SportsWrath

Peyton

Guest StrahansGap

I doubt Tebow goes to Jacksonville for the fact that they have Gabbert and Henne to battle for the starting spot, with the loser going to the backup role.

Right now, Tebow, Alex Smith, Tannehill (draft pick) and even David Garrard are the QBs who are being mentioned. Cleveland, Miami, and San Francisco are destinations that need a starting QB this year.

Miami may still have a shot at Tannehill in the draft.

Cleveland obviously has a shot at Tannehill, but to use their first, first rounder on him would be too high.

San Francisco would obviously be best off re-signing Alex Smith, and to be honest, he'd probably be best off signing back there. That said, we'll see how much of the bridge has been burned by their persuing Peyton.

Nas, you realize that Arizona plays in a climate controlled dome, right? And Miami isn't bad... you have the ocean breezes, dude... I'd be willing to bet come late October Peyton would LOVE to be playing home games in Miami rather than Denver. I can think of other reasons to not go to Miami, but I doubt weather was the problem.

I thought AZ was an open air stadium. I recall we played football (no pads) in a 60 degree weather... safe to say it was suffocating.

Must be a money (cap) thing, otherwise why not just bench Tebow and give him time to develop some more?

Hasnt it been said that Elway just really doesnt like Tebow as a QB?

I thought that was a big thing when Tebow got the nod to start and it wasnt until he put up some W's that Elways changed his story.

Must be a money (cap) thing, otherwise why not just bench Tebow and give him time to develop some more?

That's exactly what I think. Tebow is NOT a starter on any team and Manning won't be there forever.

Tebow will be traded to the Jaguars.

I really think Manning should have gone to a warm weather city, but hey whatever.

If you're the Jags, what do you do with Henne and Gabbert? To me, you have to start Tebow if your Jax. You know, don't rule out the Tampa Bay Bucs or the Miami Dolphins. I think Smith may sign with Miami, but even if he does, Tebow could slide into a backup role there. And Tampa Bay... they just signed Dan Orlovsky to be the backup, but that's no big deal. Freeman is still young enough where you could have a package for Tebow on offense, while still developing Freeman as if he's the guy going forward... and with his season last year, he has to prove it this year that he's good enough to be part of the future. Tebow would be great for business and great insurance for Freeman.

I think it has to be a Florida team that trades for Tebow. As popular as he is around the nation, and maybe you guys don't understand this not living here in Florida... but the dude is like royalty here. He is loved in Florida like Massachusetts loved JFK. Tampa Bay and Jacksonville have both had trouble getting people to the stadium... you get Tebow, and that problem disappears instantly.

This is the "out" that Fox and Elway wanted. They don't want Tebow and the only way to get rid of your most popular player without pissing off the fans and the players was to get Manning. I feel bad for Tebow, they drafted him that high and whether you like it or not he busted his gut for them and got them to the playoffs and made a dead team relevant again.

Hasnt it been said that Elway just really doesnt like Tebow as a QB?

I thought that was a big thing when Tebow got the nod to start and it wasnt until he put up some W's that Elways changed his story.

P Manning is Elways' get out of free card on Tebow. Plugs in #18 for three years and nobody can says shit...cause he's #18. If he gives them a couple good years (and I think he will) great....if he's neck isn't what its supposed to be....fine....when he leaves you won't have the Tebow issue to deal with and can go draft a drop back guy..Tebow will be long gone and he'll be someobody else's problem.

C. Wagon .

PS...sorry...I should have said "What Booyah said"...I didnt' see his post, before I posted.

And now we get to discuss the Tebow effect. He WILL be traded, I'm sure of it. There's no way you want that distraction where if Peyton has a bad game, people will be going nuts. They will call out John Fox asking why there's no wildcat in the red zone with Tebow the first time they get stopped on 4th and short in the red zone.

So where will he go? I think Jacksonville should do whatever possible to get him, just for the sole reason that he would be a gigantic boon to them financially. But they drafted Gabbert to be the franchise QB, and just signed Henne. Jacksonville really is a mess... I would've held off on the Henne signing until Peyton had made his decision.

