SportsWrath

Positives and Negatives from Week 5

Treehugger

+ves

- Run blocking back to post-Eagles efficiency. If this is the real OLine then we're in good shape...and the Eagles D deserves a lot of credit. Anyone who wants to say Baas wasn't a good pickup needs to go study our power running game.

- Bradshaw isn't broken. Sorry Andre Brown fans, Ahmad ain't going nowhere. One of the major criticisms against him was his unwillingness to follow his blockers. He showed yesterday at he can make great decisions as to when to bail on the play to break a big run. That's Bradshaw's strength, not his weakness.

- Reuben Randle steps up. Great to see.

- Stevie Brown has done more for the D than Kenny Phillips has so far this season.

- Martellus "Toughguy" Bennett coming back out to play on a knee that was obviously swelling on him. Great to see that kind of committment but let's hope it didn't cause any further damage and doesn't get shifted to the "-ve" column mid-week.

-ves

- Pass rush? Hello? Browns' line is very good but our DLine is supposed to be feared, not managed. No blitzes yesterday either, even though (as Jack has rightly pointed out) that's the only way we're getting pressure this year.

- Outside contain? Hello? Trent Richardson actually tweeted the Browns game plan to you guys days before the game and you STILL let them gouge you on the edges.

- David Wilson's phenomenal returns looked to be the product of shitty Eagles kick coverage rather than anything our guys were doing.

Pros:

Will Beatty was a flat-out beast, and has been since he's returned. He looks hungry.

The reports of Bradshaw's death were greatly exaggerated.

Will Hill laying a good stick on the receiver.

David Wilson not fucking up.

All the receivers.

Cons:

Can we get off to a fast start once this season?

Enough excuses from the pass rush; until further notice, they suck.

Antrel Rolle takes poor angles.

Tackling on the RB (though Richardson is a beast as well).

Not enough Slayer being played at the stadium, though Gangnam Style was a welcome addition.

I think hixon has been outstanding overall considering his last 2 years were a bust

I've been thinking the same thing. I have not been a big fan of Hixon and thought of him as a poor man's Manningham in which you get the occasional big play, but often is in the wrong place at the wrong time.....not to mention, fragile as hell and always getting injured. But....he has turned into one helluva steady threat and he seems healthy at last. He's come a long way and looks good.

+ves

- Run blocking back to post-Eagles efficiency. If this is the real OLine then we're in good shape...and the Eagles D deserves a lot of credit. Anyone who wants to say Baas wasn't a good pickup needs to go study our power running game.

- Bradshaw isn't broken. Sorry Andre Brown fans, Ahmad ain't going nowhere. One of the major criticisms against him was his unwillingness to follow his blockers. He showed yesterday at he can make great decisions as to when to bail on the play to break a big run. That's Bradshaw's strength, not his weakness.

- Reuben Randle steps up. Great to see.

- Stevie Brown has done more for the D than Kenny Phillips has so far this season.

- Martellus "Toughguy" Bennett coming back out to play on a knee that was obviously swelling on him. Great to see that kind of committment but let's hope it didn't cause any further damage and doesn't get shifted to the "-ve" column mid-week.

-ves

- Pass rush? Hello? Browns' line is very good but our DLine is supposed to be feared, not managed. No blitzes yesterday either, even though (as Jack has rightly pointed out) that's the only way we're getting pressure this year.

- Outside contain? Hello? Trent Richardson actually tweeted the Browns game plan to you guys days before the game and you STILL let them gouge you on the edges.

- David Wilson's phenomenal returns looked to be the product of shitty Eagles kick coverage rather than anything our guys were doing.

That's partly correct. The Eagles coverage was pretty bad, but give the Browns some credit. Whenever they kicked off the ball fell short and towards the sidelines aside from the one Brown got hurt on.

LOL, how is Hixon's last two years a "bust"? You're talking about a solely special teams player who the Giants picked up for that purpose and developed into a WR that would be at least #3 slot guy on just about every other team. You two are batty.

The dude's been injured, lol.

LOL, how is Hixon's last two years a "bust"? You're talking about a solely special teams player who the Giants picked up for that purpose and developed into a WR that would be at least #3 slot guy on just about every other team. You two are batty.

I think you answered your own question.

Beat me to it and he was the #1 WR at one time. If he doesn't get injured he'd have been the undisputed #2. He's always been good, just gets freakish injuries.

I think you answered your own question.

How so? Again, we're talking about a player thought to be a career special teamer who was shell-shocked because he accidentally paralyzed Kevin Everett....he comes here, way down the depth chart, proves he can make some plays when Nicks goes down, gets moved off just special teams, gets injured, comes back and STILL has a position on a deep Giants WR corps. The people have to tout you to be a bust. Hixon came out of nowhere, he is the anti-bust.

How so? Again, we're talking about a player thought to be a career special teamer who was shell-shocked because he accidentally paralyzed Kevin Everett....he comes here, way down the depth chart, proves he can make some plays when Nicks goes down, gets moved off just special teams, gets injured, comes back and STILL has a position on a deep Giants WR corps. The people have to tout you to be a bust. Hixon came out of nowhere, he is the anti-bust.

I think he just meant his last couple of seasons were a bust, not that Hixon the player is a bust.

I think he just meant his last couple of seasons were a bust, not that Hixon the player is a bust.

I guess I've just never really heard a player's 2 injured ACL seasons as "busts"....especially when he wasn't supposed to be doing much in the first place for us. To me, Hixon has always been a pleasant surprise, even his early big plays in 2011 helped us win a few games.

That's partly correct. The Eagles coverage was pretty bad, but give the Browns some credit. Whenever they kicked off the ball fell short and towards the sidelines aside from the one Brown got hurt on.

He should have never run that one out. That was stupid.

You never see 60 yard bombs with KP back there. Ever as in it just doesn't happen.

Especially to the browns. Yea not Stevie Browns fault but teams don't throw deep on Phillip. Jason Witten even admired they don't throw deep when KP is back there.

You never see 60 yard bombs with KP back there. Ever as in it just doesn't happen.

Especially to the browns. Yea not Stevie Browns fault but teams don't throw deep on Phillip. Jason Witten even admired they don't throw deep when KP is back there.

There were 4 TDs of 30 yards or more thrown on us in the first two games. I'm not sure you can argue that.

There were 4 TDs of 30 yards or more thrown on us in the first two games. I'm not sure you can argue that.

Not 60 yard bombs by Brandon WEEDen.

That's a 30 yard difference.

Saying Brown is better then Phillips is just plain silly. Brown looks good but he's no Phillips when it comes to defending the deep ball.

Not 60 yard bombs by Brandon WEEDen.

That's a 30 yard difference.

Saying Brown is better then Phillips is just plain silly. Brown looks good but he's no Phillips when it comes to defending the deep ball.

I didn't say he was better, I said he's shown more.

I couldn't believe my eyes in the first half, but the G-men came back with a vengance. I wish I could say the same for my boys but alas, Vick was once again dick fingered.

I was telling the woman how stupid Reid is. You have one of the best RBs in the league and you're running Vick? Seriously. I love too how Vick is like; I drop balls so what. :doh: