SportsWrath

Looking at this team... I don't see them making the playoffs

NeMesiS

Nem....are you having a bad day (morning)? This has to be the most pessimistic post you've ever made.

This team has championship written all over it! Only fear for me is the CB positions and possibly WR's if Nicks and Cruz don't get their shit together soon. We're going to average close to 40 points a game and have one of the highest scoring teams in Giants' history. Defense has some holes, but should be good enough to keep us in every game. Cheer up fella - it's gonna be a great season.

Especially with this defense...

No offensive line

No linebackers

No running backs

No DBs

DL is getting old

And special teams isn't very special

Nem, are your anti-depressants not working? Wtf happened to you dude? I love you but this is straight out of Lockhart's playbook.

No offensive line? The only weak link we have on that line is Diehl (who's just getting older and lost a few steps) has been addressed with our 1st round pic... Snee is a pro-bowler... Beaty will man the LT spot for years to come... And don't be surprised if Brewer sees the field a hell of a lot more... Def OL is not a weak squad... easily top 5 in this league.

Hmmm, everyone is down on LBs.. not me... we have guys who can make a HUGE impact.. I'm high on Curry and the dude we got from Dallas not to mention our youngsters. Of course we'll have to see how they perform on the field but we have some pretty good piece in place...

No RBs? You mean Wilson and Andre Brown suck?

DBs... Webster plays like pre 2012 and we're cooking... Prince is becoming a star and we have nice depth...

DL.. we're stocked...

Nem....are you having a bad day (morning)? This has to be the most pessimistic post you've ever made.

This team has championship written all over it! Only fear for me is the CB positions and possibly WR's if Nicks and Cruz don't get their shit together soon. We're going to average close to 40 points a game and have one of the highest scoring teams in Giants' history. Defense has some holes, but should be good enough to keep us in every game. Cheer up fella - it's gonna be a great season.

both Nicks and Cruz know there's no place like NY... ask anyone who's left us for another team... both can be on this team or at least one of them will be... in Eli we trust....

both Nicks and Cruz know there's no place like NY... ask anyone who's left us for another team... both can be on this team or at least one of them will be... in Eli we trust....

No doubt they'll sign. Cruz would be nuts to leave NY because he's going to make more money off the field than on the field in the future. He won't make off field money in Jacksonville, or Memphis, or Buffalo. NYC is a gold mine for him if he plays his cards right.

Nicks on the other hand, might be looking to make that one big haul of a lifetime. He has to prove he can stay healthy for a whole year. A great article in this morning's post about players in one-year deals or in the last year of their contract, calling it a "show me what you got" year. Boothe, who tested the free agent summed it up best by saying, "everybody's disappointed except for five people", which is really true. No matter how good a player thinks he is....chances are, the only teams willing to sign you are those who will sign you for a one-year deal....except for five players who happen to be the best of the best.

If Nicks has a huge year, he might be one of those "five players" that win the lottery contract. But if he's hurt this season or puts up less than stellar numbers, he's looking at one-year contracts from here on. If he has an off year, I believe the Giants will still sign him to a long term contract, and he'll have to take whatever they offer because he would be one of those guys bouncing around the league on one-year deals. I don't think any player wants that. Cruz is in the enviable position of being young and healthy and in his final year. He has real leverage on the Giants for a long term deal.

Anyway....here's that article: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/numerous_giants_entering_show_me_Np4RxxbcPntOfr3autiPDM

I can totally see how managing the cap and what a player thinks he's worth vs what the front office thinks he's worth can be a nightmare for GMs and Fiscal Departments.... I'm happy with the team we have and I think our LB situation will be a lot better than people think.

Especially with this defense...

No offensive line

No linebackers

No running backs

No DBs

DL is getting old

And special teams isn't very special

Unless alot of people surprise me, I think you're right.

Although I think the running game is going to get better with Wilson and Brown as the 1/2 punch.

On defense, I'm very concerned....we need a couple minor miracles at linebacker or this unit might be even worse than last year.

i think we'll be a mediocre team for a while.

No team with Eli as its QB can be mediocre. our O alone guarantees we're better than that. And our D is better than last years... we lost a lot of deadbeats.

i think we'll be a mediocre team for a while.

Totally agree.

I'd agree with Nem except for two things:

1) I don't have too many worries with this offense (although 40 pts/game is a bit optimistic);

2) I don't see much in the way of dominance in the NFC East from any team, so the division is basically up for grabs. It's within the realm of possibility to win this division and get in.

That being said, a whole lot more would have to go right for us to get to the SB than would have to go wrong for us to wind up with a high draft pick next year. That's without any injuries to Manning.

I wouldn't make that claim this early.

We still have to finalize the 53 man roster, preseason, yadda yadda. I'm much more concerned with our defense then anything, but we should definitely wait.

We still have to finalize the 53 man roster, preseason, yadda yadda. I'm much more concerned with our defense then anything, but we should definitely wait.

Yeah...way too early. I think Nem is just trying to get a rise out of us.

BTW, I see you're new here. Welcome to the board!

Are you really a female? We tend get a little offensive on this board so apologies in advance. You might want to watch who you pal up with on here. Some of the guys are a little on the rank side and that might be putting it a little mildly! :o

I think this is the same team from the last few years. Perfectly capable of going 11-5 and running the table in the playoiffs or going 8-8 and missing the playoffs. The oline I think is okay, I worry about the dline, Tuck has been an average player for a couple years and JPP's back scares me. Who realy knows what Kiwi will do. I think the secondary will impress, there is real talent with Prince and Hosely and Stevie Brown. Lots of options are saftey.

The offense is going to be good, we all love Wilsonm and if he can keep fromn getting hurt and become an all around threat out of the backfield we are set.

Totally agree.

I'd agree with Nem except for two things:

1) I don't have too many worries with this offense (although 40 pts/game is a bit optimistic);

2) I don't see much in the way of dominance in the NFC East from any team, so the division is basically up for grabs. It's within the realm of possibility to win this division and get in.

That being said, a whole lot more would have to go right for us to get to the SB than would have to go wrong for us to wind up with a high draft pick next year. That's without any injuries to Manning.

Right, my thoughts are not that the Giants have gotten any worse, it's that other teams in the NFC have gotten much better.

Welcome aboard, bro.

No team with Eli as its QB can be mediocre. our O alone guarantees we're better than that. And our D is better than last years... we lost a lot of deadbeats.

I will agree with your comments on Eli.....no way the Giants win that SB in 2011 without Eli playing lights out to keep this team in the hunt all season.

On defense - I'm from Missouri until I see something change.

Yeah...way too early. I think Nem is just trying to get a rise out of us.

BTW, I see you're new here. Welcome to the board!

Are you really a female? We tend get a little offensive on this board so apologies in advance. You might want to watch who you pal up with on here. Some of the guys are a little on the rank side and that might be putting it a little mildly! :o

Thank you much! Haha yes, I am a woman (omg!). I post on the other message board, so I'm used to all the males.