SportsWrath

I've been working on the solution to the LB issue.

Treehugger

What are you suggesting Tree? That we start a batch of test tube babies using the sperm of Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson?

Might work if other teams didn't draft them first.

One of the things most people don't consider is that back in the days when we used a 3-4 defense, our pass rushers came from our linebackers, not our DE's. Three fat d-linemen would hold off 4 o-linemen while 4 linebackers spread out and opponents didn't know from where they'd be attacked. It really inflates the stats of linebackers and people wonder why we don't have an LT tearing up a QB every week. The answer is simple, we use a 4-3 defense now and our pass rushers come from the edge of our line like JPP and Tuck. Our 4-3 defense relies on our linebackers covering linemen mistakes and picking up scraps behind the line. When the d-line doesn't do it's job...linebackers are running fire drills behind them and take the heat for not stuffing everyone who got through the line.

What are you suggesting Tree? That we start a batch of test tube babies using the sperm of Lawrence Taylor and Harry Carson?

Might work if other teams didn't draft them first.

One of the things most people don't consider is that back in the days when we used a 3-4 defense, our pass rushers came from our linebackers, not our DE's. Three fat d-linemen would hold off 4 o-linemen while 4 linebackers spread out and opponents didn't know from where they'd be attacked. It really inflates the stats of linebackers and people wonder why we don't have an LT tearing up a QB every week. The answer is simple, we use a 4-3 defense now and our pass rushers come from the edge of our line like JPP and Tuck. Our 4-3 defense relies on our linebackers covering linemen mistakes and picking up scraps behind the line. When the d-line doesn't do it's job...linebackers are running fire drills behind them and take the heat for not stuffing everyone who got through the line.

:doh:

Bleedin', why would a guy post an ultra-sound? LOL, You do get focused...

Congrats, Tree!

The Cowboys are switching back to the 4-3 defense this year with the hiring of Monte Kiffin to replace Rob Ryan as Def. Coordinator. I'm going to be very curious how Demarcus Ware (arguably the top linebacker in the NFL) does now that he will be guarding the backfield instead of lining up to rush the QB. Hopefully, he sucks!

:doh:

Bleedin', why would a guy post an ultra-sound? LOL, You do get focused...

Congrats, Tree!

Okay...yeah, I am too focused on the linebackers situation to think "inside" the box....duhh.

Congrats Tree....oh how your life is going to change...for the better! :thumbs:

Thanks guys. We don't even know if it's a boy or girl yet, though the misses has been craving BBQ a lot so I think it's my son in there. 12 weeks along, due early December.

Is this your first?

Congrats Tree, but are luck we will cyrogenically freeze, Coughlin and Fewell and still have the 10 safety sets in 2036. Oh yeah, Bleedin will be on this board still, saying what a awesome idea it is..still

With their first pick in the 2036 draft, the New York Football Giants select...

Scan1_zpsce716b78.jpg

:)

Congratulations!!!!

Sadly, though, I foresee your child becoming a great linebacker.....for the Bears. Reese will pass on your blue chip prodigy in order to draft a backup punter.

Congratulations!!!!

Sadly, though, I foresee your child becoming a great linebacker.....for the Bears. Reese will pass on your blue chip prodigy in order to draft a backup punter.

On the plus side the Giant's should have another two to three more SB wins and the Bears might have been in one more NFC Championship game.

But fans will still act like the Giant's have never accomplished anything.

Tried to send this via PM. But you're a popular guy it seems.

Just wanted to send out a sincere congratulations. I can only imagine how you're feeling, well done my friend.

Thanks man, appreciated.

Congratulations!!!!

Obummer's America. :TD:

On the plus side the Giant's should have another two to three more SB wins and the Bears might have been in one more NFC Championship game.

But fans will still act like the Giant's have never accomplished anything.

Ouch... yet so True lol.

Obummer's America. :TD:

Seriously though, when your kid is playing at Soldier Field, I'll definitely buy his jersey.

The only way he lands on the Giants is on the rebound, and I'm pretty confident the fruit of your loins will not be a bust.