SportsWrath

GIants/Jets preseason game

Lughead

I've come to the realization that the goalline failures are completely on the coach (Gilbride). Every week Coughlin blabbers about execution down there but you simply cannot call halfback dives from the 4 yard line on 3rd and goal and fades on 4th and goal and expect to ever score any points.

He's predictable in the red zone.

I don't know if it's just human nature not to take preseason games seriously (talking about players)... I don't know what to make of Eli being sloppy and inaccurate... I don't know what to make of anything including the opposing teams players being injured and missing pieces... aside from the injury to Brown which didn't look good, I'm worried about our D as the middle of the field was wide open....

just watched it ........Eli needs to sharpen up before the Dallas game ( but not too concerned ) . Nice to see Tuck and TT looking active . Payslinger looks very useful. Big shame about StevieB.

Gilbride's imagination worries me the most ( or lack of it )

Typical Jets preseason bullshit, playing starters into the 4th.

Stevie Brown going down blows chunks. I hope its not as bad as they are saying.

Cox on returns has looked really good, I think he cemented his roster spot this year. Scott has to be nervous. Overall our RB group is very good.

DB Charles James might be my new favorite Giant. He's like the second coming of Frankie 'The Freak' Walker.

Tuck! Nice to see you again buddy!

The Giants never show imagination in the preseason. No worries.

While I agree with this and see the reasons why this is advantageous when it comes time for the regular season....you'd think they would be trying some new things to get the ball in the endzone...no touchdowns and the average starting field position had to be midfield. The red zone weaknesses have been a staple of this team forever and when the Jets make it look easy to score touchdowns in the red zone, the Giants just look lost....what's the over/under for how many times the Giants get stuffed on 3rd and goal this season and have to kick a 26 yard field goal? I'm going to put us at 15....about once per game

Last I heard it's an MCL for Brown, probably out for the year.

Cox looks solid, I think he pushes Scott of the team. Wilson is the real deal, he made that 80+ yard run look like it was nothing and the Jets D was running in slow mo.

The secondary is already getting started with injuries all over the place, hopefully some of the backups step up.

I guess all that time that Tuck spent in practice at LB might be paying off, maybe a new way to get the younger DEs on the field is to have Tuck stand more on nickle packages.

I thought the rest of the game was alright, I'm hoping that Gilly is just playing a mellow offense because it's the pre-season cause it looks like we are going to have no power run game with all the O-line shifting and so far the WRs and Eli just aint on the same page inside the 20.

I really liked what I seen out of the LBs, especially Paysinger and Herzlich in this game, Connor put in a good performance as well.

I thought Pugh did well at RT it seemed like the Jets were playing this like a regular season game and over loaded the right side trying to test the rookie but he seemed to hold his blocks and be able to drive and get out to the second level on run plays. I imagine as the season goes on he will continue to improve and get better.

Overall I think the better of the pre-season games for the Giant's, I'm confident the O is going to be going on all cylinders when the season starts and the D-line and Linebackers have shown me that they are an upgrade (if not by much) then last year.

I'd like to see a lot more throws to Brandon Myers. I know he got a catch for 5 yards, but I think he can be a weapon and I'm anxious to see what he's got. It's as if they don't want to try him out until the season begins.

Jernigan had a decent game - he's no Cruz, but at least he made a few plays for a change.