You know there are two amazingly psyched people on that Denver roster... Eric Decker and DeMaryius Thomas.

They have Stokely too, who has a relationship with Peyton. I am guessing they take a TE, it's possible they can get a second for Tebow, from a team that has been left out of the QB race.

So much for Tebow time.

Wonder where God will put him next.

:D Nothing agaisnt the guy. He has a lot of passion and he's a great teammate. But with the rules the league has now, there is no place whatsoever for a quarterback that can only complete 50% of his passes. It's a passing league and you need a competent thrower of the football. Not only that, his presence alone creates a media circus and the idiot cult following that comes with it. None of that is his fault really but it doesn't change the fact that he can't play the position right now.

:D Nothing agaisnt the guy. He has a lot of passion and he's a great teammate. But with the rules the league has now, there is no place whatsoever for a quarterback that can only complete 50% of his passes. It's a passing league and you need a competent thrower of the football. Not only that, his presence alone creates a media circus and the idiot cult following that comes with it. None of that is his fault really but it doesn't change the fact that he can't play the position right now.

Which is why I don't see why he can't just back up #18 and learn from him.

Yep.. just as expected (yet to be finalized of course). Denver is his best fit taking into account staying in the AFC.. solid organization. SF kept everything under wraps for the most part... it may backfire with Smith but let's face it, Smith is mediocre at best. Miami and AZ were out of contention imo simply because of the weather... those two cities are not football cities - weather-wise. Jets were never on his list... too much drama. They're stuck with Sanchez.. the 3rd best QB in NYC (Carr is 2nd)

Nas, Peyton is from New Orleans , one of the hottest, muggiest places in the USA. I don't think hot weather was a factor.

If manning goes to Denver and Alex smith signs with Miami, who is San Francisco's QB next season, Trent Dilfer?

Probably, they'd make a play for Hasselback (the good one). Kapernick is not ready yet. I think they fall back to earth this year. Easiest schedule in the NFC last year. Although, doesnt look like Rams and Cards will be much better than last.

All for naught though because Smith will be back. Who the hell wants to be Miami QB if they can help it?

And now we get to discuss the Tebow effect. He WILL be traded, I'm sure of it. There's no way you want that distraction where if Peyton has a bad game, people will be going nuts. They will call out John Fox asking why there's no wildcat in the red zone with Tebow the first time they get stopped on 4th and short in the red zone.

So where will he go? I think Jacksonville should do whatever possible to get him, just for the sole reason that he would be a gigantic boon to them financially. But they drafted Gabbert to be the franchise QB, and just signed Henne. Jacksonville really is a mess... I would've held off on the Henne signing until Peyton had made his decision.

You know there are two amazingly psyched people on that Denver roster... Eric Decker and DeMaryius Thomas.

I'm taking both in rounds 1 and 2 in next year's fantasy football draft. As always, Rackers will be 3rd.

Probably, they'd make a play for Hasselback (the good one). Kapernick is not ready yet. I think they fall back to earth this year. Easiest schedule in the NFC last year. Although, doesnt look like Rams and Cards will be much better than last.

All for naught though because Smith will be back. Who the hell wants to be Miami QB if they can help it?

Hasselback was only leaving Tennesee, if they got Peyton. The Rams look improved with free agency moves and Seattle getting a QB that can play in Bevell's system will make them better, even though TJ knew Bevells system and still stunk.

Hasselback was only leaving Tennesee, if they got Peyton. The Rams look improved with free agency moves and Seattle getting a QB that can play in Bevell's system will make them better, even though TJ knew Bevells system and still stunk.

no reason for Smith to be insulted. If they were working out David Garard, that's insulting. But Peyton, that's expected.

no reason for Smith to be insulted. If they were working out David Garard, that's insulting. But Peyton, that's expected.

I agree, I think Smith goes back to San Fran now. No one wants to play in Miami, has you said. What the hell happened?