SportsWrath

1-6: Let the Jadeveon Clowney Sweepstakes Begin

mastershake

7 months to learn how to pronounce Kouandjio

No Andrew Luck QBs in this draft coming up? I still contend if you're going to pic top 5 and given our current situation, picking a stud QB maybe the way to go.

No Andrew Luck QBs in this draft coming up? I still contend if you're going to pic top 5 and given our current situation, picking a stud QB maybe the way to go.

Bridgewater, Hundley, Mariota and Boyd should all be top 15 picks at qb. No way we go with a QB though

In 1988 George Young drafted Eric Moore in the 1st round (10th overall) and Jumbo Elliott in the 2nd (36th). I remember how that stabilized the line and by extension, the entire offense. OK, overlook that Michael Irvin was picked one spot after Moore (who turned out to be solid for five years). The sudden infusion of two quality offensive linemen was a key factor in building a Super Bowl Champion two years later.

I'd go that same way this year. Get me a mauler Guard and a stud Tackle, in any order...and maybe a Center in later rounds or through FA. Pugh can play Guard or Tackle. Beatty can play LT or RT. They'll create competition and they'll figure it out. And hopefully, they will be a huge improvement over the sad state we're in now. The OL is the engine that allows the O to run. If you're looking for the quickest way out of this mess, dial up a page from 1988.

I think he's a luxury at this point and with what we're dealing with, one we probably can't afford. I think a team like Carolina with Smith getting older could offer more than we're capable of giving him. We'll see though we may have more cap room than we expect. I'm going to be watching these games now to see who still gives a fuck and who doesn't and Coughlin and Reese are probably doing the same.

I like Nicks alot, but I feel that the money required to retain him might be better spent elsewhere - like getting a true Top Shelf offensive lineman and linebacker.

The trade deadline is Oct 29th. Next season, we get nothing if he walks away. But right now, teams would likely overpay (in draft compensation) for a true #1 WR that could give them a better shot at making a Super Bowl run right now.

For example....imagine the Denver Broncos with Nicks?

In 1988 George Young drafted Eric Moore in the 1st round (10th overall) and Jumbo Elliott in the 2nd (36th). I remember how that stabilized the line and by extension, the entire offense. OK, overlook that Michael Irvin was picked one spot after Moore (who turned out to be solid for five years). The sudden infusion of two quality offensive linemen was a key factor in building a Super Bowl Champion two years later.

I'd go that same way this year. Get me a mauler Guard and a stud Tackle, in any order...and maybe a Center in later rounds or through FA. Pugh can play Guard or Tackle. Beatty can play LT or RT. They'll create competition and they'll figure it out. And hopefully, they will be a huge improvement over the sad state we're in now. The OL is the engine that allows the O to run. If you're looking for the quickest way out of this mess, dial up a page from 1988.

im with you. i can't take this line, it needs to be rebuilt and fast

I like Nicks alot, but I feel that the money required to retain him might be better spent elsewhere - like getting a true Top Shelf offensive lineman and linebacker.

The trade deadline is Oct 29th. Next season, we get nothing if he walks away. But right now, teams would likely overpay (in draft compensation) for a true #1 WR that could give them a better shot at making a Super Bowl run right now.

For example....imagine the Denver Broncos with Nicks?

You know for as bad as this team has looked so far, we have quite a ton of talent. Football, more than any other sport, is really a team sport... Nicks is one of the MVPs of this team and I don't see him walking... at least not without the Giants making him a fair offer. If there's a team like the raiders who just throws money at players, then more power to him... I expect Nicks to be a Giant for a very long time and the Giants tend not to overpay...

That's my thinking... however I remember not too long ago we were arguing about Robert Gallery... IF (big IF) we're in the spot to land a stud QB in the mold of Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning, I'd go for it.. .look I love Eli as much as the next guy but he is.. well.. he's Eli.. the good and the bad. I look at how the Colts sucked when Peyton was injured and they landed Adrew Luck... Aside from that.. I'm all for rebuilding the OL like you said.

On the list of things that urgently need to be fixed/upgraded on this team, Eli is far, FAR down the list. Fix the OL, get some new offensive schemes and patterns and you'll be amazed how much better Eli suddenly gets!

On the other hand, keep everything else status quo and bring in Peyton Manning or anyone else you want to name and you'll be amazed how bad they suddenly get! And that's with a veteran QB! Bring in a hotshot rookie and put him in this offense as is and it would be a flipping disaster!

That's my thinking... however I remember not too long ago we were arguing about Robert Gallery... IF (big IF) we're in the spot to land a stud QB in the mold of Andrew Luck/Peyton Manning, I'd go for it.. .look I love Eli as much as the next guy but he is.. well.. he's Eli.. the good and the bad. I look at how the Colts sucked when Peyton was injured and they landed Adrew Luck... Aside from that.. I'm all for rebuilding the OL like you said.

We have Nassib.

On the list of things that urgently need to be fixed/upgraded on this team, Eli is far, FAR down the list. Fix the OL, get some new offensive schemes and patterns and you'll be amazed how much better Eli suddenly gets!

On the other hand, keep everything else status quo and bring in Peyton Manning or anyone else you want to name and you'll be amazed how bad they suddenly get! And that's with a veteran QB! Bring in a hotshot rookie and put him in this offense as is and it would be a flipping disaster!

Good point.

Seriously, if we don't go OL, OL, LB, CB, LB or something very close to it in this draft, I might take out Reese myself.

You may as well start your planning now. It's been many seasons that we've wanted this type of draft.