SportsWrath

The search for a RB starts.

according to NJ.com, they are also working out Joe McKnight.

I suspect we'll have a veteran in the lineup by next week's game.

On PFT, they are saying that TC is not pulling the plug on Wilson. Pissed at him, but not pulling the plug.

well we shall see about that...we all know how tough it is to get out of coughlins doghouse..I say we dont see him in a game (other than in garbage time if some of our games are blowouts) until week 10.

I don't think Wilson's going to somehow develop by sitting on the bench. Best take our lumps and play the kid.

I agree. We pretty much have to dance with the girl we brought to the prom. He's going to have some great moments this year. Last night certainly wasn't one of them. I think even he was surprised at how hard the defense was pulling at the ball while stacking him up. It will be interesting to see if he starts next week. I have a hunch he will....if he doesn't, it'll be a token benching for about the first five minutes of the game.

I don't think Wilson's going to somehow develop by sitting on the bench. Best take our lumps and play the kid.

Exactly. As a matter of fact him sitting on the bench pretty much all of last year contributed to this...

Honestly, I've said this before... many times with fumbles, it comes down to coaching.

With Tiki, the guy actually LISTENED and held the ball differently. But then we had Plax, Shockey, Bradshaw, etc... none of those guys were "high and tight" guys, and they were all fumblers. Instead of reinforcing it through coaching and actually enforcing it, those guys got more playing time... never once did Plax go the bench after he held the ball like a carton of eggs.

I'm telling you right now, Nicks is a fumble waiting to happen... watch how he holds the ball... two points, away from his body. You learn THREE POINTS OF CONTACT in fucking pop warner. How can these assholes not know that?

Honestly, I've said this before... many times with fumbles, it comes down to coaching.

With Tiki, the guy actually LISTENED and held the ball differently. But then we had Plax, Shockey, Bradshaw, etc... none of those guys were "high and tight" guys, and they were all fumblers. Instead of reinforcing it through coaching and actually enforcing it, those guys got more playing time... never once did Plax go the bench after he held the ball like a carton of eggs.

I'm telling you right now, Nicks is a fumble waiting to happen... watch how he holds the ball... two points, away from his body. You learn THREE POINTS OF CONTACT in fucking pop warner. How can these assholes not know that?

In all fairness, when Nicks holds the ball it disappears like a can of beer in Andre the Giant's hand.

This is such an overeaction. The Giants needed to bring in a vet before the season started and didn't get one, and frankly I don't like the way the kid is being hung out to dry here. Last year he had a bad start and they stuck him in the doghouse for half a season, the kid came back was great on kickoffs and was one of the few bright spots down the stretch. Seems like all that was forgotten last night.

Why not let Wilson get the experience he needs? He was fucking benched last year for one fucking fumble... thanks to that.. he's a 2nd year rookie... Coughlin can be a real pain in the ass sometimes.

Even this offseason they weren't definitive about him being the feature back. Then they gave him barely any carries in the preseason

Even this offseason they weren't definitive about him being the feature back. Then they gave him barely any carries in the preseason

Really cause I remember in August the Giant's saying Wilson was the clear starter.

Kid has a bad game, fans everywhere throws him under the bus.

Might as well just cut him.

Really cause I remember in August the Giant's saying Wilson was the clear starter.

Kid has a bad game, fans everywhere throws him under the bus.

Might as well just cut him.

Yeah in August...two weeks into the preseason and even then they listed Brownand Wilson has co starters

If Mcgahee checks out I hope they go with him. He's a solid vet and should help in short yardage but he's certainly not a savior. The running game is only going where Wilson takes it. If he winds up struggling further we'll probably just have a bad year.

Wilson should get the start every game this year. If he fumbles he fumbles. He will learn more during the game than during practice. Our own D is good at stripping the ball. They should be able to teach him as much. His running style will change. It will be all good. Lets not go knee jerk here. He is our legitimate No.1

If Mcgahee checks out I hope they go with him. He's a solid vet and should help in short yardage but he's certainly not a savior. The running game is only going where Wilson takes it. If he winds up struggling further we'll probably just have a bad year.

We should have been looking at vet help the moment Brown went down... that being said I don't think benching Wilson is the answer... the opposite...

We should have been looking at vet help the moment Brown went down... that being said I don't think benching Wilson is the answer... the opposite...

no wilson MUST be taught a lesson even at the expense of wins and playoff berths

They were waiting until after Week 1 anyway, as that means the contract won't be guaranteed and they have the option to release him when Brown comes back.