SportsWrath

Im too lazy to look for the original so I'm starting a new one

MakeMeSomeFoodHo

still football to play Colonel Coughlin should Pull out the riding crop .

Agreed.....I think it starts by smashing Gilbride's head with a car door.

David Wilson......300+ yards and 3 TDs last week.

This week: 12 carries.

Simply criminal...I recall reading about what several NFL OC's and DC's said about Gilbride before Coughlin hired him was that the Giants would win despite Gilfuck not because of him. I was ready to murder the guy during our last playoff loss to the Eagles when he was out there chuckling as we lost and not once did he change a non-working game plan. Giants fans are used to having coaches fired after losses to the Eagles...McVay...Sheridan...come to mind when the loss is inexcusable. That the Giants lost is one thing...but the way the lost with no wrinkles and the shackling of their most dynamic player to the bench is criminal...I know I wrote it twice and with reason.

Agreed.....I think it starts by smashing Gilbride's head with a car door.

David Wilson......300+ yards and 3 TDs last week.

This week: 12 carries.

But alot of that was return yardage, he had only had 13 carries rushing the ball last week. We threw deep On Atlanta in the playoffs, and tried more of that today, the players were not executing.

fuck Dallas , fuck Washington , fuck Philadelphia

we can still win the East or get a WC

this team is still capable of playing like it did against GB or SF ....if they can make the postseason

Go Giants

Winning the East is not looking good. Maybe a wild card. And after yesterdays game thats a big maybe.

Guys, trust me when I say that I am grateful for two recent Super Bowls, and if this group (Coughlin and/or Eli) never wins another one, I'll still be grateful for being a fan of the Giants during this period. But I have to admit I'm disappointed.

I'm going to say it... Eli isn't having an elite year. I don't think it's all his fault. I believe not having Nicks at 100% has hurt immensely. Not having a reliable third receiver for much of the season has hampered him as well. I think the coaches have hamstrung the offense to a degree. It's not just about this game. Don't look now, we've lost 4 of our last 6. And you know, in a sense we are fortunate to be 8-6... we were a pinky away from losing to Dallas twice this season.

As a matter of fact, you look at Dallas, and they remind me of us in years' past. Dez Bryant is doing his best Nicks/Plaxico Burress impersonation. DeMarco Murray is re-energizing the ground game at the right time, and a QB that is stepping up at the right time, and they are winning close, come from behind games. I'm not saying Dallas is going to go on a Super Bowl run. What I'm saying is Dallas has half of their stud defensive players on IR, and they are winning tough ball games. While we are looking listless, an offense that looks like it is grinding just to make first downs. Something is off. We have a Manning under center... where are the points? Eli should be leading this team to 30+ points most weeks. And I believe he has it in him. But it's not there right now. Something has to be shaken up. Maybe they need to go no-huddle some to get things going. And we need someone to step up and start being dominant with the ball in his hands. I'm hoping one of the kids can do it. Wilson or Randle. If you are first and second rounders, you need to make plays starting right now.

And yes, I'm aware that the defense has major problems as well. I think guys are hurting. Maybe JPP's back is really giving him a problem. And Canty had a big sack, but Linval has appeared to be quiet to me. Tuck has disappeared. And whatever happened to Marvin Austin? I thought this guy was a break out candidate? I'm watching our linebackers getting pushed way back in run defense, not shedding blocks. Michael Boley, what happened to you? We might be watching some of these guys just get old on us, right before our eyes. Sometimes, supposedly great players can be just another guy. I hope that is not happening to guys like Boley and Kiwanuka. But this team has problems on both sides of the ball. Big ones. And Coughlin needs to get Fewell and Gilbride right on what they need to do to fix this.

Agreed on Manning not being elite or HOF worthy this year. Manning, winning his 2nd SB, was on a path to the HOF. It's still obtainable for him. But games like yesterday...if there's too many of them...will severely cut into the HOF votes. Poor games stick out just as much as great games.

A HOF QB should NOT have a problem putting his team in a position to win or at least in a position to compete in games...not contributing to the mess of a performance. Eli's been off ALL year. Sure, he's shown flashes at times to show us what he's capable of, but that only strengthens the argument that he's inconsistent.

Sure, the team around him is dinged up and the defense isn't doing him any favors. But in all honesty, he isn't doing his teammates any favors either. Yesterday's game was unwatchable. I saw the first quarter and turned it off. I was thankful my stepdaughter and nephew both had birthday parties yesterday to take my mind away from what could be described as the worst day of football for the Giants this season. That's not what an elite QB is supposed to do to the fans of his team.

And as for the defense, they don't escape the criticism. Prince and KP not playing...that hurt. Hosley has shown flashes and I think he'll be better next year than what he's shown thus far. Webster has been off ALL year, same as Eli. Going from a consistently good year to a consistently bad year. Doesn't make sense.