SportsWrath

Aaron Ross to Jags

Dragon

20th overall pick in a mediocre draft class. For 20th pick, a disappointment. for that draft class, average performer..

Starter on two SB winning teams against one of the league's most potent passing offenses I think qualifies him easily as above average. While he may not have been pro bowl calibur, we certainly didn't win games in spite of him.

There were plays last season where he just looked lost out there. I can't tell you how many times I was cursing him. Ross was good in the playoffs.

Not going to try and make it sound like Ross is the greatest corner to ever suit up in blue but the entire secondary last year had alot of plays where they just looked like they didnt know what the hell was going on.

I dont know if they didnt understand Fewells schemes or something was lost in translation while getting set up on the field but how many times did you see WRs run free past our secondary last season?

Luckily though like you said Ross and the rest all stepped up their play in the playoffs.

Starter on two SB winning teams against one of the league's most potent passing offenses I think qualifies him easily as above average. While he may not have been pro bowl calibur, we certainly didn't win games in spite of him.

Ross, imo, was a below average CB. He benefited from a defensive line that pressured QBs. Given he was a 1st rounder it's as close to a bust as it gets.. without being one.

Ross, imo, was a below average CB. He benefited from a defensive line that pressured QBs. Given he was a 1st rounder it's as close to a bust as it gets.. without being one.

He was a first rounder, but I think that was more so for his NFL readiness than his upside... he never really had top corner potential, not that I ever saw, but he could return kicks, play adequate defensive back outside or in the slot... he was a good insurance policy and role player. Not what you normally hope for from a 1st rounder, but we got two Super Bowls out of the deal, so... I'll take it.

I think to much expectation is put on first round players in today's NFL.

I think to much expectation is put on first round players in today's NFL.

In my opinion too much expectation is put on rookies overall to produce right away. Seems nobody wants to give them time to develop.

not my contention at all. I think there's a reasonable expectation from a first rounder for which Ross never lived up to it or even came close. Sure he was adequate... but adequate is not what we expect from a 1st rounder. Not a bust by all means though. Good luck to him.

Good for Ross!!! Some nice money for him to live well for life!!!

Great guy, 2 time super bowl winning Giant, and a successful draft pick!! Not a stud, but very mediocre and he rose up to another level when the games mattered most!

Aaron Ross, thank you good sir for your time here in NJ with that classiest organization in pro football.

Tell me this is a joke... Ike Hilliard couldn't catch a cold, let alone a football.

Ike was a solid receiver for us. He wasn't the same after the vicious hit he took but he was very reliable.