SportsWrath

The official Fuck This Team thread

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

It was a brutal day to be sure. What makes it so bad (for me anyway), is I start getting worked up and excited at least one day before the game starts. I'm like a little kid on Christmas morning expecting to find a new bike under the tree....and today is was like expecting a new bike and finding a turd wrapped up in a box instead!

We can't win them all....but this is the 2nd game this season in which I was flat out embarrassed of them.

Honestly, it's three games in. We could have a turnaround, but with this offensive line play, I think we're finishing as a bottom-third team in the league. On the bright side, there's some good things that can happen if we finish with four wins:

1. We get a really high draft pick, and last time we did that we ended up with Eli and Snee... cornerstones of the franchise for a decade. That ain't bad.

2. We may finally get to dump Killdrive and see what we can do with an Offensive Coordinator that you don't need an engineering degree to understand. Eli's only going to be here another five years or so and it'd be awesome to see what he'd do with an OC that doesn't require 12 pre-snap reads and 3 optional routes for each receiver.

3. Reese may actually figure out he needs to address weaknesses on the team (OL and LB) instead of drafting/signing fifth-string guys on the defensive line and WR.

I think they'll still finish with 6 to 9 wins. And 9-7 very well might win the division so all is not completely lost. That said, they need to pull a complete 180, and do it fast.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....we'll be lucky, very, very, very lucky to pull off 6 wins at this rate.

I'm not so sure there's any team, other than Jacksonville, that I'd pick over the Giants right now. Even Oakland, I think Pryor would have a field day running on this Giants team and pulling out a win.

There is little heart on this team and less talent and even less leadership, to make any sort of turnaround.

Game 1 should have been the wake-up call. They've followed that with a worse, and then even worse, performance. This team is a shell of what it once was.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....we'll be lucky, very, very, very lucky to pull off 6 wins at this rate.

I'm not so sure there's any team, other than Jacksonville, that I'd pick over the Giants right now. Even Oakland, I think Pryor would have a field day running on this Giants team and pulling out a win.

There is little heart on this team and less talent and even less leadership, to make any sort of turnaround.

Game 1 should have been the wake-up call. They've followed that with a worse, and then even worse, performance. This team is a shell of what it once was.

Exactly. Does anybody know where Pierce put the Megaphone?

Told myself I would never say this again, but what choice do we have? I'd let Coughlin finish the season but if I were running the team I'd be looking for a gm and hc now.

I just heard that his younger brother passed away this week. Way to rally around your leader, Giants. *fu sign*

Yeah, this will be a long season and one hell of a long offseason. Reese has his work cut out for him. To make matters worse we don't exactly have a good cap situation. It will definitely be an audition for a lot of these guys. Also, I know this is a bit premature but I think we can forget about re-signing Nicks. There is no possible way we can commit that much money to two receivers with the amount of holes this team has.

Yeah, this will be a long season and one hell of a long offseason. Reese has his work cut out for him. To make matters worse we don't exactly have a good cap situation. It will definitely be an audition for a lot of these guys. Also, I know this is a bit premature but I think we can forget about re-signing Nicks. There is no possible way we can commit that much money to two receivers with the amount of holes this team has.

I think he's earned an offer from us, but it'll be low enough to be considered an insult. I never really envisioned Nicks as completely buying in to being here, but at the same time, protecting himself as being labeled a cancer. I don't know that he'd want to be back anyway.

I'm completely fine rolling with Cruz and Randel and perhaps a draft pick so long as we address the line and can become more balanced.

which is why we should've just let him accept the tender and signed nicks instead but yeah if the team falls apart it's not smart to commit that much cap space to two wr's

Bump... This team is fucking awful.. If it's not one thing, it's another.. And what the fuck is up with nicks? At least 3 deep balls Eli has put on him perfectly and he doesn't catch them.

There was a rumor the Lions were interested in a trade. I'd take it at this point.

i didn't say that, must've been someone else. it would've been nice if he caught that ball down the sidelines but it isn't a perfect pass if he has to jump or lay out for it.

turns out the detroit rumor was 100% fabricated anyway by some kid on twitter. detroit can't sign him cuz that's too much cap space on two wr's and trading a pick for a rental isn't very smart so it never made sense for them

i didn't say that, must've been someone else. it would've been nice if he caught that ball down the sidelines but it isn't a perfect pass if he has to jump or lay out for it.

turns out the detroit rumor was 100% fabricated anyway by some kid on twitter. detroit can't sign him cuz that's too much cap space on two wr's and trading a pick for a rental isn't very smart so it never made sense for them

Yeah I don't think any team is dumb enough to trade for a WR (albeit a good one) that is only on contract for 12 more games.