SportsWrath

Peyton

Guest StrahansGap

Guest StrahansGap

I think he's going to the 9ers. Dolphins are heating up negotiations with Alex Smith, Manningham just signed, and they were arguably the best team in the league last year. I smell a manning/ manning NFC championship game in 2013.....

I think he's going to the 9ers. Dolphins are heating up negotiations with Alex Smith, Manningham just signed, and they were arguably the best team in the league last year. I smell a manning/ manning NFC championship game in 2013.....

I don't know how the 9'ers snuck in there. He's already said he wants to stay in the AFC, and hopes for a Manning/Manning Superbowl. I think it would be hilarious if Smith went to Miami before the 9'ers bagged Peyton, and Peyton went to the Titans.

I don't know how the 9'ers snuck in there. He's already said he wants to stay in the AFC, and hopes for a Manning/Manning Superbowl. I think it would be hilarious if Smith went to Miami before the 9'ers bagged Peyton, and Peyton went to the Titans.

I was just saying that to my cousin.

Nope, the only reason anybody is saying 49ers is because they made the NFCCG last year. But Peyton makes ANY team a Super Bowl contender, it doesn't have to be 49ers. I'm 50-50 on Broncos or Titans, I just don't know. Of course I was wrong about Miami, so what do I know. In the end, I still believe that Peyton wants to stay out of the NFC for multiple reasons.

I think Peyton would like to stay out of the NFC for the reasons stated, that he doesn't want direct competition against Eli and in hopes for a Manning/Manning SB. That said, I think a Manning/Manning NFC Championship would be good enough and that chances of a superbowl, period, trumps chances of a superbowl against his brother.

The 49ers snuck in here because they were a very talented team that was lacking quality WRs and a quality QB. Arguably the best QB to play the game over the past however many years became available. I've been asking all along why the 49ers weren't in the mix. Turns out they were.

I think Peyton would like to stay out of the NFC for the reasons stated, that he doesn't want direct competition against Eli and in hopes for a Manning/Manning SB. That said, I think a Manning/Manning NFC Championship would be good enough and that chances of a superbowl, period, trumps chances of a superbowl against his brother.

The 49ers snuck in here because they were a very talented team that was lacking quality WRs and a quality QB. Arguably the best QB to play the game over the past however many years became available. I've been asking all along why the 49ers weren't in the mix. Turns out they were.

I stated a while back that the 9ers were in it but were keeping it under wraps for obvious reasons... of course I had no proof.. it was a gut feeling based on common sense.

Yep.. just as expected (yet to be finalized of course). Denver is his best fit taking into account staying in the AFC.. solid organization. SF kept everything under wraps for the most part... it may backfire with Smith but let's face it, Smith is mediocre at best. Miami and AZ were out of contention imo simply because of the weather... those two cities are not football cities - weather-wise. Jets were never on his list... too much drama. They're stuck with Sanchez.. the 3rd best QB in NYC (Carr is 2nd)

Hmmmm Kind of Fitting that he went from being a "Colt" to being a "Bronco"......in a poetic sence........ If they ware the throw back orange crush Uni's will he still have a horse shoe on his helmet?

Guest StrahansGap

If manning goes to Denver and Alex smith signs with Miami, who is San Francisco's QB next season, Trent Dilfer?

If manning goes to Denver and Alex smith signs with Miami, who is San Francisco's QB next season, Trent Dilfer?

It won't be much of a drop-off. Peyton would have automatically made them an instant SB favorite and it would have been stupid on their part not to pursue him. Smith would be stupid not to stay with SF and build on what he already has there.

Yep.. just as expected (yet to be finalized of course). Denver is his best fit taking into account staying in the AFC.. solid organization. SF kept everything under wraps for the most part... it may backfire with Smith but let's face it, Smith is mediocre at best. Miami and AZ were out of contention imo simply because of the weather... those two cities are not football cities - weather-wise. Jets were never on his list... too much drama. They're stuck with Sanchez.. the 3rd best QB in NYC (Carr is 2nd)

Nas, you realize that Arizona plays in a climate controlled dome, right? And Miami isn't bad... you have the ocean breezes, dude... I'd be willing to bet come late October Peyton would LOVE to be playing home games in Miami rather than Denver. I can think of other reasons to not go to Miami, but I doubt weather was the problem.

Kaepernick or something like that would be my guess...that is unless they pick up the soon to be traded Tim Tebow.

And now we get to discuss the Tebow effect. He WILL be traded, I'm sure of it. There's no way you want that distraction where if Peyton has a bad game, people will be going nuts. They will call out John Fox asking why there's no wildcat in the red zone with Tebow the first time they get stopped on 4th and short in the red zone.

So where will he go? I think Jacksonville should do whatever possible to get him, just for the sole reason that he would be a gigantic boon to them financially. But they drafted Gabbert to be the franchise QB, and just signed Henne. Jacksonville really is a mess... I would've held off on the Henne signing until Peyton had made his decision.

You know there are two amazingly psyched people on that Denver roster... Eric Decker and DeMaryius Thomas.