SportsWrath

My Bold Prediction for 2013

Dragon

I'd be happy with that for sure.

I'm thinking he splits carries with Brown too much for that to happen though. I'd guess they both end up in the 750-900 yd range, with about 8 or 9 tds each. Most of Wilson's will be 10+ yd runs, while Brown will get the goalline opportunities. I hope they both exceed this though.

I'm predicting 1500 simply because of Wilson's breakaway speed. Over the last few years, Bradshaw had several instances where he broke into the open, but due to him losing speed (injuries and age) he was chased down. Wilson, imo, will turn those into huge gains if not TDs. I see Brown starting the season as the "#1" back, but I believe Wilson can and probably will be more productive.

I'd be happy with that for sure.

I'm thinking he splits carries with Brown too much for that to happen though. I'd guess they both end up in the 750-900 yd range, with about 8 or 9 tds each. Most of Wilson's will be 10+ yd runs, while Brown will get the goalline opportunities. I hope they both exceed this though.

I think this is a more likely scenario as the coaching staff would want to keep him fresh.. although I feel there will be a dog-house period due to a fumble or two.

You have 3 very good wide receivers, a good receiving TE, and you want your running back getting 1500 yards for the season? While your franchise QB is at his peak? What a complete waste of firepower that would be.

I hope Wilson doesn't get close to 1500 yards. Unless you're talking total yards.

You have 3 very good wide receivers, a good receiving TE, and you want your running back getting 1500 yards for the season? While your franchise QB is at his peak? What a complete waste of firepower that would be.

I hope Wilson doesn't get close to 1500 yards. Unless you're talking total yards.

Man 1500 is less than 100 per game. If our offense is as good as we all think they are, Wilson breaking out will only help our WRs in the long run.

Ok, ok...Just seems to me that this offense is set up to be pass-happy. And 1500 yards seems like a LOT if you're platooning Wilson with Brown. I would be lead pitchfork at Gilbride's witch trial if he tried to run a 2008-style offense this year.

Ok, ok...Just seems to me that this offense is set up to be pass-happy. And 1500 yards seems like a LOT if you're platooning Wilson with Brown. I would be lead pitchfork at Gilbride's witch trial if he tried to run a 2008-style offense this year.

I think you are pretty much spot on. I wouldn't be surprised if the tandem of Wilson/Brown gained more than 1500 yds on the ground...with Brown having more TD's than Wilson, but Wilson doubling Brown's overall yardage (excluding kick returns and pass yds)....perhaps 1200/650 or in that general area.

The big man in yards this year will be Nicks as he's looking for the big pay day at the end of the season, with Cruz hot on his tail and a breakout year for Randle. I also expect to see a lot of yards and TD's from Myers. I think I'm going to like him a lot this year.

I think you are pretty much spot on. I wouldn't be surprised if the tandem of Wilson/Brown gained more than 1500 yds on the ground...with Brown having more TD's than Wilson, but Wilson doubling Brown's overall yardage (excluding kick returns and pass yds)....perhaps 1200/650 or in that general area.

The big man in yards this year will be Nicks as he's looking for the big pay day at the end of the season, with Cruz hot on his tail and a breakout year for Randle. I also expect to see a lot of yards and TD's from Myers. I think I'm going to like him a lot this year.

Yet the one big question mark that makes all of this possible is how well the OL performs. Namely... RG.

It'll really depend on Wilson's blocking skills, which i heard it's improved. If he can block like Bradshaw, he'll have a 1000+ yards on ground for sure. Plus all the weapons with the top two WR and an slight avg TE.. the field will be wide open for wilson to go bananas...

Again that's of cause, depend on his blocking!!

It'll really depend on Wilson's blocking skills, which i heard it's improved. If he can block like Bradshaw, he'll have a 1000+ yards on ground for sure. Plus all the weapons with the top two WR and an slight avg TE.. the field will be wide open for wilson to go bananas...

Again that's of cause, depend on his blocking!!

I honestly didn't think he was that bad in pass pro. He was made out to be inept, but I didn't see him make the same mistake twice.

Personally, I think Coughlin and crew know what they have... last season: the benching, the crapping on him through the media, it was mostly head games. I think immediate success would have been very, very bad for Wilson's development.

I think Wilson will have a big year too... not sure its all that bold, the kid is good, and I think the line will move some people this year. 1700+ from scrimmage, but yanked on the goal lines, book it. (1700+ is kind of bold...)

My bold prediction: the New York Giants will send a linebacker to the Pro Bowl.