning hard on the short pass.

Exactly. He made some nice catches, no doubt. But previously, he got more of a chance than guys like Ramses Barden or Sinorice Moss, etc. ever dreamed of.

I think I'd offer Nicks a 1 year, $7 million incentive laden deal or a 3 year, $15 million deal incentive laden. By incentive laden, I simply mean healthy for 16 games and 1000 yards to achieve max of contract...or even catching a certain percentage of his targets would be acceptable for me. Both deals would allow him to redeem this past year's failures. I think he ultimately gets more than this and walks...and the Giants shouldn't up their offer just to keep him around...unless it's to a division opponent...then I'd up it slightly just to push the cap of the other team.

yep, he's 25 and front offices that are paid millions to evaluate football teams know how bad the giants offense was this year. everybody had a down year.

not paying a good player cuz he had 0 td's is like choosing not to pay a pitcher because he only won 10 games on a shitty team

haha, yeah, even with his down year, I don't think there's any way he's offered less than $8 million per year. From someone, not necessarily the Giants.

From the Raiders maybe? How would the FO know this year was just an aberration? Could it be his injuries have in fact hurt his speed among other things? I think having an incentive-laden contract is fair for both parties... you perform, you earn.